Domain Empire

Benefits Of Being A Domaining Wallflower

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BlackCatsAreNice

Established Member
Impact
One of the benefits of owning HIGHLY DESIRABLE domains that people actually WANT TO BUY is that you never know who will be contacting you.

Last night, I got an INQUIRY from a well known (well...B-Level) actor/star. His best days in front of the camera are over but now he's transitioning to working behind one.

It's funny. Because now I have his personal phone, email, instagram, etc. I can ring up a star!

He wants one of my domains for a startup. I normally would ask $30K (it's 2020. anything LESS is reserved for domaining amateurs).

But I price my jewels not just on their intrinsic value, but also on the buyer and how much I could squeeze out of their BALLoons.

He passed of course. But he will be back. It's Hollywood.

And BlackCatsAreNice was born to do the Cat Strut.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

I know the question of taxes and domain sales have come up before so forgive me if this is a re-hash. I have gone through some previous threads and still don't have a clear idea of how to proceed.

I'd like to keep my filings simple. I have a "day job" and domaining is a side hustle. I've mainly been investing in domains with occasional sales. I average 1-3 sales a year.

Can I "keep it simple" and just enter data from my W2 form as usual and have profits from my domain sales filed under *miscellaneous* and be done with it?

I went to a CPA with my W42 and print outs of my Escrow.com sales but he keeps telling me I need a 1099 from from which I don't have.

All my sales are via Escrow.com and funds deposited directly to my checking account. So the communication from Escrow.com (in the form of a "closing statement" email) and the record of the deposit from Escrow.com into my checking account are the only two evidence of the sale.

I am in the process of exploring setting up an LLC or some other structure but since I sell so sporadically, I don't know if it makes sense.

Thanks for any help!

•••
Yes, The Cat Strut is alive and well!

•••
•••
Thanks for being a FAN! Will notify you when my Patreon Acccount is set up.

•••

May be CAT/PLAYER//COM more suitable Hollywood ;),I own it.

•••
One of the benefits of owning HIGHLY DESIRABLE domains that people actually WANT TO BUY is that you never know who will be contacting you.

Last night, I got an INQUIRY from a well known (well...B-Level) actor/star. His best days in front of the camera are over but now he's transitioning to working behind one.

It's funny. Because now I have his personal phone, email, instagram, etc. I can ring up a star!

He wants one of my domains for a startup. I normally would ask $30K (it's 2020. anything LESS is reserved for domaining amateurs).

But I price my jewels not just on their intrinsic value, but also on the buyer and how much I could squeeze out of their BALLoons.

He most likely will not come back. I've dabbled in the film industry for quite some time. I needed a domain for one of my streaming series. The domain broker wanted $12k for the exact match. I simply registered a variation by adding the word 'series' to it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back