IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Till now i had only tried BB. Thought would give namerific a try too since they are also on page no.1 at google for brandable names.

10 names submitted, 3 accepted (pending logo design and listing), lets see how they do:

Last edited:
•••
Update on policies :

As a domain owner, you are an important part of our marketplace and we thank you for working with us to sell your unique, brandable names. We are writing to let you know about some changes to our sales policies in order to make a smoother shopping experience for our buyers, to protect our past customers' rights, and to ensure that BrandBucket's sales and marketing efforts are not exploited. Four key points, explained below, have been added to our Rules for Sellers:

Sellers may not list any domain name published to the BrandBucket marketplace for sale elsewhere on the web. This includes all major domain marketplaces, smaller marketplaces and personal websites.
Sellers may at any time request for a domain name to be removed from BrandBucket, and from the time of that request the name will continue to be listed for 30 days before being removed. Removed domains may be listed again at any time. Listing fees are non-refundable.
For the duration that a domain name is listed on BrandBucket, BrandBucket retains exclusive sales rights over that domain. For any name sold outside of the marketplace, we will require that you pay BrandBucket's commission amount, which is 30% of the listed sale price on BrandBucket.com.
Information on domain names sold at BrandBucket, including the name, price and/or logo may not be shown on any other external marketplace or personal website.
These changes to our policy are effective immediately. We are allowing a grace period of 7 days for any domain name (active or sold) to be removed from external websites. The deadline is May 31, 2013.

•••
I submitted 4 domains that where refused with BB to namerific. 2 of the 4 where accepted by namerific. Will see how the 2 platforms perform.

•••
Is their any websites like BB that you can submit your brandable domains WITH the logos?

I have a close friend who is an exceptionally good logo designer and we have logos and domains and wonder whether there is a platform to sell both as a package?

•••
I have one name that I recently paid the listing fee for, but I don't like their updated seller's agreement at all.

Exclusive brokerage, blanket NDA etc..

I've asked for a refund.

•••
Till now i had only tried BB. Thought would give namerific a try too since they are also on page no.1 at google for brandable names.

10 names submitted, 3 accepted (pending logo design and listing), lets see how they do:

s/o/c/i/a/l/a/m/i/g/o/s
j/o/b/d/i/a
a/p/p/o/n/a

One feature I absolutely loved at namerific: they replied (declined mainly but one name was accepted) in a 10 minutes after the submissions, with a comment why every particular name was declined.

Brandbucket didn't bother to reply at all (one test name was submitted by me).

•••
Got this same email today. Seems brandbucket has found our thread here and doesn't like us talking about sales details.

Btw, namerific is really fast in accepting and creating logos. The owner , Zane , is very hands on and lets you know why a certain name wasn't accepted.

Update on policies :

As a domain owner, you are an important part of our marketplace and we thank you for working with us to sell your unique, brandable names. We are writing to let you know about some changes to our sales policies in order to make a smoother shopping experience for our buyers, to protect our past customers' rights, and to ensure that BrandBucket's sales and marketing efforts are not exploited. Four key points, explained below, have been added to our Rules for Sellers:

Sellers may not list any domain name published to the BrandBucket marketplace for sale elsewhere on the web. This includes all major domain marketplaces, smaller marketplaces and personal websites.
Sellers may at any time request for a domain name to be removed from BrandBucket, and from the time of that request the name will continue to be listed for 30 days before being removed. Removed domains may be listed again at any time. Listing fees are non-refundable.
For the duration that a domain name is listed on BrandBucket, BrandBucket retains exclusive sales rights over that domain. For any name sold outside of the marketplace, we will require that you pay BrandBucket's commission amount, which is 30% of the listed sale price on BrandBucket.com.
Information on domain names sold at BrandBucket, including the name, price and/or logo may not be shown on any other external marketplace or personal website.
These changes to our policy are effective immediately. We are allowing a grace period of 7 days for any domain name (active or sold) to be removed from external websites. The deadline is May 31, 2013.

•••
twomoon said:

They took a long time to reply for me. About 3 weeks.

•••
They definitely take their time to respond, but based on the comments from many here, the site seems very successful. I like the fact that they actually list who has bought names from them...

•••
I'm happy with the prices they came up with - double what I was previously trying to sell them for. So I will happily pay the 30% commission if they sell them - about $30K altogether - from an investment of about $1K.

I'm also happy with their sales descriptions, and I think 2 our of 3 logos are good - but I did opt for the more expensive options.

So far I am very happy, and if any sell I will be deliriously happy.

•••
They definitely take their time to respond, but based on the comments from many here, the site seems very successful. I like the fact that they actually list who has bought names from them...

If I were you I would edit out the last sentence!

•••
If I were you I would edit out the last sentence!

What do you exactly mean? why should he edit that out?

They keep the sold names listed on their site (they get a red "sold" label, only the price is removed), that way (both sellers and potential buyers) know that they are serious, reliable, and successful.
Many other "copies" don't do that, so you don't know who they are, how successful they are, how trustworthy they are, if they sell any name at all, etc. Others should do that too, if they really sell other people's domains, so that we can see if its worth to try or if they just occasionally sell their own names.

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

Is their any websites like BB that you can submit your brandable domains WITH the logos?

I have a close friend who is an exceptionally good logo designer and we have logos and domains and wonder whether there is a platform to sell both as a package?

From the Namerific Site:

I already have a logo, can I submit my own logo design?

