IT.COM

.biz vs .co.in

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Which will you choose if the rest of the extension has been taken or just not exist? Which is worth more?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It should be a clear choice: .biz

One (.in) has national implications and the other is universal.

•••
co.in IMHO..
coz..
1. Im an Indian
2. .biz doesnt sound too professional..

•••
Sorry seem like I click in to wrong forum. Can mod please move it to correct forum? Thank you.

•••
there is no comparison.
unless you were targetting the Indian market, or the domain name is completely unsuitable to business, .biz is the clear winner.
it is a global TLD.
it has nothing to do with were one comes from. It is were/what you want to target.

also, for an international business site, .in is not very professional, while .biz which is the business tld (in the strict sense of the word) is the ultimate from your 2 choices.

•••
seeker said:
there is no comparison.
unless you were targetting the Indian market, or the domain name is completely unsuitable to business, .biz is the clear winner.
it is a global TLD.
it has nothing to do with were one comes from. It is were/what you want to target.

also, for an international business site, .in is not very professional, while .biz which is the business tld (in the strict sense of the word) is the ultimate from your 2 choices.
.in .co.in is actually hot in the indian market to target locals

•••
JeffM2 said:
.in .co.in is actually hot in the indian market to target locals

That sir i totally agree with. .co.in and .in are hot comodities to the indian market. No Indian business men that i know would ever choose a .biz extension when i speak on domain topics to them they prefer the .co.in over the .in and any other extension.

Thats like most businesses in the UK prefer to use the .co.uk extension over any other. Unless they do import/export then i think you will find they will register the .com and .co.uk and 9 times out of 10 the .com will point to the .co.uk address.

•••
while I agree with this, and if you read my post above, i said it myself, the OP asked in general about .biz vs .in and seems to be based in Malaysia.

•••
•••
mole said:
Tell that to http://www.billboard.biz I'm sure they will like some feedback on how to market in B2B space :D

I said IMO.. i can tell u lot more co.in/in domains more famous than ,biz.. yahoo.co.in, google.co.in,ebay.in, website.in (directi)..

btw, i;ve never had a .biz domain.. dont like it personally..

•••
.biz vs co.in is like comparing apples and oranges.

co.in & .in is more for indian market and are already popular with indian audience.

.biz is yet to be an alternate choice for majority.

•••
tk said:
.biz vs co.in is like comparing apples and oranges.

very true. Its all depend on what market is going to be targeted . If its India related, of course .co.in is clear winner.

:)

•••
I will take .in to .biz ., But i wont take .co.in for .biz.

because., .co.in is a subdomain and iam indian too.

•••
apart from the fact that a comparison between the two would be like comparing apples to grapes, the other issue is that from a pure domaining point of view, there are more takers for good .co.in/.in names than .biz even though we all know that .biz is a global TLD. But of course, even here, it depends on the domain name itself..... The other issue is that if the .com/.net versions of a domain name are available many people would be averse to getting a .biz. But there would still be many folks who would like to get the .co.in version as well in addition to the .com/.net versions, if available. So, from that point of view, unless there is an increase in the perceived value of .BIZ, IMO .co.in/.in is in some sense "better" than .BIZ

Last edited:
•••
for people outside of India, and that want a global presence, and assuming the choice is only .in or .biz, I can not see how .in can compete with .biz
for speculation purposes and assuming you want to limit your market to within India, then of course .in makes sense.
I can not understand why some people are comparing a ccTLD with a GTLD *if* talking globaly.

•••
If the of the extensions taken will you still go for either one of them for the following cases?

1. .com taken but parked/not develop
2. .com taken and has been developed

•••
in both cases if i had to I would go for it.
reason:
1) the .com is parked, but at any time that can change :)
2) the .com is already developed, so I would differentiate myself completely by going for .biz (for global) or .in for India

•••
seeker said:
for people outside of India, and that want a global presence, and assuming the choice is only .in or .biz, I can not see how .in can compete with .biz
for speculation purposes and assuming you want to limit your market to within India, then of course .in makes sense.
I can not understand why some people are comparing a ccTLD with a GTLD *if* talking globaly.

yes, that's right. a direct comparison doesnt make sense, because for a global business, a .biz would make a lot more sense than a .in.
But, you know, if the .com/.net is not available, folks generally do not opt for a .biz unless the domain name is such that it suits the tld well. Otherwise, they look for another domain. So, .biz ATM is more of a compromise for most people, and in most cases.

But, those who choose .co.in/.in or .us or .co.uk may very well be quite happy with that choice and not see it as a B-grade choice (which .biz is in 90% of the cases, but not all of course).

•••
.biz totally wins. When did you ever see a good co.in ?

•••
DNsnipers said:
.biz totally wins. When did you ever see a good co.in ?

But maybe it will success like co.uk.

•••
:imho: .co.in if your website is india-related. Otherwise go for .biz.

•••
There shouldn't be a comparison between .biz and .co.in, In India the obvious choice between the two would be .co.in. .biz can be used by businesses all over the world but .co.in cannot be used by businesses based in other countries, there the choice would be .biz.

•••
peter phillips said:
There shouldn't be a comparison between .biz and .co.in, In India the obvious choice between the two would be .co.in. .biz can be used by businesses all over the world but .co.in cannot be used by businesses based in other countries, there the choice would be .biz.

yes but how many businesses opt for a .biz instead of settling for an available alternative .com ?
on the other hand there is at least some legitimate demand for .co.ins

so inspite of the fact that .biz can be used all over the world, people (end users) hardly do ... unless the name suits the tld like hell or the keyword in the domain is fabulous and the domain is not available with any other tld.

and if end users are not all that enthusiastic, then in the long term that doesnt bode well for the tld.

•••
sm said:
yes but how many businesses opt for a .biz instead of settling for an available alternative .com ?
Here we are talking about .co.in and .biz only. There is no question about .com here. I know .com is the obvious choice for most of the people.

sm said:
on the other hand there is at least some legitimate demand for .co.ins
Only in India

sm said:
so inspite of the fact that .biz can be used all over the world, people (end users) hardly do ... unless the name suits the tld like hell or the keyword in the domain is fabulous and the domain is not available with any other tld.
Agreed, .biz is not as popular as some of the other TLD's but again it boils down to the fact that here we are talking about .co.in and .biz only

•••
Actually quite a few companies have purchased .co.in / .in who do not have businesses in India but wish to market there product/s to the indian market good examples of these are the search engines like google.co.in and yahoo.co.in etc also giants like cisco.co.in, ebay.co.in

The .biz extension i was very excited about when it got released due to being a dedicated business extension sadly it never really has taken off i for one have some great .biz keywords but these hardly get any traffic where my .co.in and .in generate 10's of thousands of uniques a month.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back