Dynadot

poll Travel.Agency what will it sell for

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Travel.agency has to be one of the most relevant new gTLDs and therefore one would expect it to be one of the most valuable. It has 110,000 exact match searches per month on Google.
The question is what would the name now sell for?
I’m going to estimates in today's market it will sell for $7000
I think the downside of this name is that travel agencies use brands and not keywords. Keywords have lost favour over the last few years due to Google's change in the search algorithm.
Interested to see what other members think it will sell for and why and seeing who is the closet.
Also think it will be sold to a domainer and not to an end-user. And at $7000 I think there will be little upside when trying to remarket it to an end user.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Recons,

Travel.agency is NOT at all a domain hack like the ones you mentioned above ... this is a true KEYWORD+EXTENSION domain name; and this type of domain names (GOOD keyword+extension that make sense toghether will have more value than the matching .COM over the next few years, just need to give them time. I agree with you that domain hacks are less valuable than the .COM domain but this is not the case; a domain hack in a NEW gTLD would be NewZea.land to give an example. I agree this ones are worthless ... but high quality keywords+extension (that make sense together) are true gems between the New GTLDs. Internet is changing and the domain names value will change as well ...:)

No, no it won't. TravelAgency.com will always be more valuable than travel.agency. You're on brandclub.com, not brand.club. Looks more like a run on sentence than a url. The ridiculous stuff that gets posted.

•••
No, no it won't. TravelAgency.com will always be more valuable than travel.agency. You're on brandclub.com, not brand.club. Looks more like a run on sentence than a url. The ridiculous stuff that gets posted.
In your opinion ...

We are on BrandClub.com as we could not register/acquire Brand.club ;)

TravelAgency.com is a 2 words domain name.
Travel.agency
is a 1 word domain name and is 3 characteres shorter !
Travel.agency can be compared to TravelAgency.com but also to Travel.com ...
Not so valuable as Travel.com but definitelly more valuable than TravelAgency.com :)

Last edited:
•••
$20K ...it's a nice name. BUT, i personally wouldn't want to own it for the longer term..only because how many people actually use travel agencies anymore?

•••
In your opinion ...

We are on BrandClub.com as we could not register/acquire Brand.club ;)

TravelAgency.com is a 2 words domain name.
Travel.agency
is a 1 word domain name and is 3 characteres shorter !
Travel.agency can be compared to TravelAgency.com but also to Travel.com ...
Not so valuable as Travel.com but definitelly more valuable than TravelAgency.com :)
You're saying Travel.Agency is more valuable than TravelAgency.com?

..and how is Travel.Agency considered one word?

•••
You're saying Travel.Agency is more valuable than TravelAgency.com?

..and how is Travel.Agency considered one word?
Travel.agency is not considered ... it is a ONE word domain name.
TRAVEL is the keyword and .AGENCY is the extension (like .COM).
Hope this helps ;)

Last edited:
•••
Travel.agency is not considered ... it is a ONE word domain name.
TRAVEL is the keyword and .AGENCY is the extension (like .COM).
Hope this helps ;)
I wouldn't consider any GTLD that has two keywords separated by a dot a one word domain.

•••
I wouldn't consider any GTLD that has two keywords separated by a dot a one word domain.
Well, you don´t have to consider them ... what is on the right side of the DOT is an extension ;)

•••
Does any GTLD talk always turn into this much squabbling? I think 7000 might be a high valuation. While were at it whats free / cruises worth? Everyones gotten that prerecorded telemarketer phonecall saying "this is your captain speaking" haha.

•••
Travel.agency is up for auction on flippa and has been listed by Ali Zandi.
It has to be one of the most relevant new gTLDs and therefore one would expect it to be one of the most valuable. It has 110,000 exact match searches per month on Google. Approximately 28 days left on the auction and it is a no reserve auction.
The question is what would the name now sell for?
I’m going to estimates in today's market it will sell for $7000
I think the downside of this name is that travel agencies use brands and not keywords. Keywords have lost favour over the last few years due to Google's change in the search algorithm.
Interested to see what other members think it will sell for and why and seeing who is the closet.
Also think it will be sold to a domainer and not to an end-user. And at $7000 I think there will be little upside when trying to remarket it to an end user.

Great post! good insight Thats definitely a valuable name I have seen on flippa a well and its is a catchy domain for sure.. keep up the great post thanks!!

