Dynadot

What would this be worth a month OPINIONS?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

247newsnet

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I was wondering what you all might think this package might be worth

Someone has a group of domain names that are decent, they want to use them for a package to sell services, basically set up a newbie as a hosting / email service

The names are attractive enough that many people in a large niche group would definitely want to sue the names for say FREE email services

So there concept is this, provide the name in a package to an end user that wants to run a large email hosting portal

They give the person a 10 year lease with 10 year options

The person gets a brand new server on a fast network and up to 800 gig a month of bandwidth (email portals can suck up BW)

They also provide the end user with a nicely designed 20 page hosting / email portal web site that is ready to go

Basically the end user just has to list it with search engines and maybe do a little promotion in that niche

The question is, what should they price that type of package at a month

They don't really want to assign a big value to the domain, but it is very strong and many in the niche will want to use it, especially if they offer FREE email

Potential revenue to the end user is this

1. some email users will not want web based hotmail type free email, so they will pay a small fee for pop3

2. some may want to have web pages using the domain, so sub domain hosting will be another stream

3. the person has a new server and can offer virtual hosting to anyone in the world, so that is another revenue stream

4. such sites do well offering domain or web services so they say the end user needs to set up a reseller account to do discount domain registrations

5. web design and logo services go well with such a site that is designed to do well on search engines for these types of services

6. they say the site should have a chat and forum dedicated to the name of the web site which is indeed a major niche topic that should attract many people to chat and forums for that niche topic

7. they say since the site is niche targeted, the site can eventually sell targeted ads to companies interested in advertising to that niche

Anyway, the business model looks strong, but it is not for a global email service like say hotmail

It's for a very strong and real niche market that their name is perfect for

That all being said, what do you think a person will be willing to spend a month to have their own server for a hosting email portal?

Remember, the name is included and they provide a turnkey web site

The site is brand new, so it has yet to be marketed, but the niche it serves is so strong, that even just search engine traffic will make the site busy

I've never seen a complete large package like it, since servers are usually sold as either bare bones with little support or high end with lots of support

Just the server retails for 150 per month to 500 or more

It's similar to the 99 buck servers you see around, but when you realize you have to have an unlimited license to really do large scale hosting, that usually bumps the package to 150 or 200

But some companies charge a lot more

Anyway, that's the package and I was wondering if anyone could take a stab at a number

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Find out what?

I'm asking the Dom folks here what they think a simple server package is worth, a server and a lot of band width, on a monthly basis.

The server happens to come with a fully developed web site for hosting and email

The deal also contains a solid domain name that many will want to use if free email is offered by the operator

So, some one should be able to say

A server from a discount server farm with y amount of bandwidth with an unlimited user license is worth X (150 from what I hear)

The same package goes for up to Z by companies that don't offer cheapie deals

A 20 page web site with a decent name that people could want to use for say FREE EMAIL is the kicker

Anyway, I was looking to see what some here think it is worth with no major consideration for the domain name

Next week I can give examples of the names when the site officially launches

They have around 200 strong niche market domain names

The names are all connected to a major thing

Almost everyone is connected to something the domains target

So many of you would probably say, heck yeah I'll take a FREE email address at that name

The names are strong

Almost anyone would agree, that the ROOT names they have area all MILLION DOLLAR NAMES

So you have a small group of very valuable root domains that are worth fortunes

They've taken these names and registered them all in .com .net and .US

Using a prefix

So you get the ROOT NAME with an i or e or an 1

If you had the ROOT NAME you would be here saying it's up for sale at 1M and maybe 3 to 5M for a few of them

Anyway, it's a major story next week, when the main site making the offer launches, until then my hands are tied, I've said enough

•••
Good Luck with your venture, 247newsnet. :D

•••
Sorry dont get bitchy @ me

•••
Are you selling domain names with the site and hosting included? To determine how much it is worth I would have the names appraised separately. Frankly, anyone can get their own dedicated server these days for about $100 a month give or take. A developed website adds value to the package depending on how good it is and the traffic it draws. But without knowing what the names are, and what the website is, it is hard for anyone to determine the value.
Good luck with your sale. Let us know what the names are when it goes through.

•••
Actually I've been told that the wraps is coming off the story.

A featured ad for the domains will be hitting eBay tonight.

The domain names are all the state names and all the state abbreviations in the .US TLD

No one can reg the two letter state abbreviation nor the actual state names (state names are technically reg'd to the states and there are no allowed 2 char. dom's in the .US tld)

Anyway, the site with the offer is www.StateDomains.us

They have almost ever state abbreviation and state name with a one (1) in front of it.

Since no one can operate the true state abbrev. or state names in the .US tld, these look might good for a state targeted email and hosting portal.

So, let's say someone wants to use 1CA.us or 1California.us for an email portal.

They give the person a nice server with large bandwidth, they have a 20 page cookie cutter site they designed to sell email and hosting services.

They tell the operators to set up chat and forums.

They tell the operators a little promotion in their state newspapers and local media will get a ton of state visitors.

The model is offer FREE email with a strong state domain name.

Sell premium email services POP3, etc

Sell sub domain hosting and virtual hosting

They set up the whole thing, they get the server a master host name so anyone can run a real hosting company

In the .US TLD all the state names are gone with 1, i and e

The 1 names are almost all owned by one company, so no one can come up with all of the e or i's and compete

Anyway, that's the deal, there's 100 potential root domains in the .US in play, the root dom's are not available, they have almost all the doms with a 1

So if you want to try to run a free email portal with a great state domain name you deal with them

Since they cornered the market on ownership of 1 State names and abbreviations they can charge whatever they want

Looks like it could be the first domain name franchise ever.

Anyway, they have an auction hitting eBay for 1CA.us or 1California.us

Starting bid 499.99

I know most here are just resellers of names, but their deal will be in major news media next week, they have 20K major media contacts to send their press release Monday about it

So the whole .US tld could get a shot in the arm when the main stream media starts reporting on a major .US move

Anyone would agree, a state domain name or abbreviation is perhaps the best use of the .US tld

If a few people start promoting these 1 State names and abbreviations the whole .US tld could benefit, also, anyone sitting on a large amount of 1 domains could benefit too

I'm doing a story about it, and wanted to include some comments from resellers

So that's the deal

Sorry I had to be a little secretive, but I was told Monday was the launch when the Press Release is scheduled for a roll out

Then today I was sent a memo, eBay is hitting tonight, so it's okay to break the news on our site

I'm the editor of one of the many news sites run by the same company, I have freedom to do any story I want, I was given inside info about this story for a Monday rollout, but that just changed since eBay is being used tonight at 9:00 PM EST to start making the offer

A bunch of the AIS email lists did a prelaunch and I hear some names are already gone

So that's the story

•••
•••
Originally posted by 247newsnet
Actually I've been told that the wraps is coming off the story.

A featured ad for the domains will be hitting eBay tonight.

The domain names are all the state names and all the state abbreviations in the .US TLD

No one can reg the two letter state abbreviation nor the actual state names (state names are technically reg'd to the states and there are no allowed 2 char. dom's in the .US tld)

Anyway, the site with the offer is www.StateDomains.us

They have almost ever state abbreviation and state name with a one (1) in front of it.

"Advertising Forum" (for future reference):
http://www.namepros.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=15

Appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back