While submitting your logo, use the comment form to notify us of this and we'll review your logo - send your logo to submit @ namerific. Note that, the logo will need to be in Adobe Illustrator vector format for us to even consider using it.

Last edited:
•••
One feature I absolutely loved at namerific: they replied (declined mainly but one name was accepted) in a 10 minutes after the submissions, with a comment why every particular name was declined.

Brandbucket used to give commentary on occasion but they probably have 20-100x the submissions volume of namerific so I can understand why they don't.

•••
What do you exactly mean? why should he edit that out?

They follow this thread, hence their new TOS - so it's best not to give all the tricks of the game away IMO - buyers generally do not like smart sellers...... I don't want to elaborate any further for the reason I've just mentioned.

•••
Just registered at BrandBucket today and sent in 20 domains for consideration, this is my first experience with brandable domains, I have focused on keyword domains only up to now, but If I get good results out of this I will have to adjust my portfolio to include more brandables. :)

Ojohn

-

Last edited:
•••
How long does it take to get the logo designed on BB?

•••
Looks like at present they look at submissions on Mondays - that could account for varying response times.

I've submitted 30 so far. First 10 had 3 accepted, second 10 had 4 accepted. Both times they emailed me on Tuesday.

•••
Hi all,

I wanted to reply to a particular point that has come up several times in this forum this past week -- about how we ask that details about sales on BrandBucket are kept off of other sites.

This policy is serving two purposes:

1) For the protection of our customers. About 75% of the time, after one of our buyers has launched their company, they ask for any and all information about their domain purchase to be removed from our site. We are trying to change the industry to be where people are not ashamed of buying a domain name for more than reg fee, but in the meantime we cannot make people feel a certain way about how they acquired their name. Our buyers love our service, but if they want their information private, we are obligated to keep it private. We can easily remove it from our site, but if details about their name are posted elsewhere, the customer will have to track it down and get it removed, and so we decided to try and help them out a little.

2) This one we are incredibly serious about. It is no secret that there are tons of BrandBucket copycat sites out there. However, some of these sites (run by domain owners that are long-time sellers on BrandBucket) are converting into marketplaces (selling names owned by other domain owners, not just their own). These marketplaces are listing names and logos in a "Sold on this site" section that were actually sold on BrandBucket. Not only are they misleading customers, but they are misleading domain owners like you about how successful they actually are. This is fraudulent and illegal, and we will be actively pursuing the removal of this information.

Up until now we haven't been very active in forums, although we do keep an eye on the general feeling about our service. I'm making it a mission to change that. From now on our business will be much more transparent, and you'll get honest answers to any questions you have. Please feel free to reach out to me directly anytime.

Margot B., Founder of BrandBucket

•••
Hi all,
Up until now we haven't been very active in forums, although we do keep an eye on the general feeling about our service. I'm making it a mission to change that. From now on our business will be much more transparent, and you'll get honest answers to any questions you have. Please feel free to reach out to me directly anytime.

Hello Margot, After hearing so many success stories about BrandBucket I decided to send in 20 domains for consideration, I was wondering how long does it usually take to know which ones have been approved. Thanks

PS: my username is Ojohn

•••
Hi all,

I wanted to reply to a particular point that has come up several times in this forum this past week -- about how we ask that details about sales on BrandBucket are kept off of other sites.

This policy is serving two purposes:

1) For the protection of our customers. About 75% of the time, after one of our buyers has launched their company, they ask for any and all information about their domain purchase to be removed from our site. We are trying to change the industry to be where people are not ashamed of buying a domain name for more than reg fee, but in the meantime we cannot make people feel a certain way about how they acquired their name. Our buyers love our service, but if they want their information private, we are obligated to keep it private. We can easily remove it from our site, but if details about their name are posted elsewhere, the customer will have to track it down and get it removed, and so we decided to try and help them out a little.

2) This one we are incredibly serious about. It is no secret that there are tons of BrandBucket copycat sites out there. However, some of these sites (run by domain owners that are long-time sellers on BrandBucket) are converting into marketplaces (selling names owned by other domain owners, not just their own). These marketplaces are listing names and logos in a "Sold on this site" section that were actually sold on BrandBucket. Not only are they misleading customers, but they are misleading domain owners like you about how successful they actually are. This is fraudulent and illegal, and we will be actively pursuing the removal of this information.

Welcome Margot on the forum. It is great to have you here.

I agree with the new rules and don't have any problem with it.

•••
Margot first off welcome, secondly I would like to hear the reason for exclusivity ? This will certainly lower the amount of domains on your site (which is not necessarily a negative) because many want as much exposure as possible. I mean you have a nice boutique but certainly do not have the reach of a Go Daddy as far as getting eyeballs, so is it all about the logo and visual appeal to the buyer ?

•••
BB approved "two" names from my list and both start with letter "u"

however, after re-reading tos, got more pondering to do

•••
margotb,
Welcome to NamePros :wave:

Your responses will be much appreciated.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
@ Margot

Thanks for the quick response,

Got an email from BrandBucket for the first batch of domains that I had submitted (4 out of 10 got accepted) waiting to hear about the second batch. :)

•••
@ Margot

Thanks for the quick response,

Got an email from BrandBucket for the first batch of domains that I had submitted (4 out of 10 got accepted) waiting to hear about the second batch. :)

Are you now going to add an extra "0" to those 4? :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back