Domain Empire

poll Travel.Agency what will it sell for

Spaceship
Watch
Travel.agency has to be one of the most relevant new gTLDs and therefore one would expect it to be one of the most valuable. It has 110,000 exact match searches per month on Google.
The question is what would the name now sell for?
I’m going to estimates in today's market it will sell for $7000
I think the downside of this name is that travel agencies use brands and not keywords. Keywords have lost favour over the last few years due to Google's change in the search algorithm.
Interested to see what other members think it will sell for and why and seeing who is the closet.
Also think it will be sold to a domainer and not to an end-user. And at $7000 I think there will be little upside when trying to remarket it to an end user.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well if its promoted enough to the correct end users and it has enough eyes on it, I'd say 10-20k

•••
•••
I agree with what you say. I think value for 'top' nGtld need more time to realize. I'll say 7425! The downside I see is that travel agencies are more of a localized thing, people are more inclined to go use a brick and mortar, I think. But it would make a good yellow pages type thing.

Last edited:
•••
•••
With $499 renewal, the seller already bought at end-user price.

@betthelot - Why are you promoting auction's here?

•••
With $499 renewal, the seller already bought at end-user price.

@betthelot - Why are you promoting auction's here?
I'm not promoting the auction I think it's a good litmus test to see where the new gTLDs are at. It's what's often called a good gTLD given that it has meaning across the dot and it resonates.
Have you seen my other posts, the last thing I can be accused of is promoting the new gTLDs.
Good point about the renewal fee.

•••
Travel.Agency - what an amazing domain name!

•••
I'm more interested in the original purchase price to see if it ends up being a good sale. But if you do buy new gtlds, at least they should be spot on like this one.

Also what betthelot said - "I think the downside of this name is that travel agencies use brands and not keywords."

Most have original type names, don't call themselves travel agency.

Will be interesting to see where it ends up.

•••
I'm more interested in the original purchase price.
That's what I wanted to know.
And also why sell now, Ali Zandi is a respected domainer with a proven track record and on the face of it seems his sentiment for the new gTLDs is negative to be selling now on Flippa which is likely to get wholesale value rather than outbound marketing to get an end user price. Or he tried this and got nowhere. Clearly he sees more value in other domain categories to cash in on it to reinvest a portion into other sectors he sees a better ROI. As I say on the face of it and its just a gut feeling.

Last edited:
•••
That's what I wanted to know.
And also why sell now, Ali Zandi is a respected domainer with a proven track record and on the face of it seems his sentiment for the new gTLDs is negative to be selling now on Flippant which is likely to get wholesale value rather than outbound market to an end user. Or he tried this and got nowhere. Clearly he sees more value in other domain categories to cash in on it to reinvest a portion into other sectors he sees a better ROI. As I say on the face of it and its just a gut feeling.

Well, I wasn't going to jump in, but I'll fill you in on it's background a bit and why I chose to sell it in such a manner. That way, you can just hear it from the source.

My goal was to take Travel.Agency and Raindrop.com and turn them into a pair of travel sites. One for content, and one for booking. A typical wild, domain investor fantasy development I guess. Unfortunately, the more into the project I got, the less I had time to spend with my son, my wife, and just about everything else. I was consumed 24 hours a day, and just didn't even have the time or resources to push it forward as fast as I would have liked. You'll notice Raindrop.com is now down too, and I am in the process of planning another, domain industry related site. But that's another story. Anyway.

Clearly he sees more value in other domain categories to cash in on it to reinvest a portion into other sectors he sees a better ROI
Not true, I'm openly diverse about my acquisitions. I'm a wild man at heart. One day I may pick up a few hundred Chinese pattern domains, the next I'll go on a .co buying spree. At the end of the day, If I like a domain name, and believe in it's potential, I will buy it. It's worked for me thus far. I am also a believer in nGTLD's and have set myself up with a few in some key verticals with the future in mind. A good domain is a good domain is a good domain is a good domain. I've learned that the hard way.:) Plus, I'm not selling to reinvest into buying more domains, I am liquidating specific parts of my portfolio, including .com's, to fund my new Raindrop.com project.

seems his sentiment for the new gTLDs is negative to be selling now on Flippant which is likely to get wholesale value rather than outbound market to an end user. Or he tried this and got nowhere.
Fair to think that, but not the fact here for me. There is not much outbound history on this domain name, however, there have been a few endusers invited to this particular auction, whether they show up or not, is up to them.

As whole, nGTLD's are a huge topic of conversation. From renewal rates, to longevity, to whatever else. For me, and in my personal life, I am a fan of SOME of them. Not all. The right combinations are something I really enjoy buying, and have sold quite a few of. I'm okay with the renewals. $499/yr to me for a domain name isn't as eyeball popping for the reason that I pay that much a quarter for internet access... so it's worth it to me.

