Domain Empire

discuss Afternic Domain Parking...Is it Really GoDaddy Parking? Is this Good?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LoveCatchyDomains

Daring to LiveTop Member
Impact
This week, I took the leap and placed a large group of domains under Afternic Parking, using the for sale "NS5,NS6" landers (no parking ads).
To my surprise, the lander has "GoDaddy" rather than Afternic is showing up on the landing page.
Is this good? My domains are being sold through Afternic, so it's puzzing why GoDaddy should appear? And, it raises questions, like their prohibition against listing domains in their auctions and for sale pages that are expiring within 90 days.
Any thoughts on this? in

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Biggie, i will reply to your question tomorrow when i can find posts here to explain why and show examples people get 1000 clicks and make 1 penny at sedo.
Hi

when you get those examples, be sure to post the actual domain names too.

imo...

•••
For the Godaddy/Afternic Ns5/6 Parked domains, I noticed two issues.

1) There is a uniform terms of agreement, approximately 30 pages, that needs to be signed prior to the final sale.
2) There is a transfer fee. This shows up even before determining whether the buyer has a GoDaddy account to which the domain can be pushed. So perhaps it is applicable to all. It's only $8.49, but one additional hurdle to completing the sale.
Is this the case with any other marketplaces?

•••
What layout are you using for your 150?. Do you optimize each name's keywords?
I moved 6 over to those 4 nameservers, take a look when i get back

•••
What layout are you using for your 150?. Do you optimize each name's keywords?
I moved 6 over to those 4 nameservers, take a look when i get back
Right now, only 3 domains are parked at Sedo. I've been using the Salescrush lander option for the two, and auto for one.
And, incidentally, the Afternic ns5/6 trial is basically a response to parking trials about 3 months each with Sedo (1small sale), then Dan (0sales). Afternic has been the best, even without the landers, with two decent sales in 5 months. Giving their landers a trial seems reasonable.

•••
I wonder how many times they lose a potential buyer at that step.
Hi

when not viewed in a snapshot...
then longevity, track record and volume of transactions can be seen.

from that perspective,
pondering any loss of transactions that could have occurred from contract hurdles, is one that's overlooked in comparison.

on other hand:
you also have to look at that "hurdle" as one that has to be jumped over,
as it serves as a means to "bind" the "potential" to any transaction they may initiate.

you want the seller or buyer to follow-thru with the deal, so some formality has to be agreed to

imo...

•••
you want the seller or buyer to follow-thru with the deal, so some formality has to be agreed to
The 30+ page agreement may have its merits, but, to me, its intimidating and hard to fully understand.
There is one domain parking company that has a wonderful series of "explanation" clauses for legal agreement. Basically, the clause helps summarize each section, explaining what you are agreeing to.
I wonder if any of the domainers here have heard issues raised by buyers about their refusing to sign long legal contracts for the sale.
GD's NS5/6 lander is elegant in its simplicity. The subsequent steps to finalize the sale appear necessary to protect all parties involved. I wonder, though, if the contract could be more "user friendly," concise and understandable.

Last edited:
•••
just as you can't say how many transactions were completed when the buyer or seller thought about not proceeding with deal,
but they did so only because they signed a contract.
So, as far as you know, nobody tried to back out of a deal with a GoDaddy transfer because they refused to sign that long contract? Instead choosing to use a different marketplace venue or escrow for the sale?

You're probably right, that the lengthy contract probably isn't a big issue to folks in general. Thanks for the insight, as always.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back