IT.COM

new gtlds .XYZ set to be TOP extension in 2 years time! OFFICIAL Countdown and celebration thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This may be news to some people, but I have been lovingly informed many times that .XYZ is going to overtake .COM as the top extension online within 2 years. Here is but a few:

xyz will be the first choice next 1 -2 years
I'll bet you right here on this date that XYZ will grow bigger than .com in the next two years, and then you, my friend, will have nothing but regret.

Well, I know that most people on here won't want to miss the boat on this one, so this thread can serve as a tracker for .XYZ's great rise to greatness and hegemony 🏆!

People said that when .top was the number 1 new GTLD in terms of registration count for a few months at least, that it meant it was going to be the top one overall, but unfortunately that didn't happen, >>all of the signs were there<<, but now LITERALLY ALL of the signs are there for XYZ and we're going to make sure it's on track. This thread is going to serve as undisputable proof of such signs to show that it's on track to being #1.

.XYZ has a chance because it's three seldom used letters at the end of a domain instead of a word like .TOP (or worse, the sickening and wholly useless .COM 🤢, for which it is now impossible to find a good domain) and domainers are saying it is so more often this time than with .top and they are more invested this time than ever before, so it must be true and who am I to say otherwise?

So this is it people... by posting this thread I am starting the:

2 YEAR OFFICIAL COUNTDOWN 🔢 TO XYZ's METIORIC RISE TO THE TOP 💥.

Post rules:
I would appreciate it if you could keep all posts in this thread to factual and numeric updates on the meteoric rise of .XYZ so that it can be understood by all. It is not a debate thread, nor is it to discuss whether or not this is going to happen, that is cut and dried now - it's happening, I have been told too many times. 2 years and it's done, we can put it to bed, I'll have egg on my face but we can all get on with our lives and make a killing as we've all been warned now.

NO thanks ❌
- Debates
- Slating .XYZ
- Lies

YES please ✅
- The number of days counting down to 24th August 2024
- Cold hard figures from reputable source(s) that compare .XYZ to .COM to show the progress of the inevitable and METIORIC RISE of .XYZ. Including but not limited to counts of: total registrations, developed domains, parked domains, registrations per day, sales figures and likelihood of reaching goal
- Include sources
- Whether it is on track to being the TOP extension or not given the figures

NB: The examples given are for representative purposes only, please don't goad them, this post isn't intended to target them, it's not that serious.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
.XYZ is only like 160 million regs behind .COM.

.COM is adding more net registrations than .XYZ, so the lead is only growing.

.XYZ has a place, but thinking it is going to overtake .COM is silly.

Bradgive it time ..... , XYZ is a only few years with us and look at the impact!!!! the next years will be much more reg.....

•••
XYZ is a only few years with us and look at the impact!!!! the next years will be much more reg.....

.XYZ launched in 2014. It entered general availability on June 2nd, 2014.

It will be 9 years old in a few days.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
... i'm the owner of the biggest web3 domain in the world !

A good way to start is to identify (due diligence) a niche / sector that interests /attract mindsets / xyz domain extension users.

Data & numbers are your friends. + in order to understand & sell dot xyz, you have to connect & communicate with "them" - the xyz gen - vs sitting and waiting for ...

My quick DD/research reveals expected (current) truth about the CITY dot xyz. Spotted - Paris dot xyz redirect to Alter.com TM search engine.

For sale (hard cheese):

Washington .xyz
Madrid.xyz
NewYork.xyz
Dallas.xyz
Abudhabi.xyz
London.xyz
etc

Wish you all best!

Regards

Last edited:
•••
A good way to start is to identify (due diligence) a niche / sector that interests /attract mindsets / xyz domain extension users.

Data & numbers are your friends. + in order to understand & sell dot xyz, you have to connect & communicate with "them" - the xyz gen - vs sitting and waiting for ...

My quick DD/research reveals expected (current) truth about the CITY dot xyz. Spotted - Paris dot xyz redirect to Alter.com TM search engine.

For sale (hard cheese):

Washington .xyz
Madrid.xyz
NewYork.xyz
Dallas.xyz
Abudhabi.xyz
London.xyz
etc

Wish you all best!

Regards
Trust me I know exactly how much+and why ETC....
I'm just stating facts that I own the strongest domain in the world

•••
xyz disc. will go forth and back until infinity....

:xf.laugh:

•••
I just want to say,
that on one hand some .xyz domains are being traded for 5k-40k, sometimes more,

and on the other a huge number of .xyz is about to drop... (each day).

Once in a lifetime situation for a domainer (?)

•••
I just want to say,
that on one hand some .xyz domains are being traded for 5k-40k, sometimes more,

and on the other a huge number of .xyz is about to drop... (each day).

Once in a lifetime situation for a domainer (?)
"some" .xyz domains are being traded for 5k-40k, sometimes more.......don't you mean "almost none":unsure:

•••
Well, good for you. You're the king.
I only own the weakest domains (in the whole universe).

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Hi zion,

did you already sell your domain dubai.xyz for $101,000,000?!

;)

•••
•••
Hi zion,

;)
You laugh, but you know that name is going for big money sooner or later.

•••
As good as Dubai.xyz is, Swetha and Nikul (Crypto .xyz is his I believe) have stuff of a similar/higher calibre.

•••
Hi zion,

;)
I do not laugh...

He is able to sell that domain for a very good price.

But, something like that (101m) is of course totally unrealistic - at all.

he would be better advised, to put the domain on sale for a far more realistic price.

(as I heard, he might have had an inquriy of $1 mio.! I would have sold definitely.)

•••
.XYZ launched in 2014. It entered general availability on June 2nd, 2014.

It will be 9 years old in a few days.

Brad
well there you go!

From Dynadot's new outlook

Happy 9th birthday to .XYZ! Celebrate their anniversary with us and register your new .XYZ domains for only $1.99!

1.png

•••
I hope to sell one XYZ before I die.

•••
•••
•••
So, only one more year for .xyz to be #1? Weird, I don't remember going to a single .xyz website all these years.

•••
So, only one more year for .xyz to be #1? Weird, I don't remember going to a single .xyz website all these years.
A guy in a bar told me he saw one once but he was pretty tipsy, I think he was just running his mouth tbh.

•••
•••
I do not laugh...

He is able to sell that domain for a very good price.

But, something like that (101m) is of course totally unrealistic - at all.

he would be better advised, to put the domain on sale for a far more realistic price.

(as I heard, he might have had an inquriy of $1 mio.! I would have sold definitely.)
Don't be afraid of the price
Appreciate the vision
I sell a legend, I don't sell a domain

Surely those who want to pay 10 or 30 or a hundred know exactly what to offer

The thing is that I know what it's worth so everything is open and I'm available to serious people

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back