NameSilo

Your Prediction for .Xyz

Spaceship
Watch

DANEYAL

Top Member
Impact
So should we renew the one words, and top keyword phrases we own, what is your Prediction about the Future of .Xyz.

They say it is the Next Dot Com, what is your take on this extension from Domain Names Investment Perspective.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.xyz has, if any, a future BUT you'll have to hang on to your domains for at least 10 years or so. Look at dotcoms, domainers had to wait 22 years to get rewarded.
Bottom line is: dotcoms would remain KING! e.g., In your cellphone, the only extension for texting is ".COM" button!
Cheers :)

Last edited:
•••
.xyz has, if any, a future BUT you'll have to hang on to your domains for at least 10 years or so. Look at dotcoms, domainers had to wait 22 years to get rewarded.
Bottom line is: dotcoms would remain KING! e.g., In your cellphone, the only extension for texting is ".COM"!
Cheers :)
:)

•••
10-20 years you wait to eat; you be malnourished:)

•••
Don't get carried on only one extension you can used for now.... The Globa does not built to sit around....

•••
I think you're right .xyz will do very well. It's right next to c on the keyboard..
I would publish the best and trash the rest. Also try whitelable service to get the best from them.
That will be my next move.
eg sensualgifts.xyz & quickflights.xyz :) When they appear on the mobile will be great news!
It seems to sound to me like a map/pin pointer too I can imagine this on mobiles definately.

•••
I think you're right .xyz will do very well. It's right next to c on the keyboard..
I would publish the best and trash the rest. Also try whitelable service to get the best from them.
That will be my next move.
eg sensualgifts.xyz & quickflights.xyz :) When they appear on the mobile will be great news!
It seems to sound to me like a map/pin pointer too I can imagine this on mobiles definately.
I like the extension; I think the one word unique SDN are best for this extension. XYZ are huge part of alphabet letters; the world are made of letters and numbers. Howerver, we used the alphabet more than the numbers... that's why Google wants to acquire the home of alphabet. They have the funds to buy every single letters; so therefore that's no problem to them. If you want it; then pay for it; that's all you have to do. ..

•••
Technolgy would not sit around and collect dust; they are smarter than us. Technically, tech has anology; this mean infinite improvements....

•••
No doubt I was studying Engineering.. 5 core modules Transport, Robotics/Health, Housing, Construction & Software/Innovation. Thats not exactly correct but close enough!

•••
Comparing to .com is long stretch but it would grow and on par with .net, .org, .info

•••
No doubt I was studying Engineering.. 5 core modules Transport, Robotics/Health, Housing, Construction & Software/Innovation. Thats not exactly correct but close enough!
Well, can you plz share your learning. I'm always want to hear and learn new things. Base on your command...used and understanding. About this, that, thatthis and thisthat... Share some on here :)

•••
Comparing to .com is long stretch but it would grow and on par with .net, .org, .info
I think that long stretch was 25 years ago. Now we have all kinds of new extension, I think the stretch is divided to x4. Maybe now a little over 5 years.

•••
Theres not that much to share. 1. Transport. Planes, boats and cars have their own journeys as they are heavy items water is used to carry metal as it always has been. 2. Robotic limbs etc have been invented to improve amputees and stroke patients and multi neurone diesease etc their quality of life, past few decades -my sister studied robotics, I did not. Housing is one of the greatest problems of the future. We will have very modern apartments that are all space saving. As you may notice already. And we will think its better. Any idea of space saving will catch on! Construction is important like bridges and the way they move is also important. I think that the use for construction engineers will also never run out. Lastly anything thats improved will be valued -something we already use every day. Cloud and future software technology... I wish I had taken that and the robotics course. I have tonnes of books still and it was fun to learn about the basics.

•••
I don't think the generation.domains will wait that long to harvest the fruits. 20years before you can see real cash? This has changed; the now generation is here...and probably this progress would not settle for less....

