IT.COM

Using Bodis, how to maximize seo for link?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

highondomaine

Established Member
Impact
I recently added some domains to bodis, however it seems like they are doing a bad job of SEOing it, since the domain wont even show up if i typed it out in google search. How will people even come across my domains? Do I need to SEO it myself first with just words before submitting it to bodi to let them redirect to their advertiser?

thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please, read the bodis terms of service.
Hope this help

•••
@highondomaine

your domains need to have traffic *prior* to having them parked

Bodis, or any other well known parking service, will not bring traffic to you and also, as pablo said, you are not allowed to direct traffic *after* parking a domain

So, the whole point in parking is to find domains that already have quality traffic, park them and -possibly- profit :)

•••
@Hypersot

but when I use bodis for a domain it completely changes the website into the generic bodis link page. how would any of my keywords or content show up in an engine to get traffic?

lets say you just bought a pure domain name, what would you do before parking it with bodis?

•••
@Hypersot

but when I use bodis for a domain it completely changes the website into the generic bodis link page. how would any of my keywords or content show up in an engine to get traffic?

lets say you just bought a pure domain name, what would you do before parking it with bodis?

By 'pure' I suppose you mean a not-registered-before domain name.

Well, that name could only be used for resale (if anyone has a need of it), the only reason that anyone would park such a name is to have a page that is not blank on their domain.

You need to understand that parking for ads profit and parking for resale are two different things.

if you are interested in parking for profit from ads then your domain needs to have either:
a. direct traffic (ie. old bookmarks -if domain was a previous live site- or a very very popular exact match domain like cheapshoes / com for example)
b. search traffic (only if the previous owner had done his seo thing properly or if the domain name had been a long time alive as a site)
c. backlinks (check Smurge's thread for that, lots of good info there)

as you probably have figured out by now -except for the typein traffic- all other traffic requires the domain to have been alive and busy at some point in the past, ie. no new domain name.

Parking has a lot..lot more to it, you really need to do some research on that. One thing is for sure though: no parking company will do SEO for you :)

•••
hmm thank you for the detailed explanation!

just wondering then, whats the best way to monetize a fresh domain that I intend to resale without developing or doing seo?

•••
If it doesn't bring type-in traffic, then I know of no other way, sorry

...but that's just me, there might be others in the forum that might now

•••
You cannot use SEO on any parked page at any parking company. Google's ToS prevent the parking companies from doing that.

Also parked pages are generally banned from Google's SERPS, so they will never show up there. Google doesn't want any domain which just shows parking ads to show up in their SERP's. Why would they? They want meaningful content in their SERP's. Not domain after domain, full of ads.

If you want to appear in Google SERP's you need to unpark the domain, add meaningful content and use Adsense to generate revenue. Using Adsense to it's best ability is an art in itself. You will need to learn that art, else you won't get any Adsense clicks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back