IT.COM

discuss Afternic Landers vs Dan.com vs SH WLM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TopBrandsForSale

NameFinest.comUpgraded Member
Impact
Hi everyone!

I'm wondering which one of these setups could bring the best possible results in terms of leads and sales!

I have a small portfolio so even if I test myself, my stats wouldn't be statistically relevant.

Has anyone already tested the 3 different options and seen a noticeably better STR with one of these setups?

Many thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your names could bring the best possible results.

AN of course.

Last edited:
•••
Afternic for high price names - They have phone numbers listed on the landing pages.
Dan - Lot of low ball offers of fake offers
You can also try to switch back and forth between dan and afternic every 2 weeks.

•••
Afternic for high price names - They have phone numbers listed on the landing pages.
Dan - Lot of low ball offers of fake offers
You can also try to switch back and forth between dan and afternic every 2 weeks.
Thanks, Johnn! NS3/4 or NS5/6?

•••
•••
Make sure you set the minimum price so you don’t get low bow offer. Normally %50 of the bin.

•••
•••
I prefer NS3/NS4, although too many enquiries go nowhere. You can see which of your names are more popular and price accordingly based on the enquiries.
NS3/NS4 must have very low STR though, maybe 10%, but at least you get some feedback.
If buyers bought directly, there would not be any need for brokers, but it seems the brokers are very important.
Imagine yourself as a buyer typing a name on the browser and expecting to pay 10 bucks to register it, then see that the name actually costs 10000 bucks. The broker could help you understand why it is so expensive and what's the benefit of investing in a great name.

Last edited:
•••
I use Afternic NS5/6.

They have been responsible for almost all of my (very few) domain name sales over the past 2-3 years.

•••
Personally I think they are very similar. If it's a BIN lander and the buyer really wants the domain then in my experience they will buy regardless of the lander. I like Dan because in a large portfolio you can instantly make pricing changes, make offer, lease to own changes, etc. I love the UI. On afternic less functionality and changes can be made to 500 domains at a time which is a pain for larger portfolios. Also a big fan of the lease to own option on Dan. I sell a lot on afternic but prefer to point to Dan.

•••
I was speaking with an Afternic broker today and ask him about them offering other names to inquires that come in for my domains. He said they will only do that if the buyer can't afford the price I give them for my domain. I replied that they should offer payment plans so that the buyer can afford my price. He replied that I will be able to offer payment plans with Afternic in about a month from now. 😎

•••
Last edited:
•••
I was speaking with an Afternic broker today and ask him about them offering other names to inquires that come in for my domains. He said they will only do that if the buyer can't afford the price I give them for my domain. I replied that they should offer payment plans so that the buyer can afford my price. He replied that I will be able to offer payment plans with Afternic in about a month from now. 😎
That's great!

•••
DAN.com landing pages are not loading for me. I also cannot access my control panel.
I'm very disappointed with them. I'm thinking about moving to Afternic. Do they offer multilingual landing pages?

•••
I've been recommended to publish on Afternic since they have the biggest reach and best sell-through-rate. Immediately I see two problems:

1- Afternic doesn't allow me to capitalize domains names (mydomain.com vs MyDomain.com)
2- Afternic doesn't allow me to set a BIN price and allow visitors to make an offer as well.

I'm also confused on why my domains aren't listed "For sale" on sites like Domainr.com and whois.domaintools.com as other domains are (outside the fast-transfer network). I'm leaning towards having them on Dan.com as primary listing, and then also publish on Sedo for better reach.

How big of an impact should I expect this to have on sales? And what is your recommendation for listings?

•••
2—You can set a price for a domain but have it appear as a "request price" at Afternic. Prospective buyers will need to contact Afternic to get a quote. Set the floor price and let the broker negotiate on your behalf. This will create lots of dead ends, but you will never have to deal with any tire kickers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back