Domain Empire

Trouble Getting Paid by Escrow.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
My buyer accepted the domain and waived the inspection period on Thursday night. I called Escrow.com early Friday morning and authorized them charging me a $30 fee to Fedex the check to me airmail for next morning delivery. I called them at noon (3 days later) on Monday (today) because I had not received the check or even had any email notification of the delivery. The lady on the phone tells me that they have not even Fedex shipped it yet!

So it's Monday night at 5pm before I even get an email delivery notice from Fedex. Then an hour later I get an email notice from Fedex stating that Escrow.com has cancelled my shipment!

Is anybody else having an issue with Escrow.com failing to pay them?

What better options can we utilize for an escrow service?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Quicker payment via Paypal / Bitcoin would be awesome. but they are regulated with US norms. it may take longer time to add these into their system.

•••
My buyer accepted the domain and waived the inspection period on Thursday night. I called Escrow.com early Friday morning and authorized them charging me a $30 fee to Fedex the check to me airmail for next morning delivery. I called them at noon (3 days later) on Monday (today) because I had not received the check or even had any e
My buyer accepted the domain and waived the inspection period on Thursday night. I called Escrow.com early Friday morning and authorized them charging me a $30 fee to Fedex the check to me airmail for next morning delivery. I called them at noon (3 days later) on Monday (today) because I had not received the check or even had any email notification of the delivery. The lady on the phone tells me that they have not even Fedex shipped it yet!

So it's Monday night at 5pm before I even get an email delivery notice from Fedex. Then an hour later I get an email notice from Fedex stating that Escrow.com has cancelled my shipment!

mail notification of the delivery. The lady on the phone tells me that they have not even Fedex shipped it yet!

•••
I found Escrow usually holds the money another 24 after the transaction completes. I never minded. As for Escrow cancelling your shipment, that is odd. What did they say when you asked about it?

•••
Sandra Gordon, one of our Senior Escrow Officers asked me to post this on her behalf.

Hello, Sandra Gordon here from Escrow.com.

This transaction was at my desk for processing of the payment once the buyer accepted on our site. All transactions are reviewed and closed individually, and this transaction was reviewed and approved for release by me prior to Support receiving the your request for a change in payment method. Somewhere there was a breakdown in Support communicating the change request to the closing department, and for that we sincerely apologize. I was not aware of the change until the FedEx label was created and its was realized that funds had already been sent by the original payment method chosen, ACH. Unfortunately it is not a perfect system, so human error and oversights can occur.

Funds should post to your account today or tomorrow latest, as ACH payments take 3 business days to clear. As the escrow fee was split between buyer and seller we can offer to credit you your half of the escrow fee, we'll get that off in today's mail.

We again apologize sincerely for the confusion in getting payment to you. Escrow.com takes our responsibility for distributing funds in a timely manner very seriously, and we are proud to offer an excellent and valuable service. Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any questions or should you decide to use our service again in the future [email protected] (949) 635-3805.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back