Dynadot

discuss There are some people list millions of other people's domain on Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

70ym

Established Member
Impact
https://www.afternic.com/gdntc1
gdntc1

https://www.afternic.com/aliyuming
aliyuming

These people list about millions of other people's domain on afternic.
When I try to list my domain, it will show that my domain already list by these people. And I need to spend 10 minutes to send them an email and wait for a week if I want to list my domain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This just happened to me. I bought a domain no less than a year ago(not even close to expiry). It was first on Dan.com, then I moved it from Dan(deleting it from Dan), and moved it to Squadhelp. Well, after 3 months of no sale, I moved it back to Dan. To my surprise, someone else added it to Dan.com(make offer). It was easy to verify and list back on Dan but the fact still remains that people are indeed doing this.

1714248205523.png

Last edited:
•••
This just happened to me. I bought a domain no less than a year ago(not even close to expiry). It was first on Dan.com, then I moved it from Dan(deleting it from Dan), and moved it to Squadhelp. Well, after 3 months of no sale, I moved it back to Dan. To my surprise, someone else added it to Dan.com(make offer). It was easy to verify and list back on Dan but the fact still remains that people are indeed doing this.

Show attachment 256054
Frustrating, isn't it?

Was the seller the one with over 100K listings? Or the one with at least over 1k domains?

In any case, glad to see that you were able to resolve the matter quickly.

Last edited:
•••
Frustrating, isn't it?

Was the seller the one with over 100K listings? Or the one with at least over 1k domains?

In any case, glad to see that you were able to resolve the matter quickly.
Whomever it was they didn't link there store page or other domains so I could make a connection. They knew what they were doing. IDK if its even worth complaining to DAN.com over this. The seller could claim ignorance and that it was a "Mistake". Just watch your Domains folks!

•••
Whomever it was they didn't link there store page or other domains so I could make a connection. They knew what they were doing. IDK if its even worth complaining to DAN.com over this. The seller could claim ignorance and that it was a "Mistake". Just watch your Domains folks!

Well, it may be worth mentioning to Dan, since this was a clear cut case of a domain being listed by someone else without a recent sale or expiration. Perhaps they will monitor that seller's listings more carefully, to make certain no other similar "mistakes" keep showing up.

Integrity matters.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back