NameSilo

Anyone done a Chargeback on Pool.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was wondering if anyone has done a Chargeback on Pool.com? They dropped catched a domain name for me but I don't I need this domain or could really develop it out.

It seems like in the FAQ's though they charge $25 if you do a chargeback on an account. Can anyone confirm this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They dropped catched a domain name for me but I don't I need this domain or could really develop it out.

So they did it on their own and then charged you for it or did you backorder the domain and then get charged for the service you agreed to pay for?

•••
I backordered the domain. Pool has not given me access to the domain yet and it has been several days since my card was charged. I might give it a few more days but I am getting a little nervous they won't give me access to it.

•••
Did you contact them and tell them that you never received access to the domain yet?
They work with other registrars which are supposed to send you the access emails and sometimes they
don't get sent out.

But your OP sounds like you are looking to get your money back because you just don't want the domain. If that's the case I would recommend that you contact Pool and try to work something out. Chargebacks are bad for a business' merchant account. Plus Pool would most likely ban you and you won't be able to use their service anymore.

•••
I was wondering if anyone has done a Chargeback on Pool.com? They dropped catched a domain name for me but I don't I need this domain or could really develop it out.

It seems like in the FAQ's though they charge $25 if you do a chargeback on an account. Can anyone confirm this?

So, you wanted a domain, contacted pool about drop-catching it.

Pool dutifully provided the service you agreed to pay for, but now you've 'changed your mind' about the domain and want to chargeback their fee?

P

A

T

H

E

T

I

C

•••
Does sound as though you had a change of heart and are now wanting to charge back on a service that was completed as requested. Normally it's not pool who will give control it's one of the many registrars they use that will send you the information to control the domain. I understand your patience is little but give them a bit of time and as suggested above if nothing in a few days call them up...they are usually very receptive in my experience.

Just saying...

•••
Speaking as a business owner who had a merchant account and dealt with fraudsters like this who received services rendered and later decided to stick the merchant with a chargeback, costing business owners like myself valuable TIME and MONEY, all I have to say is these people are the scum of the earth, thieves is what they are.

You made a purchase and you OWE for it.. Why do you feel that Pool.com should absorb YOUR mistake?, It wasn't them who backordered the domain was it?

If you FAXED Pool.com your identification, which I'm almost sure is a requirement for CC Transactions, Filing the chargeback will be a decision you will regret...

And for what, 60 bucks?

LMAO!

•••
P

A

T

H

E

T

I

C

Exactly, the funny part about this is, the OP is asking us if Pool can charge him with a $25 fee. which is actually the SAME amount or more that Merchants get charged when somebody files a chargeback,

It's OK to gauge Pool with a $25 charge but don't they dare gauge me...

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

Chargebacks are bad for a business' merchant account. Plus Pool would most likely ban you and you won't be able to use their service anymore.

Correct, chargebacks stay on a merchants record, so the merchant must fight the chargeback and try to win, otherwise its recorded as a chargeback, which counts against the merchant if they have too many, resulting in a higher percentage rate.

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

I backordered the domain. Pool has not given me access to the domain yet and it has been several days since my card was charged. I might give it a few more days but I am getting a little nervous they won't give me access to it.

I purchased well over 200 names through Pool and know that it can take anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks to get the log-in information, it comes from the Registrar who grabbed the domain and sometimes Pool has no control, Winning domains at auctions involves 3 parties... So try to be patient, if you cant wait, pick up the phone.. Doing what you want to do with a chargeback is scummy.

•••
POOL does the "backorder" but works with Namescout.com, Rebel.com, etc. as final registrars.
Wait few weeks to see what registrar has got the domain you backorderred.
Or just call to Pool to know what company has registerred it..
Look also in the WHOIS => WHAT DO YOU SEE ?
Can you put a printscreen here of the whois, or part of the whois ?

•••
You backordered the domain so now pay for it. Whether you want it or not, you ordered it. I have even backordered typos by mistakes and this doesn't make me file a chargeback. Pool is a bit slow delivering domains but they always do. You simply have no valid reason to make a chargeback.

•••
I have to go with RaiderGirl on this. As an online business owner I think I speak on behalf of many when I say that chargebacks are one of the greatest annoyances vendors face.

1) It is fraud, plain and simple. Chargebacks are only supposed to be used when someone has stolen your credit card or similar. It is not to be used for a change of heart.

2) Are you aware that the vendor is fined by the credit card company for the chargeback even if they have done absolutely nothing wrong? The $25 from Pool is only to cover that cost, which the credit card company imposes on them when you perform the fraudulent chargeback. Do you really think the vendor should suffer that fine on top of losing payment for the service they have already rendered to you?

3) As others have pointed out, a chargeback sticks on the vendor's record. They may be penalised for it later with higher fees, etc, particularly if it happens several times, and there is absolutely nothing they can do to protect themselves against it.

I've thankfully only been exposed to a chargeback once. The guy had the gall to send me an email afterwards telling me that he felt a bit short on money since it was the end of the month and would rather come back and buy from me the next month. I bit his head off and told him that I would use his email as documentation that the chargeback was fraudulent. He actually felt bad and made it up to me, because he didn't know of the consequences the vendor faces with a chargeback. I hope that's the case with you, too.

•••

It's numpty buyers like you, Adam27, that give the domaining business a bad reputation.

Honor your debts and responsibilities and find out how to get access to this domain. You ordered it, you pay for it.

Deal with it. Only do a chargeback if you are denied access to the domain, not just because you are too lazy to shoot an email to Pool.

And remind me to never knowingly do business with you.

:(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back