NameSilo

question Why does Sedo have a Max of $10,000 limit for DN auctions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hi,
me again. from check out Dnjournal from time to time. I noticed that SEDO had large sales some over $100,000. I was curious because I landed on the "start your own auction page" it said:

• Set a price between $100 and $10,000 and
what's this all about? How are SEDO sales reaching over $100,000 when this page clearly states that the max amount you can list a domain for is $10,000?

am I missing something here?

I have a feeling these big SEDO sales are happening in the Premium Listing which I would need to pay for?

any help is very much appreciated thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Listing prices may not exceed 10000 USD unless appraised at an amount over 10000 USD. Please use the free price suggestion tool or order an Appraisal."

•••
Or those domains are set at make offer.

•••
maybe its a way to get the sheep to buy appraisals from them? Remember, for every one person that has a domain worth over 10k there are 10,000 that THINK their domain is worth 10k, this can add up to lots of appraisal sales.

Or maybe if you simply email requesting an increase they will?

•••
•••
maybe its a way to get the sheep to buy appraisals from them? Remember, for every one person that has a domain worth over 10k there are 10,000 that THINK their domain is worth 10k, this can add up to lots of appraisal sales.

Or maybe if you simply email requesting an increase they will?

I thought that too. but it's the weekend now and I'd rather speak to someone live via live chat. I'll have to wait till Monday.

here's my "theory" I guess you can call it that

If I leave my domain as a Make offer. and I accept an offer above $100 this can automatically take that domain to the SEDO auction.

I am assuming that once THERE. if the bids go past $10,000 then they will allow it to go as high as it will go even $100,000.

but if you want to set a BIN price I'm guessing SEDO wants to limit any crazy pricing by SEDO users who just want to price their domains ridiculously for "the hell of it".

and of course I also believe it's just a way for Sedo to make money $$$$. I'd do that same thing too.

Can anyone confirm this "theory" of mines? that AT AUCTION domains listed on SEDO and go to auction can go "sky is the limit"? or what?

Thanks in advance for your input.

•••
I thought that too. but it's the weekend now and I'd rather speak to someone live via live chat. I'll have to wait till Monday.

here's my "theory" I guess you can call it that

If I leave my domain as a Make offer. and I accept an offer above $100 this can automatically take that domain to the SEDO auction.

I am assuming that once THERE. if the bids go past $10,000 then they will allow it to go as high as it will go even $100,000.

but if you want to set a BIN price I'm guessing SEDO wants to limit any crazy pricing by SEDO users who just want to price their domains ridiculously for "the hell of it".

and of course I also believe it's just a way for Sedo to make money $$$$. I'd do that same thing too.

Can anyone confirm this "theory" of mines? that AT AUCTION domains listed on SEDO and go to auction can go "sky is the limit"? or what?

Thanks in advance for your input.
I'd agree that it's mainly to keep their listings from being spammed. Sure they charge you for an appraisal, but you're receiving an expert opinion and a professional sales medium in return.

•••
I believe you can either get it appraised, set it to Make Offer, or have it be good enough for their system to determine it's "premium" and worth more than $10k. If you don't mind taking slightly more than that you could just change the currency from USD to GBP/EUR and the conversion rate would make it a little higher.

•••
I believe you can either get it appraised, set it to Make Offer, or have it be good enough for their system to determine it's "premium" and worth more than $10k. If you don't mind taking slightly more than that you could just change the currency from USD to GBP/EUR and the conversion rate would make it a little higher.

Great tip!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back