I believe that if a company/developer decides to buy a domain of this magnitude, then they should have no problem seeing $41.58/mo as much of an expense. Especially when compared to all the other expenses a business requires to operate properly. Even as a domain investor, some cannot fathom paying certain renewals rates, others can. It's all about the person, and their wants and needs. The value is in the belief of the brand, some will believe, some won't.

It will be bitter sweet to see it go of course, and I'm sure one day I'll look back and regret it, but right now, I have a plan, and I want to fund it. So why not? At the very worst, it will give a view of premium nGTLD value in the current state of the market. Which helps me with my other similar domain names, and hopefully helps others too.

Regardless, I am in it for the experience. It should be great to be a part of the auction.

•••
Well, I wasn't going to jump in, but I'll fill you in on it's background a bit and why I chose to sell it in such a manner. That way, you can just hear it from the source.

My goal was to take Travel.Agency and Raindrop.com and turn them into a pair of travel sites. One for content, and one for booking. A typical wild, domain investor fantasy development I guess. Unfortunately, the more into the project I got, the less I had time to spend with my son, my wife, and just about everything else. I was consumed 24 hours a day, and just didn't even have the time or resources to push it forward as fast as I would have liked. You'll notice Raindrop.com is now down too, and I am in the process of planning another, domain industry related site. But that's another story. Anyway.

Not true, I'm openly diverse about my acquisitions. I'm a wild man at heart. One day I may pick up a few hundred Chinese pattern domains, the next I'll go on a .co buying spree. At the end of the day, If I like a domain name, and believe in it's potential, I will buy it. It's worked for me thus far. I am also a believer in nGTLD's and have set myself up with a few in some key verticals with the future in mind. A good domain is a good domain is a good domain is a good domain. I've learned that the hard way.:) Plus, I'm not selling to reinvest into buying more domains, I am liquidating specific parts of my portfolio, including .com's, to fund my new Raindrop.com project.

Fair to think that, but not the fact here for me. There is not much outbound history on this domain name, however, there have been a few endusers invited to this particular auction, whether they show up or not, is up to them.

As whole, nGTLD's are a huge topic of conversation. From renewal rates, to longevity, to whatever else. For me, and in my personal life, I am a fan of SOME of them. Not all. The right combinations are something I really enjoy buying, and have sold quite a few of. I'm okay with the renewals. $499/yr to me for a domain name isn't as eyeball popping for the reason that I pay that much a quarter for internet access... so it's worth it to me.

I believe that if a company/developer decides to buy a domain of this magnitude, then they should have no problem seeing $41.58/mo as much of an expense. Especially when compared to all the other expenses a business requires to operate properly. Even as a domain investor, some cannot fathom paying certain renewals rates, others can. It's all about the person, and their wants and needs. The value is in the belief of the brand, some will believe, some won't.

It will be bitter sweet to see it go of course, and I'm sure one day I'll look back and regret it, but right now, I have a plan, and I want to fund it. So why not? At the very worst, it will give a view of premium nGTLD value in the current state of the market. Which helps me with my other similar domain names, and hopefully others too.

Regardless, I am in it for the experience. It should be great to be a part of the auction.
Thanks for the detailed reply appreciate it. Love the domain raindrop.com, great brand name for anything.

•••
Back to the original question... I think Travel.Agency will sell for $11,300. And to forecast for the future, I think the domain will bring $40k by 2021.

•••
Back to the original question... I think Travel.Agency will sell for $11,300. And to forecast for the future, I think the domain will bring $40k by 2021.
2021 thats precise. I dont think it will get 40k in my life time

•••
•••
•••

That's the beauty of domain names. Everyone perceives their value differently.

To me, I love the brand, but I'm also biased. But in general, I think the future is wide open. Especially at the rate things are growing, not just in the domain industry either. A lot of ideals are being challenged, a lot of boundaries are being pushed, and even surpassed.

When it comes to digital real estate, anything goes. There are all sorts of buyers around the world, it would be wiser for me to assume that anything can happen in the years ahead.

•••
My guess is that It will sell for 5 figures
I like raindrop better though... it can be branded for alot of things

•••
What i am seeing in Auction. I'll say more than 25 K atleast . Can touch high 5 figures

•••
My guess is that It will sell for 5 figures
I like raindrop better though... it can be branded for alot of things
Thank you.

And we shall see, I went into it with no expectations, anything goes.

•••

shit, I wouldn't be surprised if that name gets 40k right on Flippa in 4 weeks from now.

•••
•••
Travel . Agency , good ngtld, if it fetches good amount that would be boost for other ntlds.

•••
Travel . Agency , good ngtld, if it fetches good amount that would be boost for other ntlds.
It doesnt get much better, so I feel it will give us a good indication of the state of the sector

•••
A $500 renewal is typically ridiculous but for such a category killer term it's certainly worth it. If I were a travel agent and bought it to build out I would renew it out 10 years right off the bat and forget about it. If prices go up, covered.

I also like RainDrop.com better though. Not necessarily for travel but for anything.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back