Dynadot

Value of 4L .coms?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've been out of the scene for a good 5-7 years.
I have about 10ish 4L .coms that I've owned for 10-15 years.

how do you go about trying to figure out value for them? Currently they're parked on godaddy and some do get some revenue from clicks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It depends if they are dictionary words or contain numbers etc.

•••
•••
I've been out of the scene for a good 5-7 years.
I have about 10ish 4L .coms that I've owned for 10-15 years.

how do you go about trying to figure out value for them? Currently they're parked on godaddy and some do get some revenue from clicks.
The 4L 'gold rush' more or less ended a few years ago but there is still a good market for them...it all depends on the letters. Typically all consonant 4L's are worth more but even those with vowels can exceed the 'average'.

The only to have a real idea of value is to use the appraisal thread and I'm sure a couple of members will offer their opinion.

•••
$200 wholesale, and anything under is good in 2023 imo.

Check out the website ShortNames for a LLLL.com market synapsis. It does not count NP; and you could often find a better deal here!

I will @Corey and @TERADOMAIN two of my favorite fellow LLLL.com enthusiasts. This is my favorite niche!

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
it all varies on buyer. he may need some letters and its stuff u never imagined. someone just sold repg like 3k... would u guessed..no of course not..... i got tixw... looks poor..but some guy wanted it for watch company tix watches.. get it? obviously total.crap like jvxw is less chance of surprises.. but still Chinese people.. it's different language... either way check namebio for what sells now.. say bye bye to good old bs days 5 or 7 yr back when even here on np people paid 3k for some chinese chip nonsense and all that.. some made good money..others waited too long and they now 100usd a pop

•••
SEDO2.png
SEDO.png

Just In Case...

•••
•••
What does Premium, Anti-Premium, & Semi-Premium etc. mean?
CVCV
= An LLLL.com that follows a Consonant, Vowel, Consonant, Vowel Pattern.
VCVC = An LLLL.com that follows a Vowel, Consonant, Vowel, Consonant Pattern.
Triple Letter = 3 of the same letter in the same LLLL.com. An example of this is my domain: LLLX.com.
Quad premium = 4 Premium Letters. Basically, 4 letters of which none consist of J,K,Q,U,V,W,X,Y,Z.
Triple premium = 3 Premium Letters.
Semi-Premium = When used in an LLLL.com context, generally used to denote an LLLL.com with 3 premium letters and one lesser quality letter (J,K,U,V,W,Y). Also used to denote a single letter which is of lesser quality (J,K,U,V,W,Y).
Double Premium = 2 Premium Letters.
Anti-Premium (also called Non-Premium) = 1 or less Premium Letters. Sometimes used to denote excessively bad combinations.

Cheers
Corey

•••
Perfect, thanks! I'll submit them all and see how it goes.

I want to warn you that the Sedo auction is essentially No Reserve (aside from a paltry $99) so this is more of a "liquidation" auction and there's a high probability you don't achieve the results (price!) you ideally would like.

•••
I want to warn you that the Sedo auction is essentially No Reserve (aside from a paltry $99) so this is more of a "liquidation" auction and there's a high probability you don't achieve the results (price!) you ideally would like.
Thanks, I'm aware. I currently have 17 4L .coms in that auction. I put them all at $99 starting. I suppose I'll let the market decide their value. Hopefully they get decent results. Currently 7 of 10 have bids. Hoping for the best!

Last edited:
•••
DM me your names if you like, I may want to bid.

•••
Please DM me your names if you like, I may want to bid.

Cheers
Corey

•••
A premium domain name is a domain name composed exclusively of letters: A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,L,M,N,O,P,R,S,T. These letters are referred to as “premium letters”.

Cheers
Corey

•••
Just an update. 17 domains listed at sedo auction. all domains sold.
total of $5100 usd

•••
Are you satisfied with the outcome?

Congratulations

•••
Are you satisfied with the outcome?

Congratulations
Yep I'm OK. Lost on some but a few went higher than expected.

•••
Hey! Thanks for sharing!🙏

I knew, you would post here and was eagerly waiting for your response.

So, 5100/17= $300.

💐Congratulations! To You and Buyers!

•••
Hey! Thanks for sharing!🙏

I knew, you would post here and was eagerly waiting for your response.

So, 5100/17= $300.

💐Congratulations! To You and Buyers!
so out of the 17 domains sold, only about 5 or 6 were paid. And that's the cheap ones ($150 ones) the 3 most expensive ones are unpaid. $5xx, $7xx, $1050. Disappointing to say the least.

•••
the 3 most expensive ones are unpaid. $5xx, $7xx, $1050. Disappointing to say the least.

What an embarrassment for Sedo. I was considering retrying them seeing your initial report, but now I will avoid.

Marketplace auctions lately are getting failing grades across the board.

My sympathies.

Last edited:
•••
so out of the 17 domains sold, only about 5 or 6 were paid. And that's the cheap ones ($150 ones) the 3 most expensive ones are unpaid. $5xx, $7xx, $1050. Disappointing to say the least.

It's unfortunate to hear that many of the domains remain unpaid....... especially the more expensive ones.
NOW, It seems like the SEDO auction didn't go as smoothly as expected. Were there any technical issues or obstacles preventing the transactions? Sometimes these situations can be a bit unpredictable.

My sympathies too.

•••
It's unfortunate to hear that many of the domains remain unpaid....... especially the more expensive ones.
NOW, It seems like the SEDO auction didn't go as smoothly as expected. Were there any technical issues or obstacles preventing the transactions? Sometimes these situations can be a bit unpredictable.

My sympathies too.
Hi, nope no technical issues. Theyre waiting for buyers to pay and they haven't. Sedo says they've "reached our several times" :/

Makes me not want to transfer the undervalued domains over. If sedo won't do anything about buyers not paying, why should I transfer a $109 LLLL which I feel was a steal of a deal :/

•••
Makes me not want to transfer the undervalued domains over. If sedo won't do anything about buyers not paying, why should I transfer a $109 LLLL which I feel was a steal of a deal :/

Just imagine the situation............buyers who have made payments may rightfully question why they haven't received the domains they purchased. In response, SEDO contacts you for the domain transfer. However, you're also dealing with ongoing issues, such as other buyers not paying for different (expensive) domains. So, I would call it "dilemma for SEDO" because this situation actually can create a dilemma for SEDO.

Now, the question arises$$$$$$ if you do not transfer your domain to the ones who have already paid, then who will be the real sinner? It's a complex situation where all parties involved are affected. You, SEDO, and other genuine participants are facing difficulties due to those who won the auction but are not fulfilling their payment obligations.

I don't mean to provoke any thoughts, but the ultimate aim is to find a resolution.

Let's hope for the best! :$:

•••
Just imagine the situation............buyers who have made payments may rightfully question why they haven't received the domains they purchased. In response, SEDO contacts you for the domain transfer. However, you're also dealing with ongoing issues, such as other buyers not paying for different (expensive) domains. So, I would call it "dilemma for SEDO" because this situation actually can create a dilemma for SEDO.

Now, the question arises$$$$$$ if you do not transfer your domain to the ones who have already paid, then who will be the real sinner? It's a complex situation where all parties involved are affected. You, SEDO, and other genuine participants are facing difficulties due to those who won the auction but are not fulfilling their payment obligations.

I don't mean to provoke any thoughts, but the ultimate aim is to find a resolution.

Let's hope for the best! :$:
no, I totally understand what you're saying. For me, its more of saying how I feel. I've already transferred the sold ones over. Just really frustrating. $222 was the highest paid domain thus far.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back