•••
travel agency may be nice keyword if it was .com, especially for type-in traffic

but does travel.agency get any type-ins?

also, would you, if you own a travel agency, want it to have such a generic name, as opposed to a less expensive but more specific name like "cooper travel " or even "bob's travel service"

sure, it may look nice on a card, but for the price, plus renewal fee's, and possible typos to "travelagency.com", is it worth it?

Good Luck!

This.

I wish Ali all the best, however, this is not a 5 or 6-figure domain.

•••
•••
This.

I strongly believe it will be within 5-10 years.

Like always, time will tell...

•••
I strongly believe it will be within 5-10 years.

Like always, time will tell...

Unfortunately, it's not a 10 year auction.

;)

•••
•••
Unfortunately, it's not a 10 year auction.

;)

True, but it will have a brand new owner when it's finished. ;)

For this specific auction, my guess is a low 5-fig: $12,200.

•••
I believe that if a company/developer decides to buy a domain of this magnitude, then they should have no problem seeing $41.58/mo as much of an expense. Especially when compared to all the other expenses a business requires to operate properly.

Truth! Expense is part of business. I never got into the new GTLDs but I do believe the right way to go about is with those solid word and domain extension combinations. This goes with many other extensions. Taco Bell bought Ta.Co and Join.Me is quite popular just to name a few.

The auction is already up to 4k so looks like it will surpass the 7k mark without a doubt =-D

- Will

•••
This.

Shane, do you care to make a wager that this doesn't sell for 5 figures?

•••
Why would anyone sell their domain on Flippa unless they are desperate for cash?
I assume Ali Zandi has a lot of contacts?
Why settle for a (crappy) reseller marketplace?
"scratches head*
That's a good question. The real immediate value in this name would be for an end user already in this space, and there are STILL hundreds of "Travel Agency" businesses who live and die online and most of them have no idea that this domain is for sale. Hopefully Ali does some direct outreach to them as well.

•••
As far as why send to Flippa, I'm guessing the auction format is part of it. Has a lot of watchers, 15 different bidders already. Besides the people that normally use Flippa, contact end users and you just need 2 or more that really want it (and have money) for a bidding war, driving the price up. I'm sure you can contact each individually and go back and forth with email but you don't get those competitive juices going that an auction would get you.

Last edited:
•••
I think this domain will end up being sold WELL in excess of $50k

Let say for example, I owned a leading travel agency turning over a few million dollars per year. Dropping $50-$100k on a superbly brand-able domain like this wouldn't be a tall ask at all.

I'm sure that once some of the larger travel agencies get wind of this sale they could end up starting a bidding war.

I REALLY and sincerely hope that this is the case for Ali and he ends up selling it for a ridiculous amount of money after a bidding war between a few of the Travel Agency giants....

Good luck with your sale mate!

**Yikes, just noticed Ali has over $737k transactions on Flippa in the last 2 years!*** LEGENDARY Dude!!! Nicely done :)
ditto.
In this case it's worth more than the .com :) 100k+ Can't wait to see what you come up with that's better than letting this one go :)
Cheers!

•••
Interesting, we would say "going to a Travel Agent" before agency ..... admittedly it is self branding

•••
Interesting, we would say "going to a Travel Agent" before agency ..... admittedly it is self branding
travel agent is the employee who will serve you, travel agency is the company - I get your point, be interesting to see which gets more exact searches

•••
I think of Concierge services (broad scope) for Travel.Agency
I think of Booking assistant for Travel Agent.

•••
I can only share the variation of how people use terms, of course I do know what a travel agency is, but in Australia I suggest the term Travel Agent may be the more common, however we would say Advertising Agency over Agent ,,,, different strokes different folks. Some terms/words do not crossover as well. I would never have a "centre" domain name because depending on where you are it can mean "middle" It did make me wonder why the renewal cost was not listed in the initial auction listing. That cannot help the New Gtld cause in my view. Perhaps this will be the one that gets developed and alerts the critical mass to the new Gtld's?

•••
Why would anyone sell their domain on Flippa unless they are desperate for cash?
I assume Ali Zandi has a lot of contacts?
Why settle for a (crappy) reseller marketplace?
"scratches head*

As opposed to reaching out to everyone individually, I chose to create a no reserve auction, and invite all of the potential buyers to it. If the auction was made public enough, then anyone who would find interest in it, could appreciate the opportunity to acquire it. And being that it is a no-reserve auction, they know it's not a waste of their time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back