NameSilo

Your Prediction for .Xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DANEYAL

Top Member
Impact
So should we renew the one words, and top keyword phrases we own, what is your Prediction about the Future of .Xyz.

They say it is the Next Dot Com, what is your take on this extension from Domain Names Investment Perspective.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The numbers of domainers who made money from xyz is very small compared to all those who took place in the game, or as said here got in the train.
Prediction is usually made for a larger mass.

The thing is, a lot of people are registering 2 word keyword names in xyz and I think it's too early in the game for these types of domains to sell easily. Of course there are exceptions for truly special 2 word names but for the most part it's not going to be easy to sell those. Right now, the xyz names that are most likely to sell are short names like LLL, NNN, NNNN and common 1 word dictionary names.

•••
I got no offers on my premium .xyz domains. Listed all over some had BIN, nada. Huge deletions will come in 1-2 years.

•••
It would have worked (and is working) for anyone... Just compare with totally random versions of LLLL.coms (without vowels) that sell for 4-figures and they were not even worth reg-fee a few years ago. Who could have predict that in 2010? Probably no one.

Domaining nowadays is dynamic like never before. It's not "only" USA and Europe anymore, but espesially Asia is part (and somewhat leading) this dynamic development. .XYZ is popular in some Asian countries regardless of what "old school domainers" in the the west think about it. And just to make thinks clear, I am fully aware that some of these "old-schoolers" are making hundreds of times the profit that I do.

I am both "positive" and "sceptic" towards all these new domains, but facts are facts and saying that .XYZ is a total fail (with 2,5 mil registrations and these reported sales) is in my opinion ridiculous.

If something is clear its that it is a bit premature to declare xyz a fail. Lets see what happens say 3 years from now. But its not hard to see that most of these other ngtlds arent getting anywhere near the registration or sales that could make them viable.

•••
If something is clear its that it is a bit premature to declare xyz a fail. Lets see what happens say 3 years from now. But its not hard to see that most of these other ngtlds arent getting anywhere near the registration or sales that could make them viable.
All extension are more likely operates that way. You will never get a solid prediction. Back in 1993, there was only three extensions that was known. But it was never expected that such name will be worth than the purchased amount.

•••
I think we should give each nGTLDs a benefit of the doubt or give a chance. After five years of their birth, see the data how they are performing?
Now look at the nGTLDS like .ws or .mobi... How are these extensions are doing presently? I rest my case :)

•••
I think we should give each nGTLDs a benefit of the doubt or give a chance. After five years of their birth, see the data how they are performing?
Now look at the nGTLDS like .ws or .mobi... How are these extensions are doing presently? I rest my case :)
The routine will be just recycled; meaning the secondary good domains will get all the attention. I mention secondary, it because the first was already taken by registrars; or the so called Trademarkname holders. So the domainers investor will left with some secondary and most cope with third quality name. My first understanding about DOS was back in 1992-3. I have never heard of domains investing. Or maybe that instructor was so full of greed that doesn't want other people to know about it. Back then programming was so manual...and not hard to understand. Because it was all basic. This include the domains name. Now we have tons of Choices...you can understand this way, that way or no way. It is your understanding of such...

•••
I personally think it's a new day and there is really no so called professional within this industry in 2016. If you can point one out please let us all know whom that might be.. ;)

Not saying anyone is a pro or not. I said I think the opinions given by those advising against ngtlds are based on what happened in the industry and not sour grapes which would be personal. Subtle difference between the two.

Name a pro? One @mad409 D-::laugh:

Last edited:
•••
You can argue it all night long; xyz is part of alphabet family... And it will stay that way; weither you like it or.not :)

I am not saying this as an insult but most of your comments don't seem to make sense.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong anyone but her comments sound like gibberish.

•••
I am not saying this as an insult but most of your comments don't seem to make sense.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong anyone but her comments sound like gibberish.
Which one you are not understanding? Plz explained with your true bahavoir.

•••
Which one you are not understanding? Plz explained with your true bahavoir.

It sounds like you are using Google Translator.

That is usually what I feel when I try to translate a foriegn language to English. The phrases you type almost make sense but not really.

•••
Its tough enough to sell 2 word .com domains for a good price..So good luck with these other extensions

•••

"Anyone but her comments sound like gibberish" this alone is pointed at one individual and targeted at specific opinions; and you are respecting the rest of other opinions? You have fail to acknowledge and recognized that these are all opinion and thoughts that are given here. A Reasonable person would not behaved like you did. You know the only fact on here is the way you present yourself.

•••
It sounds like you are using Google Translator.

