NameSilo

question-answered Afternic NS3/NS4 Landers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Umer Kayani

Established Member
Impact
Afternoon All,

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with Afternic DNS 3/4 views?

Have not get any views since changing back to ns3/4, same domains where getting daily views prior?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Then set a BIN, and change to NS5/6 landers....

Last edited:
•••
Changed them back from what NS. Need to know where you were parked to see this traffic
Also how do you see traffic on ns3 ns4

•••
Afternoon All,

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with Afternic DNS 3/4 views?

Have not get any views since changing back to ns3/4, same domains where getting daily views prior?
Same here, 3 days ago I changed my domains to afternic n3/n4 nameservers from sedo nameservers which were getting daily uniques. No views on any of the domains

•••
I think the views are for ns1/ns2 (ads)

Although they should include views for the others too

Last edited:
•••
Changed them back from what NS. Need to know where you were parked to see this traffic
Also how do you see traffic on ns3 ns4
Cheers for all input all.

Parked on Sedo - Daily views, hundreds, but probably mostly from bots if not all.

Parked on SH - Daily views

Parked on Alter - Daily views

Changed back to Afternic after around 4 months or so - As @ArielT stated, Ns1/2 daily views, ns3/4 no views, ns5/6 again no views.

These same domains on ns3/4 were getting daily views prior to changing, Kinda regret changing now, so don’t know what’s changed tbh..

Will give a couple more weeks to see if anything changes, doesn’t make sense landers being at Afternic but can’t see views.. maybe someone with more knowledge can share input about this 🤷🏻‍♂️.....

Last edited:
•••
Don't measure views..., If the domains are good enough, traffic will flow. Do outbounding if possible.

•••
Totally disagree. Seeing your traffic is more data. Bob Parsons 16 rules to success
MEASURE EVERYTHING OF SIGNIFICANCE.
I swear this is true. Anything that is measured and watched, improves.
https://bobparsons.com/16-rules/

Make an informed decision based on data. The more data the better.

Why outbound if their good enough to just ignore any traffic.
Spam some folks, then view your real time > content just to see if someone views your domain when they recieve your tracking email with link. I like to see if my social media adventures are turning into clicks as well
Facebook4(100.00%)4(100.00%)4(100.00%)100.00%

Thats why i dont use afternic landers up until now. I twiki'd a few things and got a sale within a week

•••
I would prefer seeing the data, the issue right now is how do you know if any domains are even getting views?

Afternic support got back to me:

Hello Umer,

Thank you for contacting Afternic Support. I hope you're doing well today!

After looking into this query, we can inform you that when switching to the NS3 & NS4 nameservers your Domain Parking tab won't display any statistics. Parking statistics only work for the NS1 & NS2 nameservers.

If you have any further questions or requests, please do not hesitate to contact us again!

Best regards,

Nikola S
Afternic Support

Based on the above I’m not quite sure what to do now, stick with ns3/4 without stats or switch to ns1/2 with ads/stats?

Would be interesting to know how many sales/conversions with ns1/2, if anyone has any experience would be great if you can share.

•••
I would prefer seeing the data, the issue right now is how do you know if any domains are even getting views?

Afternic support got back to me:

Hello Umer,

Thank you for contacting Afternic Support. I hope you're doing well today!

After looking into this query, we can inform you that when switching to the NS3 & NS4 nameservers your Domain Parking tab won't display any statistics. Parking statistics only work for the NS1 & NS2 nameservers.

If you have any further questions or requests, please do not hesitate to contact us again!

Best regards,

Nikola S
Afternic Support

Based on the above I’m not quite sure what to do now, stick with ns3/4 without stats or switch to ns1/2 with ads/stats?

Would be interesting to know how many sales/conversions with ns1/2, if anyone has any experience would be great if you can share.

I can't explain any lame,

NS1, NS2 ---> ADS, you might earn $0,0001 per visit, Probability of your domain selling is almost zero!
NS3, NS4 ---> Contact form, price request. No ads, no payouts. Somoene might ask for prices to AfterNic.
NS6, NS7 ----> Set a BIN, and let AfterNic brokers handle your negotiations. Only works with BIN.
Your own lander page ---> %!@$ you, this is my domain, and you pay me. My price, no commission for anyone.

Last edited:
•••

NS1, NS2 ---> ADS, you might earn $0,0001 per visit, Probability of your domain selling is almost zero!
NS3, NS4 ---> Contact form, price request. No ads, no payouts. Somoene might ask for prices to AfterNic.
NS6, NS7 ----> Set a BIN, and let AfterNic brokers handle your negotiations. Only works with BIN.
Your own lander page ---> %!@$ you, this is my domain, and you pay me. My price, no commission for anyone.
so which one is the best?
is there one that has BIN and make offer on the same ladder?

