Dynadot

question Which domain registrar supports 3D secure payments like verified by Visa or mastercard securecode

Spaceship
Watch

Wali Dahot

Top Member
Impact
which domain registrar supports 3D secure payments like verified by Visa or mastercard securecode? 3D secure is implemented in all debit and credit cards here at my country and now I cant purchase or Renew domains. I tried epik, Godaddy, dynadot, namesilo, namecheap but I cant make a payment 🤔

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is strange. You should be able to purchase online if the seller does not support verified by Visa or mastercard securecode. I have a card with this feature - and it works in both scenarios. What may be happening is that your bank opted to reject purchases without extra 3D verification, which thing they should be able to allow for your card if you explicitly ask them.

I actually have an opposite problem. If I use another card (without 3D secure) - then some merchants refuse to process it. European merchants most notably.

By some reason, 3D secure is much more popular in EU... I did not yet see any North America based online merchant supporting it. Which is confirmed by your list of registrars you tried...

If this particular card is a must, and if you cannot use any other card - then trying EU based registrars ( https://www.internic.net/origin.html ) may help.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back