That is usually what I feel when I try to translate a foriegn language to English. The phrases you type almost make sense but not really.
You can research that if I did. I don't need to used any translations I know my alphabetext.xyz. We are thought to learn the language or dialect that are most used. In this regard, in American English. I have been using this language since I was 6 years old. You can also research that by the country. You are probably know this, but not according the way your behavior translation..and approached things...

•••
@ZapNano you have posted over 30% of the total posts here D-::-o lol :laugh:

•••
•••
•••
•••
When the hype is gone, it will be just another extension. Fads come and go in domaining too. Seen it before.
But there is a possibility of something new happening. History can repeat itself, but it's not set in stone, and with new parameters (more domainers, more businesses, bigger internet etc) you may see a new pattern different to previous scenarios.
.coms are bulging at the seams, with pricing way up etc. Sure it'll always be king, without doubt, but one TLD cannot sustain the growth of the internet and demand from it.

While I like xyz in some ways, I'm not saying xyz is going to explode, but something has to happen. Com may remain king and more exclusive, but others will become more streamlined in everyday use, it's impossible for them not to even if it takes 25 or 50 years. Then, once one new TLD is used mainstream, it opens up the entire internet and it;s users for all (decent) TLDs to be used.

•••
So should we renew the one words, and top keyword phrases we own, what is your Prediction about the Future of .Xyz.

They say it is the Next Dot Com, what is your take on this extension from Domain Names Investment Perspective.
If .xyz is the "next .com" why do I have zero offers so far on FloodInsurance.xyz here on NP and a pretty good name. .xyz is good but not the next .com - one can buy .ch (Swiss) been around many years years and a very good chance it will catch on in China in future years.

•••
But there is a possibility of something new happening. History can repeat itself, but it's not set in stone, and with new parameters (more domainers, more businesses, bigger internet etc) you may see a new pattern different to previous scenarios.
I appreciate that.
I am actually open to the idea, unfortunately the fundamentals don't seem to have changed much.

The demand for domain names remains limited, especially aftermarket domain names. It's not going to grow exponentially. People say the Internet is still young, but remember: people don't need domain names to use the Internet. They just need IPv4/v6 addresses.
It's mostly businesses that buy domain names. Most people don't own one, and usually have no interest. Even in 2016.

The difference between now and the 15 past years is that ccTLDs have soared. We now live in a .com and/or ccTLD world. There is hardly any room for alternate extensions.
Had there been more diversity in the early days, today's landscape would be very different. In fact the Internet is quite mature today and it's unlikely that a shift is going to take place in a short period of time.
Domainers don't have 10- or 20-year investment horizons.
Old-new extensions like .biz .info are still struggling today and they are over a decade old. Yet they make more sense than .xyz.

•••
I'm new? Hmmm, I've been here 8 years before you.
I have never been interested in .xyz and I'm sure I will not. So don't worry, the xyz TLD is all yours!
Good for you, I like .gy much more than .xyz and .properties ;)

I never said you were new, not sure what you're talking about. I said .xyz is still new.. :lookaround:

•••
If .xyz is the "next .com" why do I have zero offers so far on FloodInsurance.xyz here on NP and a pretty good name. .xyz is good but not the next .com - one can buy .ch (Swiss) been around many years years and a very good chance it will catch on in China in future years.
There will be no next of this and that. You have to be brutally honest to your deep mind; that the fact is we are and has always been using the alphabet letters. XYZ, is part of alphabet family period! As I observed, all new TLD are designed to fits or play as a modifier of the secondary TDN. There are some advantages or disadvantages of these new TDN. First disappointed, they produced mass of new TDN too early of each time. Second.dis, produces of domain names that are similar, but different in length. Moreover, the birth of those new TDN are somehow bring positive and negative to the consumers. And of course, together with those new born TDN, tight rules and regulations for domain investors...

•••
•••
I'm very skeptical of most things in life has to offer; hovever, I can't live this way. Trying to convince myself, that they only rout in life is to navigate yourself to where is everyone at. The traditional way of doing things is potential, to those who believed in none added value. The progress itself isn't in denial, it is to those who believed that moving forward will contribute and bring negative.impact of such..

•••
The usual.

Next .com was pretty ridiculous, to me it was just marketing for gullible types.

Recent posts today of LLL for only a few hundred. If you're impressed by that, I think you have low expectations.

Not sure how you can be next .com when only 7.8% of regs are United States of names that aren't private - https://namestat.org/xyz

Will be interesting to see how renewals play out later this year/next year for all those $2 and under regs. Not sure what kind of keywords are getting picked up this late in the game, probably not that good. Also wondering how long those cheap regs will go for.

From the beginning, 3 syllables with the letters x, y and z, not the best letters to me.

Then, choice. I think if you're going neutral, generic, it's com, then .net. I think .web is better than .xyz, so I don't think it helps .xyz when it comes out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back