•••
I think Afternic should make the 5/6 for both, BIN and make offer

At the moment it only works for fixed prices

•••
•••
Afternic ,they'd better have an official description, which is easy to confuse.

•••

NS1,2 / If the user clicks on more details, the next page is the NS3/4, which is the most efficient one.. why zero? If you have crappy names that don't make sense, it's zero.
Most users just use the registrar search engine and buy names..

Last edited:
•••
If you would like to park your domains using the For Sale lander page with ads, you would want to update the domains to the following nameservers:

NS1.AFTERNIC.COM
NS2.AFTERNIC.COM

If you would instead like to park your domains using the For Sale lander page without ads, you would want to update the domains to the following nameservers:

NS3.AFTERNIC.COM
NS4.AFTERNIC.COM

Or lastly, if you would instead like to park your domains using the Buy Now For Sale lander page, also without ads, you would want to update the domains to the following nameservers:

NS5.AFTERNIC.COM
NS6.AFTERNIC.COM

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Afternic Support

•••
Marijuana do you seriously believe that if you have a great name on NS1/2, a serious end user will reject it because the lander shows ads? it still has a sale notice that leads to NS3. If they are serious buyers, they will go for it regardless.

Last edited:
•••
Marijuana do you seriously believe that if you have a great name on NS1/2, a serious end user will reject it because the lander shows ads? it still has a sale notice that leads to NS3. If they are serious buyers, they will go for it regardless.
Oh...that email is from the Afternic support and not from me

I am just a messenger.

•••
If you would like to park your domains using the For Sale lander page with ads, you would want to update the domains to the following nameservers:

NS1.AFTERNIC.COM
NS2.AFTERNIC.COM

If you would instead like to park your domains using the For Sale lander page without ads, you would want to update the domains to the following nameservers:

NS3.AFTERNIC.COM
NS4.AFTERNIC.COM

Or lastly, if you would instead like to park your domains using the Buy Now For Sale lander page, also without ads, you would want to update the domains to the following nameservers:

NS5.AFTERNIC.COM
NS6.AFTERNIC.COM

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Afternic Support
FYI-it is the email I got from afternic support and not from me!!

•••

For NS6/NS7 what is there to negotiate? Doesn't the page just show a price and buy button?

Wouldn't it be the NS3/4, where someone calls/contacts Afternic, that Afternic brokers do the negotiations to get the price from minimum offer to BIN?

•••
•••
Hello Future Sensors

You've already said that. Why are you acting like the thread is a super duper important DNS settings page where it matters?

The post I replied to said 6/7 so I used 6/7 to make it clear what I was referring to. It would be unnecessarily confusing/weird to quote a post that said "3/4" and "6/7" and start talking about "5/6".

•••
You should use a Lander that gives you the best results in the terms of sales.

If Ns3/ns4 gives you an annual sales of 50K vs another lander that gives your 40K, which one would you use regardless of whether you can see the stats or not.

The most important stats is your annual sales, not traffic stats.
Also your Human Type-in stats will not change regardless of lander, so when testing landers, your sales stats is what matters.

There are many nuances and you can track several metrics to determine what works best for your portfolio, but "not able to view traffic stats" should not be one of the factors.

•••
If you need buy now and make offer both, then you have to redirect your domain like below (Received from Afternic support) 👇👇

https://www.afternic.com/domain/YOURDOMAINGOESHERE
Make sure to replace the capitalized letters above with your own domain.

For Sale lander page that has buy now AND make offer buttons on a page without ads or traffic tracking, forward/301 redirect your domain like how it is shared above.

•••
For NS6/NS7 what is there to negotiate? Doesn't the page just show a price and buy button?

Wouldn't it be the NS3/4, where someone calls/contacts Afternic, that Afternic brokers do the negotiations to get the price from minimum offer to BIN?
Yes and no.

With NS3/4, yes they have to contact Afternic and negotiate.

With NS5/6, while there is the buy now button if someone wants the domain with no other interaction and is good with the price. But... right below the button is a phone number to contact Afternic. If they call and you have a floor price/minimum offer set below your buy now price, the Afternic brokers can negotiate depending on your prices. Even if you don't have a floor price/minimum offer lower than the BIN, the broker has an opportunity to make the sale happen.

I see this as another advantage to using Afternic. I've read a few times on here (keep in mind I'm new so this probably happens more than I know of) when someone called in to discuss the price and the Afternic broker successfully convinced the buyer to just go with the buy now price. Those are sales that might not have happened at all without the phone number/broker interaction.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back