NameSilo

discuss What do you decide?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DuDD

Top Member
Impact
Hello every one
What factors do you consider when choosing a registrar? The price? Security?

Under what circumstances would you consider changing registrar?

Let`s discuss`
Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When your name expires, will you renew or change registrar?

•••
•••
•••
  • Hahaha, can you share your reasons?

Well, IMO, Dynadot just checks all the boxes for me. Competitive pricing, Good communication, Good support, Good Features, 2FA etc, Easy to use, Good GUI , etc..

Everything just "works". No need to contact support, ever, except maybe in extreme situations. Even then they deal with inquiries immediately via online chat.

•••
Hello every one
What factors do you consider when choosing a registrar? The price? Security?

Under what circumstances would you consider changing registrar?

Let`s discuss`
Thanks in advance

The factors I consider are

Prices
How Domainer Friendly They Are
Good Customer Service (or not)

•••
Well, IMO, Dynadot just checks all the boxes for me. Competitive pricing, Good communication, Good support, Good Features, 2FA etc, Easy to use, Good GUI , etc..

Everything just "works". No need to contact support, ever, except maybe in extreme situations. Even then they deal with inquiries immediately via online chat.

wow
thanks for your sharing

•••
The factors I consider are

Prices
How Domainer Friendly They Are
Good Customer Service (or not)

yeah
Price matters

•••
I have been forced to move more than once. Registrars have ben discredited from icann. I have reasons for where why every name is located. Domainer friendly is a big part but might add the more secure the longer you wait. Some people here will chuck a narnar after 2 hours so have no where to recommend.

Last edited:
•••
I've got a pretty sound relationship with a number of registrars. If I was to pick a couple, in terms of my personal experience: Dynadot and Namecheap

Security, reputation, user-friendly, decent support ...price. Overall, I'm happy

•••

Why not namecheap?

•••

Like a well oiled machine

•••

I second this. The best Registrar on the planet IMHO :) Any domains I have at other registrars are only temporary until their transfer lock is lifted.

Last edited:
•••
I have been forced to move more than once. Registrars have ben discredited from icann. I have reasons for where why every name is located. Domainer friendly is a big part but might add the more secure the longer you wait. Some people here will chuck a narnar after 2 hours so have no where to recommend.

thanks
thanks very much
Each registrar has its own characteristics

•••
I've got a pretty sound relationship with a number of registrars. If I was to pick a couple, in terms of my personal experience: Dynadot and Namecheap

Security, reputation, user-friendly, decent support ...price. Overall, I'm happy

cool

•••
•••
Price - It has to at least be competitive.

Security - With a large portfolio this is very important.

Support - I want to be able to get a hold of someone that can actually deal with an issue when it comes up.

Also, as someone who deals almost exclusively with sales to end users, I prefer a registrar with the largest market share. It makes transfers easier as the buyer usually has an account there.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Price - It has to at least be competitive.

Security - With a large portfolio this is very important.

Support - I want to be able to get a hold of someone that can actually deal with an issue when it comes up.

Also, as someone who deals almost exclusively with sales to end users, I prefer a registrar with the largest market share. It makes transfers easier as the buyer usually has an account there.

Brad

absolutely agree
End user transaction security is the most important, in addition to security, there should be a degree of confidentiality

•••
1. Price
2. Which extensions are offered
3. Partners

•••
•••
Please don't LOL, I choose godaddy Because it's cheap and very convenient

•••
Please don't LOL, I choose godaddy Because it's cheap and very convenient
There will be no mockery here, we just exchange everything about domain names :xf.grin:
thanks for your sharing
There are a lot of platforms will not regularly engage in preferential activities, also can pay attention to

•••
I keep all my names that I shouldn't renew but cant help myself at Netsol. I am hoping someone steals them so I can move on from those bad names.

•••
I keep all my names that I shouldn't renew but cant help myself at Netsol. I am hoping someone steals them so I can move on from those bad names.
:xf.cry:

•••
Started with Godaddy. Got almost all my domains there because I sold several domains directly through the GD marketplace.
But since Dynadot is a lot cheaper and also connects to the Afternic marketplace, I might move future domains there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back