•••
Well with the amount of money the Chinese are pouring into xyz, I think it's unlikely that it will disappear in the next 5 years. Of course that doesn't automatically mean it will be a success but money is what keeps domains alive and if investors are willing to pay 100k+ for an xyz name, it certainly can't be bad for the extension.
To answer your question I would say renew only your very best xyz's for 5-10 years if you can. Keep the number small but of the highest quality.

•••
Theres not that much to share. 1. Transport. Planes, boats and cars have their own journeys as they are heavy items water is used to carry metal as it always has been. 2. Robotic limbs etc have been invented to improve amputees and stroke patients and multi neurone diesease etc their quality of life, past few decades -my sister studied robotics, I did not. Housing is one of the greatest problems of the future. We will have very modern apartments that are all space saving. As you may notice already. And we will think its better. Any idea of space saving will catch on! Construction is important like bridges and the way they move is also important. I think that the use for construction engineers will also never run out. Lastly anything thats improved will be valued -something we already use every day. Cloud and future software technology... I wish I had taken that and the robotics course. I have tonnes of books still and it was fun to learn about the basics.
So true...the world is getting old; and those bridges are too. So why some people are so negative about moving forward? Too many books to read; not enough time.

•••
Oh I just remembered speaking of bridges; that bridge in Saint Paul Minisota has collapsed... That was not strongly built...

•••
Well with the amount of money the Chinese are pouring into xyz, I think it's unlikely that it will disappear in the next 5 years. Of course that doesn't automatically mean it will be a success but money is what keeps domains alive and if investors are willing to pay 100k+ for an xyz name, it certainly can't be bad for the extension.
To answer your question I would say renew only your very best xyz's for 5-10 years if you can. Keep the number small but of the highest quality.
Yes, if you think your name is going to make money for infinite length of time, then you know what to do.

•••
Everytime you make progress is equal reward; and of course the exceptional progress is always get all the attention; this mean, exceptional reward.xyz :) it is taken and it's premium...

•••
When the hype is gone, it will be just another extension. Fads come and go in domaining too. Seen it before.

•••
Well, they have a lot of registrations but are currently fueled by the Asian market. I'm not sure English dictionary words will catch on but the domains are cheap to renew.

Personally, I hold on to my .xyz one-word English dictionary domains and still pick up some for under $100 on the aftermarket every now and then. Bought one on Sedo for $99 last week but the seller is not responding.

Thanks,
Brandon

•••
.xyz is an "Ugly" extension. It will fall to the wayside when interest is lost in it.

.xyz only has high reg numbers because it was cheap to reg them.

Stocks.xyz only sold for $1000 so anything of lesser quality isn't going to be going for much for a long time if ever. If you have something on par with "stocks" then yes keep it or sell it now or renew it.

sensualgifts.xyz drop that! It's not worth the renewal or reg fee IMO.

Google isn't using .xyz, just like almost all other extensions they own, they are just covering the bases.

.xyz makes no sense. What is the best keyword or phrase that works with it? ABC.xyz or something like that? Stocks.xyz doesn't even make sense with the extension. ABC.xyz is better than stocks.xyz because it's really the only domain that works at all with the extension!

Drop all the junk and maybe keep the keywords.
I can't think of 1 single domain I would want even if it was free, with the .xyz extension, let alone have to pay to renew it.

•••
I think of .xyz sort of like an encyclopedia. I prefer plural one-word English dictionary words over the singular version.

I have products.xyz but wouldn't go for product.xyz. I still hope my current buy on Sedo will go through. It's a good one!

Thanks,
Brandon

•••
This one is creating a decision nightmare for domain names investors, whether to keep the lot or not. Some of us may have hundreds of one words & keywords that were just $1 then, and when it comes to renewal it will definitely cause a lot of confusion for investors with small budgets.

•••
I think its ok to find 5 good ones you wouldnt mind holding for 3 years, the rest you drop according to how things pan out with the extension if they dont sell through outbound or cheap auction.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back