IT.COM

new gtlds .XYZ set to be TOP extension in 2 years time! OFFICIAL Countdown and celebration thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This may be news to some people, but I have been lovingly informed many times that .XYZ is going to overtake .COM as the top extension online within 2 years. Here is but a few:

xyz will be the first choice next 1 -2 years
I'll bet you right here on this date that XYZ will grow bigger than .com in the next two years, and then you, my friend, will have nothing but regret.

Well, I know that most people on here won't want to miss the boat on this one, so this thread can serve as a tracker for .XYZ's great rise to greatness and hegemony 🏆!

People said that when .top was the number 1 new GTLD in terms of registration count for a few months at least, that it meant it was going to be the top one overall, but unfortunately that didn't happen, >>all of the signs were there<<, but now LITERALLY ALL of the signs are there for XYZ and we're going to make sure it's on track. This thread is going to serve as undisputable proof of such signs to show that it's on track to being #1.

.XYZ has a chance because it's three seldom used letters at the end of a domain instead of a word like .TOP (or worse, the sickening and wholly useless .COM 🤢, for which it is now impossible to find a good domain) and domainers are saying it is so more often this time than with .top and they are more invested this time than ever before, so it must be true and who am I to say otherwise?

So this is it people... by posting this thread I am starting the:

2 YEAR OFFICIAL COUNTDOWN 🔢 TO XYZ's METIORIC RISE TO THE TOP 💥.

Post rules:
I would appreciate it if you could keep all posts in this thread to factual and numeric updates on the meteoric rise of .XYZ so that it can be understood by all. It is not a debate thread, nor is it to discuss whether or not this is going to happen, that is cut and dried now - it's happening, I have been told too many times. 2 years and it's done, we can put it to bed, I'll have egg on my face but we can all get on with our lives and make a killing as we've all been warned now.

NO thanks ❌
- Debates
- Slating .XYZ
- Lies

YES please ✅
- The number of days counting down to 24th August 2024
- Cold hard figures from reputable source(s) that compare .XYZ to .COM to show the progress of the inevitable and METIORIC RISE of .XYZ. Including but not limited to counts of: total registrations, developed domains, parked domains, registrations per day, sales figures and likelihood of reaching goal
- Include sources
- Whether it is on track to being the TOP extension or not given the figures

NB: The examples given are for representative purposes only, please don't goad them, this post isn't intended to target them, it's not that serious.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
This may be news to some people, but I have been lovingly informed many times that .XYZ is going to overtake .COM as the top extension online within 2 years. Here is but a few:

Well, I know that most people on here won't want to miss the boat on this one, so this thread can serve as a tracker for .XYZ's great rise to greatness and hegemony 🏆!

People said that when .top was the number 1 new GTLD in terms of registration count for a few months at least, that it meant it was going to be the top one overall, but unfortunately that didn't happen, >>all of the signs were there<<, but now LITERALLY ALL of the signs are there for XYZ and we're going to make sure it's on track. This thread is going to serve as undisputable proof of such signs to show that it's on track to being #1.

.XYZ has a chance because it's three seldom used letters at the end of a domain instead of a word like .TOP (or worse, the sickening and wholly useless .COM 🤢, for which it is now impossible to find a good domain) and domainers are saying it is so more often this time than with .top and they are more invested this time than ever before, so it must be true and who am I to say otherwise?

So this is it people... by posting this thread I am starting the:

2 YEAR OFFICIAL COUNTDOWN 🔢 TO XYZ's METIORIC RISE TO THE TOP 💥.

NB: The examples given are for representative purposes only, please don't goad them, this post isn't intended to target them, it's not that serious.
i still think it's the most powerful extension XYZ !!!!

•••
•••
Owner of the biggest ego in the world too
Congrats.
Is xyz numbers growing even though the smart money was looking for the bulk delete button previously

•••
Owner of the biggest ego in the world too
Congrats.
Is xyz numbers growing even though the smart money was looking for the bulk delete button previously
Patience and vision is the key for those who see themselves at the top

•••
Patience and vision is the key for those who see themselves at the top
'I own the strongest domain...' and similar blah blah is hardly a vision.

