IT.COM

status-todo This site needs more transparency

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dncafe

I Buy WebsitesTop Member
Impact
If an "anonymous" mod deletes or modifies a reply within a post, there should be a public note of that. Otherwise there is no accountability and posts just disappear or get altered without anyone knowing, other than the original poster. Lots of room for abuse.

Also, it's a bit concerning when you have mods going back and forth between their personal account and the mod accounts, while remaining anonymous while using the mod accounts, yet modding threads that they're part of with their personal account.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The moderator team handling your case should be replying shortly. Please keep in mind the x2 rules that were referenced regarding their resolution.

Related/For internal use ONLY: https://www.namepros.com/conversations/attention-needed.3339646/

My post here isn't about that.

It's about transparency and that every time something is deleted or altered by a mod there should be a public note about it within the edit or deleted post, otherwise there is no accountability

•••

It's about transparency and that every time something is deleted or altered by a mod there should be a public note about it within the edit or deleted post, otherwise there is no accountability
The related conversation outlines that rule 1.5 was violated in your public post, which is what lead to that moderator team removing it. Keep in mind, while they could have issued an official warning for violating rule 1.5 they chose not too and simply edited the violation out so that your auction was not disrupted by it.

Also, it's a bit concerning when you have mods going back and forth between their personal account and the mod accounts, while remaining anonymous while using the mod accounts, yet modding threads that they're part of with their personal account.
Can you reference a thread that a moderator used a personal account on and then a moderator account as per your claim so we can investigate further?

Thanks.

•••
Hello,

Your thread was reported three different times. The first two were for violating the following rule after deciding to decline a bid after valid bids were placed.

6.2.9. Reserving the right to decline a bid is only allowed if stated before the auction's first bid, is enacted before the auction has ended, and includes a fair reason. Rule 6.1.24 applies.

Then after I sent a direct message with this moderator account to further explain and avoid any future issues you decided to post the following.

BUMP

An "anonymous" mod said I have to allow user @Corey to bid on this auction because I did not state:

"6.2.9. Reserving the right to decline a bid is only allowed if stated before the auction's first bid, is enacted before the auction has ended, and includes a fair reason. Rule 6.1.24 applies."

Even though I do not want to do any business with @Corey, so the auction will continue at $5

This is a BUMP

I decided to edit the thread in order to preserve your bump but removed the content that violated the following rules.

6.2.9. Reserving the right to decline a bid is only allowed if stated before the auction's first bid, is enacted before the auction has ended, and includes a fair reason. Rule 6.1.24 applies.

1.5. Do not post anything suggestive, inquisitive, or critical of NamePros (e.g., policy, staff, or moderator activity: infractions, content approval, edited/deleted posts, etc.) except in the designated Help Desk area (e.g., in the private support or public feedback sections).

Thank you for your cooperation.

•••

I have added a note to the post that it was edited by a moderator.

I hope this helps.

•••
I decided to edit the thread in order to preserve your bump but removed the content that violated the following rules.

My post here isn't about what rule was violated.

My post here is about the process in which a post is deleted or edited.

At the very minimum, if a mod edits a post, there should be a small footer stating something like "This post has been edited by Alfa Mod Team", otherwise there is no accountability among mods and too much room for abuse.

•••
My post here isn't about what rule was violated.

My post here is about the process in which a post is deleted or edited.

At the very minimum, if a mod edits a post, there should be a small footer stating something like "This post has been edited by Alfa Mod Team", otherwise there is no accountability among mods and too much room for abuse.
Thats a good suggestion to have edit notes added to a post that violated a rule and required editing from a moderator. Alternately, a post can be deleted entirely that violates a rule (Which is what normally happens), which leaves a moderator stamp that only moderators and staff can see.

In your case, it looks like the moderator was trying to be courteous at the same time by not issuing a warning and not removing your bump entirely, so that your thread still moved to the top of the page list.

Thanks for the suggestion.

•••
If an "anonymous" mod deletes or modifies a reply within a post, there should be a public note of that. Otherwise there is no accountability and posts just disappear or get altered without anyone knowing, other than the original poster. Lots of room for abuse.
Agreed. This is something we hope to develop since it’s unlikely that our forum software will add it.

We do try to add a note (automatically or manually) whenever we edit content, but sometimes, we may forget or accidentally uncheck the box that does it automatically.

•••
Where is that happening?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back