Dynadot

news Uniregistry is opening their own marketplace Uniregistry Market

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Constantin S

Top Member
Impact
I just been called by an Uniregistry broker and he announced me that they will open an marketplace for domains next week.
He told me there will be no fee to list them and the success fee will be 15%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just been called by an Uniregistry broker and he announced me that they will open an marketplace for domains next week.
He told me there will be no fee to list them and the success fee will be 15%.
15% is high :(

•••
•••
Is the minimum fee still $175?

•••
Wow, I thought it was free for domains registered at Uniregistry. 15% is not bad.. but I will build my own for sale pages instead...

•••
Thanks for the updates with uniregistry!!
:)

•••
Domainnamesales.com?

It would be ideal if they dropped auction listings on the front page of DomainNameSales. Bound to catch some sales attention there and probably makes a lot more sense to have it there, if not in both places.

•••
I am ready to pay 15% if the domain name shows up if somebody searches for the domain name rather than showing as "taken".

•••
I am ready to pay 15% if the domain name shows up if somebody searches for the domain name rather than showing as "taken".
Yeah but, Uniregistry is mostly used by investors and not end-users. You have better chance to sell a name this way at Godaddy.

•••
uniregistry has great domain manager. love it. best I saw anywhere
prices ok

I don't see much exposure for my domains on marketplace
even less than namesilo

unless they show them elsewhere like dns

•••
We'll see when it opens. This is a nice company, so i expect something good...

•••
Uniregistry marketplace open!

•••
Where is the new marketplace? What are they going to do with DomainNameSales?

•••
found the marketplace

Last edited:
•••
new market place is just one extra option on your dashboard.. next to your manager and transfer options.

or go here:

https://uniregistry.com/?market=1

u can put unireg domains there.. or ones that are outside of unireg. can just add them directly from your manager..

I use unireg for its domain manager. I do not really reg domaisn there. prices are okay, but its best to be where most people are with yuor domains.. thats godaddy.

all your previous domain name sales get transfered to your unireg inbox. and there isn't really any more need to login to dns from looks of it. i think it'll just slowly fade away and die. i think thats the plan.

one thing maybe someone can explain:

i saw the dns servers on unireg for market:

NS1.UNIREGISTRYMARKET.LINK
ns2.""

are these for the old dns parked pages???

when I put them into godaddy, they give me error. maybe there are problems. anyone else getting errors?

•••
I checked out the marketplace, I wanted to do a search, but I wanted to filter .com, but the option was .com,.link it forced me to choose .link also, then I had to X it out to cancel it from the search.

Cross promotion of in house TLD's might hurt sales, as the reg fee option always seems attractive.

As mentioned above more domainers use the registry, whereas godaddy has alot more end users, searching, and pulling up searches, and getting feedback for what's for sale.

I would like to see more of an advanced search with more user options to filter further.

•••
I have an account at domainnamessales.com where I have been managing my domains / inquiries etc. I do not have an account at uniregistry. I am unable to access my dns account at this time. cannot see any inquiries I have responded to or anything. Is anyone else having this issue ?

•••
I called them earlier to report problems with my control panel.

•••
Have you guys read this clause in the Uniregistry domain registration agreement?

In the event that you fail to renew your domain name prior to its expiration, your registration will expire and we may, at our discretion, elect to assume the registration and may hold it for our own account, delete it or transfer it to a third party. You acknowledge and agree that your right and interest in a domain name ceases upon its expiration and that any expired domain name may be made available for registration by a third party.

•••
Have you guys read this clause in the Uniregistry domain registration agreement?

In the event that you fail to renew your domain name prior to its expiration, your registration will expire and we may, at our discretion, elect to assume the registration and may hold it for our own account, delete it or transfer it to a third party. You acknowledge and agree that your right and interest in a domain name ceases upon its expiration and that any expired domain name may be made available for registration by a third party.

yeah.. well.. we all should decide about our domains before expiry.. imo
but yeah.. if this means that the day it expires they do as they please then it stinks, cause most registrars give you 30 days or so to renew. not sure if that's what it means though

either way, I raly don't plan to reg many things at unireg... I just love their manager.. allowing me to essentially manage all domainds from all registrars in one place... and now also am there for the marketplace.. I am personally firm believer that for registrars, its just besdt to be where most people are.. for sales ease.. pushes... etc.. and that be godaddy.
but to each his own I guess
cheer
s

•••

is this an updated clause?

Last edited:
•••
Yes, but that wording is very loose, and does not mention anything about a grace period.

yes I agree very loose! which is why said that IF they offer 0 days of grace, then it stinks.
probably make them the only registrars who do not offer grace too. imo.

•••
yes I agree very loose! which is why said that IF they offer 0 days of grace, then it stinks.
probably make them the only registrars who do not offer grace too. imo.
I mean life happens sometimes, you forget to renew a valuable domain on time, and poof it can be gone, and the TOS are right there, not much recourse, now I doubt it happens, but who wants to take that chance.

•••
I mean life happens sometimes, you forget to renew a valuable domain on time, and poof it can be gone, and the TOS are right there, not much recourse, now I doubt it happens, but who wants to take that chance.

I agree. the TOS should defiitely not be a place for ambiguities.. and this is definitely not 100% clear. so it's a problem in itself.

like I Said, I personally do not plan to reg there. I think I have 3 domains there total. best place to be with your domains is where most people are. to me its that simple.. so its godaddy time for me lol
cheers

•••
I agree. the TOS should defiitely not be a place for ambiguities.. and this is definitely not 100% clear. so it's a problem in itself.

like I Said, I personally do not plan to reg there. I think I have 3 domains there total. best place to be with your domains is where most people are. to me its that simple.. so its godaddy time for me lol
cheers
I agree godaddy is looking pretty good right now, hopefully they come out, and answer some of these questions, but best they put it in black, and white. I have seen alot of names move over to uniregistry, good names too.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back