Good luck, though.

•••
blah blah???
we will see...who is the blah blah ......
soon.....

•••
I mean clearly it is relatively popular with Web3 projects. We will see how that ages over time.

Is it sustainable, or just the latest flavor or the month like .co?

Will the small percent of Web3 projects that turn into successful companies eventually just upgrade to .COM when they have the money? Probably, as we have seen in other secondary extensions.

Some of the well known uses for .XYZ are not that exciting like Alphabet.xyz and Block.xyz. They are basically just investor relation sites. Let me know when Alphabet stops using Google.com and Block stops using Square.com.

Brad
Or the fact you go to Google.xyz and you get nothing.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
.xyz is good, but its cost for two-character and three-character domains is too high.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Yeah, no.

With the prohibitive premium x,xxx renewals and xxx renewals, xyz will probably phase out.

•••
I doubt XYZ will be top even AI will fade, in my opinion COM is the most affordable and sustainable TLD in the world!

•••
•••
Days remaining:
283 days to go! 🥂🎉

Total .XYZ registrations: 3,266,699
Total .COM registrations: 158,587,005 (source https://research.domaintools.com/statistics/tld-counts/)

Percentage to goal of total hegemony: 2.0598%

Outlook to success: tanking rapidly
Raise...and raise....and raise
XYZ Power!!!!

$4 million: Crypto wallet platform Narval.xyz

$20 million: On-chain music platform
Sound.xyz

$8 million: Web3 company Superblock.xyz

$18.5 million: Blockchain startup Cymbal.xyz

$3 million: Social learning app Learn.xyz

$11.8 million: Web3 security company Blowfish.xyz

$9 million: DeFi infrastructure provider Mav.xyz

$12 million: Web3 game company HyperPlay.xyz

$22 million: Blockchain solution Taiko.xyz

$15 million: Web3 solution Lens.xyz

$3.8 million: Payments company BoomFi.xyz

$2.5 million: Data storage system MindNetwork.xyz

$5 million: DeFi platform Architect.xyz

•••
They only chose those names because the COMs were taken. Any of those companies would rather have the COM than the much-inferior XYZ they chose because it was the only thing available. In 100% of cases, COM is preferred to XYZ, so what is the path for XYZ to dethrone COM?

•••
They only chose those names because the COMs were taken. Any of those companies would rather have the COM than the much-inferior XYZ they chose because it was the only thing available. In 100% of cases, COM is preferred to XYZ, so what is the path for XYZ to dethrone COM?
Suppose I agree with you for a moment, just suppose...

You understand that there is no other choice but xyz also according to your perception, therefore as time goes by the use of xyz will increase and increase and will be the next thing..

Note that you answered yourself that there is no other choice but only xyz is the solution

And I will add that there is a huge advantage gap for xyz

This year is definitely shaping up to be a huge turning point for xyz

Attachments

• 1699172970168.png
    1699172970168.png
    312 bytes · Views: 19
•••
Suppose I agree with you for a moment, just suppose...

You understand that there is no other choice but xyz also according to your perception, therefore as time goes by the use of xyz will increase and increase and will be the next thing..

Note that you answered yourself that there is no other choice but only xyz is the solution

And I will add that there is a huge advantage gap for xyz

This year is definitely shaping up to be a huge turning point for xyz
He never suggested that there weren't any other options, he just said that the .com wasn't an option.

You still have .net, .org, etc. all of which are still far more popular than .xyz.

•••
He never suggested that there weren't any other options, he just said that the .com wasn't an option.

You still have .net, .org, etc. all of which are still far more popular than .xyz.
XYZ is a walking legend!!!

•••
•••

Yeah, it has to become the second most popular extension before it can become the most popular one, and it is not even close to that.

.XYZ is in the pool with extensions like .IO and .CO. Recently, .AI has become the new hot flavor.

Again, .XYZ might have a role but it is certainly no .COM.

Brad

•••
This chart is from 6/9/2022 to today.

In that time the extension has lost around 1.5M+ registrations, or around 30%.

It's hard to challenge .COM when you are losing registrations that rapidly.

1699388764518.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back