trademark thermo.ai

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Igor Gabrielan

.ai .mv .botTop Member
Impact

[email protected]

To Whom It May Concern:
Tracer has been authorized by Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. to act on its behalf in the submission of notices of unauthorized use of its trademarks and other intellectual property.
We are writing concerning your registration and use of the domain name thermo.ai, which contains Thermo Fisher Scientific's trademark THERMO FISHER.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. owns the trademark registration for its mark THERMO FISHER, including but not limited to 2020/70487. Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. has made extensive use of its THERMO FISHER mark for the purposes of advertising, promotion, and the sale of goods and services. Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. has developed substantial goodwill and reputation in its trademarks, including THERMO FISHER, by providing world-class products and services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. owns numerous domain names, including but not limited to https://www.thermofisher.com/us/en/home.html, that it uses to disseminate information. As a result, consumers associate Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., when included in a domain name, with Thermo Fisher Scientific's products and services.
It has come to our attention that you have registered the domain name thermo.ai. This unauthorized use of the registered THERMO FISHER mark dilutes its distinctive qualities and may potentially confuse consumers.
Accordingly, we request that you immediately cease all usage of the above-referenced domain name and disable any site available at that address. In addition, we request that you transfer the domain name to Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
Please confirm in writing that you will agree to resolve this matter as requested. If we do not receive confirmation from you that you will comply with our request, we reserve the right to pursue all available remedies against you.
Sincerely,
Tracer, on behalf of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
508 8th Street
Boise, ID 83702
_Any personal data collected by Tracer and used to identify individuals for the purpose of this communication have been done in accordance with applicable privacy laws and the Tracer Privacy Policy available at: https://www.tracer.ai/legal/privacy-policy.
Certain information provided herein may be confidential and/or protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, please notify the sender immediately and do not deliver, distribute or copy this transmission, disclose its contents, or take any other action in reliance upon or as a result of the information it contains.

Attachments

• Letter of Authorization - Tracer (rev. 04-27-23).pdf
    80 KB · Views: 90
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some brazen nonsense, designed for simpletons. These trolls claim intellectual property rights to the BC word!

Last edited:
•••
They used AI or some bot it seems. At least the email (which you may want to edit out from your post) so prompts.

It still makes sense to respond, checking your response with a native english-speaker or (better) hiring english speaking lawyer. Would be 10-15 minutes job. Do not write what you posted here, patent is not the same as trademark for example.

Thermo may refer to:

Adobe Thermo, a designers' tool for creating the user interface for Rich Internet Application by Adobe Systems
Heat, energy transferred from one system to another by thermal interaction
Thermo Fisher Scientific, a healthcare equipment company
Thermo, Greece, a town in Aetolia-Acarnania, Greece
Thermodynamics, the branch of physical science concerned with heat and its relation to other forms of energy and work
Thermos, an insulating storage vessel which keeps its contents hotter or cooler than its surroundings
Thermo (journal), an academic journal published by MDPI

source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermo

Last edited:
•••
•••
I will not respond to scammers.

•••
I wouldn't respond.

Markmonitor has this entity tracer.ai.

Tracer.ai/Markmonitor appears to infringe/squat on MANY trademarks....

Talk about HYPOCRITICAL NONSENSE...

And the list below is just the first 50 of 556 records.

SOUNDS LIKE MARKMONITOR HAS NOT ADVISED THEIR CLIENT CORRECTLY - AND IS FLEECING THEM FOR BILLABLE ATTORNEY HOURS..... DEPLORABLE.

Any @jberryhill thoughts?

1686338490147.png

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I had a similar case for a .com with an email from markmonitor bot once. Responded asking markmonitor to better setup their bot and explaining generic nature of the domain in question. Never heard back.

•••
I don't think I'll ever hear them again.

•••
It turns out that this bot sends out all sorts of nonsense. And is it legal?
John Berryhill appears to have filed a suit in a similar case seeking compensation for a client in response to such an unfounded claim.

•••
At this stage, it is just an email. Nothing illegal imo. Some recipients may comply, and, in some cases, in connection with actual trademark infringement. So the bot must be profitable, markmonitor will no doubts send invoices to their clients for each successful "domain recovery".

UDRP? Hopefully a human will review it first (and close the case immediately). Or, something like this may happen:

https://www.adrforum.com/DomainDecisions/1310279.htm :

Having carefully reviewed Complainant’s initial submission, the Panel believes that it was prepared by some sort of automatic process with little or no human review.
the Panel is quite troubled by the apparent carelessness with which the Complaint in this proceeding was prepared.

Last edited:
•••
"thermo.ai, which contains Thermo Fisher Scientific's trademark THERMO FISHER."

I can't find Thermo Fisher in 'thermo.ai'. Can anyone else? Not like he registered ThermoFisher.ai or even ThermoFisherSucks.ai.

•••
Looks like I'm a serial criminal. I have another name thermostat.ai

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back