IT.COM

Where to transfer domains to for selling? (Namecheap, GoDaddy?)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

justin1287

Impact
I have a bunch of domains that I plan to sell some day soon. Many are getting ready to be auto renewed. I would not like to pay $20 to renew each one, but looks like I can transfer them or $10-15. Should I transfer them to godaddy or namecheap? Should I do something else? I'm looking for an easy route cause I don't have the time to learn the ins and outs of selling domains at this time.

Any suggestions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dynadot $9.88 transfers with code NEWHOME24

•••
•••
•••
Can you list them for sale like on godaddy?
You can still list your domains on GoDaddy, Sedo, Dan, etc no matter who they are registered with.

•••
Yes, I agree that you shouldn't overpay for the domain renewals. So I suggest that you transfer your domains to another registrar with good transfer prices and lower renewal costs like Spaceship or Dynadot (that have good prices but are great registrars too) and then you can still promote them in good markets like Sedo and Afternic.

This would be the best option to maintain your domains with a lower renewal cost while they are being well promoted and possibly sold.

•••
Dynadot $9.88 transfers with code NEWHOME24
Sorry for being Naive , But Does this Transfer Cost include 1 year Registration , Or Just Transfer is $9.88 and $8 with Coupon For registration at Dynadot

•••
Everyone has their preference of which marketplace they like to list/sell on.

I prefer to hold my domains on Namecheap or Dynadot while listing them on dan.com if I wish to sell.

Godaddy has a good marketplace but the renewal costs are way too expensive.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back