Dynadot

Why my domains on Dan do not have traffic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Akbar

Established Member
Impact
I have quite a few domains at Dan and I don't understand why my domains have less traffic like only 200 - 300 views per month.

Is there a way to improve your views?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have quite a few domains at Dan and I don't understand why my domains have less traffic like only 200 - 300 views per month

99% of your traffic is probably bots, search engines and garbage/scrapers from AWS and Google Cloud, which if Dan filters out results in stats that are lower than reported elsewhere, or your own server logs. What matters isn't (just) quantity but quality.

Get names that more people are more interested in. :xf.wink:

•••
I have quite a few domains at Dan and I don't understand why my domains have less traffic like only 200 - 300 views per month.

1. Ask your favourite search engine
  2. Search for relevant threads on Namepros (thanks @Silentptnr)
  3. Sell better domain names (thanks @Kate best advice of 2021)
  4. List your domains on Afternic
  5. Post your best domains in chat thread
  6. List best domains in your signature (paid account)
  7. Start a domain auction
  8. Optimise your for sale pages
  9. Optimise your marketplace listings
  10. Create a domain portfolio website
  11. Share your domains on social networking websites
  12. E-mail relevant people (outbound marketing)
  13. Start an e-bay auction
  14. Contact a broker (premiums only)
  15. Add domain links in your e-mail sig
  16. Ask for domain name appraisal
  17. Pay for enhanced listings on Namepros
  18. Pay for enhanced listings on DAN
  19. Run periodic special offers (bulk discount)
  20. Take a scientific interest in successful domainers
Please report back how many of these 20 ideas you actually tried and which ones were the most successful. That way we can all learn and improve.

Last edited:
•••
99% of your traffic is probably bots, search engines and garbage/scrapers from AWS and Google Cloud, which if Dan filters out results in stats that are lower than reported elsewhere, or your own server logs. What matters isn't (just) quantity but quality.

Get names that more people are more interested in. :xf.wink:
yup :xf.smile:

•••
  1. Ask your favourite search engine
  2. Search for relevant threads on Namepros (thanks @Silentptnr)
  3. Sell better domain names (thanks @Kate best advice of 2021)
  4. List your domains on Afternic
  5. Post your best domains in chat thread
  6. List best domains in your signature (paid account)
  7. Start a domain auction
  8. Optimise your for sale pages
  9. Optimise your marketplace listings
  10. Create a domain portfolio website
  11. Share your domains on social networking websites
  12. E-mail relevant people (outbound marketing)
  13. Start an e-bay auction
  14. Contact a broker (premiums only)
  15. Add domain links in your e-mail sig
  16. Ask for domain name appraisal
  17. Pay for enhanced listings on Namepros
  18. Pay for enhanced listings on DAN
  19. Run periodic special offers (bulk discount)
  20. Take a scientific interest in successful domainers
Please report back how many of these 20 ideas you actually tried and which ones were the most successful. That way we can all learn and improve.

Thanks for sharing.

I'll go through these steps and see how it goes.

About 8th - I don't see many options with Dan for optimization?

About 12th - Should I send emails to website contact forms?

•••
Thanks for sharing.

I'll go through these steps and see how it goes.

About 8th - I don't see many options with Dan for optimization?

About 12th - Should I send emails to website contact forms?
DAN website doesn't give much guidance about getting extra traffic. Blog is rarely updated. No You Tube channel. Does have active Twitter thing. Follow that. E-mail is a generally good way to get noticed. Have you tried to contact DAN support directly with your questions?

•••
DAN website doesn't give much guidance about getting extra traffic. Blog is rarely updated. No You Tube channel. Does have active Twitter thing. Follow that. E-mail is a generally good way to get noticed. Have you tried to contact DAN support directly with your questions?
I have not contacted Dan about my questions, I don't know if they can do something on this.. but I'll ask them if there's anything that can improve the views count....

