IT.COM

Your Prediction for .Xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DANEYAL

Top Member
Impact
So should we renew the one words, and top keyword phrases we own, what is your Prediction about the Future of .Xyz.

They say it is the Next Dot Com, what is your take on this extension from Domain Names Investment Perspective.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you've sold some for a profit, use that profit for renewals of the good stuff. If you haven't sold any .xyz and have been trying, then drop them.

Would you have registered them if they were $10 at the time of registration? If not, don't renew them.

•••
Well I see someone paid $170,000 for 9.xyz, 8.xyz sold for $82,000, 88.xyz sold for $70,000

I don't know where the market is headed, but those are reported sales from Chinese buyers, but numerics, and keywords are 2 different segments when it comes to Chinese buyers.

•••
When the hype is gone, it will be just another extension. Fads come and go in domaining too. Seen it before.

Please listen to Kate everyone and let me buy your LLL, NNN and short one word xyz domains at your reg fee. I'll gladly put you back in the black if you're worried about .xyz! :) ;)

•••
•••
•••
•••
Please listen to Kate everyone and let me buy your LLL, NNN and short one word xyz domains at your reg fee. I'll gladly put you back in the black if you're worried about .xyz! :) ;)
If you're making nice sales, don't stop.
I hope everyone makes a profit, but don't spend more than you can afford to lose. When speculating on dubious assets it is essential to limit the risks and have an exit plan.
There is nothing new going on here. The .mobi hype even lasted for 2 years and then the music stopped.

The never-ending flood of TLDs like .co .tel .xxx .asia .mobi .io .etc has achieved some access at distracting and squeezing money out of gullible domainers but in the end people always go back to the fundamentals.

•••
Given the large number of registrations and the interest among Chinese investors in XYZ, it appears XYZ will hold some domainer to domainer trading value for a few more years. Until you start seeing end users branding their businesses on XYZ in television ads, print advertising and billboards, investors should remain cautious.

250 x $1 initial registration is only $250
but
250 registrations x $10/year renewals x 6 years with no sales is $15,000 spent on domains which may end up getting dropped

In any TLD focus on quality keywords and be cautious about renewal costs in domain classes where you don't see sales volume to offset renewals.

•••
Save your money. Don't renew.

•••
•••
Save your money. Don't renew.

I've sold 7 .XYZ this year and I'm getting several offers a week (I have sold 1 .COM at the same period).

And I should not renew?! :D

•••
I've sold 7 .XYZ this year and I'm getting several offers a week (I have sold 1 .COM at the same period).

And I should not renew?! :D
Listen to Buddha, he's the power of.everthing :)

•••
Personally, I think that some people here are just pis*ed because they missed the train.

Don't worry, there will be other departures!

We who have bought ngTLDs have been ridiculed from the start, so I have no problem with being a little sarcastic at this point. ;)

•••
Personally, I think that some people here are just pis*ed because they missed the train.

Not a fast as the xyz train! :)

•••

It's just like saying your ignorance, is my gain :)

•••
Not a fast as the xyz train! :)

You can argue it all night long; xyz is part of alphabet family... And it will stay that way; weither you like it or.not :)

•••
You can argue it all night long; xyz is part of alphabet family... And it will stay that way; weither you like it or.not :)

Honestly I have no clue what that even means...

•••
Honestly I have no clue what that even means...
I went to china buffet today; and i think I ate lots of scrawfish...:)

•••

We who have bought ngTLDs have been ridiculed from the start, so I have no problem with being a little sarcastic at this point. ;)

Kohs I think most people voicing their opposition to ngltds are doing so from a professional point of view not personal. As they have been in the business for a long time, they could have invested in these ngtlds right from the beginning if they wanted but based on what has happened to a number of tlds that were touted as the next big things they are being skeptical about these ngtlds.
That said, you seem to have a strategy that seems to be paying so far so its quite understandable for you to keep doing what you are doing.

•••
The numbers of domainers who made money from xyz is very small compared to all those who took place in the game, or as said here got in the train.
Prediction is usually made for a larger mass.

•••
That said, you seem to have a strategy that seems to be paying so far so its quite understandable for you to keep doing what you are doing.

It would have worked (and is working) for anyone... Just compare with totally random versions of LLLL.coms (without vowels) that sell for 4-figures and they were not even worth reg-fee a few years ago. Who could have predict that in 2010? Probably no one.

Domaining nowadays is dynamic like never before. It's not "only" USA and Europe anymore, but espesially Asia is part (and somewhat leading) this dynamic development. .XYZ is popular in some Asian countries regardless of what "old school domainers" in the the west think about it. And just to make thinks clear, I am fully aware that some of these "old-schoolers" are making hundreds of times the profit that I do.

I am both "positive" and "sceptic" towards all these new domains, but facts are facts and saying that .XYZ is a total fail (with 2,5 mil registrations and these reported sales) is in my opinion ridiculous.

Last edited:
•••
Kohs I think most people voicing their opposition to ngltds are doing so from a professional point of view not personal.

I personally think it's a new day and there is really no so called professional within this industry in 2016. If you can point one out please let us all know whom that might be.. ;)

•••
The numbers of domainers who made money from xyz is very small compared to all those who took place in the game, or as said here got in the train.
Prediction is usually made for a larger mass.

EM it's so new I'm surprised you're dogging xyz. :rolleyes: I like it much better than .gy :)

•••
EM it's so new I'm surprised you're dogging xyz. :rolleyes: I like it much better than .gy :)
I'm new? Hmmm, I've been here 8 years before you.
I have never been interested in .xyz and I'm sure I will not. So don't worry, the xyz TLD is all yours!
Good for you, I like .gy much more than .xyz and .properties ;)

•••
.xyz grows up by itself.
Chinese and Western people began to buy reserved domains.
It is likely that auction of west.cn is affecting it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back