About the email outbound, should I post it on website contact forms or try to send it to CEO or some highly designated people via Twitter or so?

•••
I have not contacted Dan about my questions, I don't know if they can do something on this.. but I'll ask them if there's anything that can improve the views count....

About the email outbound, should I post it on website contact forms or try to send it to CEO or some highly designated people via Twitter or so?
Now you are asking specifically about outbound sales. Namepros search is your friend https://www.namepros.com/search/. Everything you need is there. If you want to ask questions specifically about outbound it would be better to post on an outbound thread. @rohitgoyal started a very popular one https://www.namepros.com/threads/outbound-process-for-beginners.1101291/. Cheers.

•••
Now you are asking specifically about outbound sales. Namepros search is your friend https://www.namepros.com/search/. Everything you need is there. If you want to ask questions specifically about outbound it would be better to post on an outbound thread. @rohitgoyal started a very popular one https://www.namepros.com/threads/outbound-process-for-beginners.1101291/. Cheers.

No, I'll learn about the outbound thing later.. I just got distracted :ROFL: and looks like it's more time consuming..., I want to know how one can increase their traffic... I'll see what Dan has to say on this...

I'll start working on the 20 ideas you shared

•••
traffic has no relation to sales

•••
Hmm.... There are two sections in Dan one as "Popular Domains" & another as "Premium Domains" and I noticed the domains which are displayed at top results are mostly due to the high traffic they receive....

•••
Hmm.... There are two sections in Dan one as "Popular Domains" & another as "Premium Domains" and I noticed the domains which are displayed at top results are mostly due to the high traffic they receive....
Which doesn’t mean they will sell tomorrow or next year or next decade. I agree that traffic means nothing as far as pending sales.

•••
Get names that more people are more interested in
Hi

basically, i agree
but who can say without knowing what names you actually have?

also, are you using ppc pages at dan or plain sales landers?

imo...

•••
Hi

basically, i agree
but who can say without knowing what names you actually have?

also, are you using ppc pages at dan or plain sales landers?

imo...
I am using only plain landers.

•••
I am using only plain landers.
Hi

i suggest you switch to ppc landers. (you'll need a bodis.com account to enable it)
this way you may get a few clicks and possibly earn some $ from the traffic you're receiving.
though all that depends on the specific names you have.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
Hi

i suggest you switch to ppc landers. (you'll need a bodis.com account to enable it)
this way you may get a few clicks and possibly earn some $ from the traffic you're receiving.
though all that depends on the specific names you have.

imo...
Okay, I don't have bodis account and I'll test this.. thanks

•••
Pay for enhanced listings on DAN
Do Dan have a system, like some other platforms, that you pay to get enhanced promotion?

It seems to me that consistently Dan have way less traffic than Sedo on names I move from one to the other. I presume that is partly better blocking of bots at Dan (a good thing), but probably also still true that Sedo gets more market traffic than Dan maybe.

Optimise your for sale pages
Has anyone done an experiment now that various choices in lander style convert better?
Do they load with equal speed? (and if some lower speed, would that influence traffic probably)

I tend to agree with Frank that it is at least very little connection. The names that get the most traffic on Dan for me never seem to get offers, and while I have not had many sales on platform, names that have sold sometimes had literally 1 or 2 visits per month, and no previous offers.

Traffic is one metric of interest, but we should not over-rate it, in my opinion.

Thanks for the various suggestions.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I prefer get 1 visitor for 1 names and that 1 visitor go to click BIN than thousand bot / spam traffic with no sales.

We can use cloudflare to block all worthless / spam traffic by setting a certain firewall rules, its important when you want to know whether the traffic is human or from automated bot .

But its not recommend when you manage thousand domains, cause you should set manually.

•••
I suggest you make strong your content and do SEO effectively. You can also use the best SEO services to increase your website traffic.

•••
Who cares post slightest bit of content hosted on a domain and it will exceed ANY parked name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back