NameSilo

$cashtags - Post your "TAG" and "CASH" Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was at a tech meetup in Boca Raton, Florida and someone swiftly mentioned about "Cashtags"; I had no idea what they were.

I have been hesitant to post about Cashtags since I did not think it would have any relevance to domaining - this is not the case.

Fortune.com already posted wrote about it!

you can read the full article here - http://www.domainmagic.com/cashtags-social-networking-of-the-future/

I registered Cashtag / io and Cashtags / io

Would be interesting to see what 3rd party applications this would be used for development.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$income
$stock
$broker

I'm done :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Allow me...

$com

This will be the ultimate way to send money. Much better than PayPal imo.

holy shit; amazing $

•••
holy shit; amazing $
Thanks. Someone beat me to $domains.

The fact that it's free and the money goes right into your bank account is awesome!

•••
Only available in the US

•••
I see a few TMs on "cashtag" but they don't look to be Square's.

•••
I actually thought about buying a cashtag domain. I'll pass after rethinking it! Could be a tm nightmare.

•••
I don't see a way to play it via domains other than to reg "cashtag" domains... Not like "sending cash" is new. Think I will stay away, too, but am downloading the app so I can get my name before anyone else.

•••
Also trying to think if there is any downside to having your "pay address" publicly known -- would think Square has thought of all the security issues beforehand!

•••
I don't see a way to play it via domains other than to reg "cashtag" domains... Not like "sending cash" is new. Think I will stay away, too, but am downloading the app so I can get my name before anyone else.
Good luck getting a first name.

•••
Good luck getting a first name.

Nah - my first name is 3 letters. My whole first-last (7 letter) name is still available though.

A lot of interesting things are available, still. It's quite early.

•••
Nah - my first name is 3 letters. My whole first-last (7 letter) name is still available though.

A lot of interesting things are available, still. It's quite early.
Lots available but first names would be ideal or your business name.

•••
I figure if this service takes off (which I think it's got a decent shot to) then I will set up a second one for my business. I wonder what limits the amount of accounts you can have? Maybe only the number of bank accounts.

•••
I wonder what limits the amount of accounts you can have? Maybe only the number of bank accounts.
I think it's limited to 1 per device, CC, and phone number.

•••
Now -- does anyone see a market for the $Cashtags developing, as supposedly there is an underground-ish market for Twitter handles?

•••
Now -- does anyone see a market for the $Cashtags developing, as supposedly there is an underground-ish market for Twitter handles?
There is no way to transfer a cashtag.

•••
There is no way to transfer a cashtag.

You could just change the underlying data: phone, CC, email, etc. to the buyer.

•••
You could just change the underlying data: phone, CC, email, etc. to the buyer.
Tell me more.

How can I create a new account with my iPhone? It would require a new card or email I guess.

I can't see how it's possible since only 1 app can be downloaded per unique device.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Twitter did this two years ago; so it seems like there would be no trademark on this technology; However they did it wrong, they linked the $tags to Stock symbols so users could easily see the ticker price within the social tweet or message.

This seems like something twitter will eventually acquire

Last edited:
•••
•••
LOL! I'll send funds right away!!

I actually don't have a Mastercard/Visa debit card so it's still available :) Though I do want it.. :)

Would be interesting to see what 3rd party applications this would be used for development.

Why ? Looks like you just go to a cash.me site and pay. Where is there room for 3rd Party? Square / Apple want to control the whole cash / payment space.

Last I checked they don't have the ACH access that Mastercard/Visa have so they are still just a middle man - i.e. they are the 3rd Party app.

Why would I not just provide a link on my own business site? It seems wasteful to direct someone to the third party and lose that opportunity to retain them on site, or as inbound upsell etc.

I just don't get it, I suppose.

•••
[FONT=Book Antiqua said:
"To switch between accounts on the same device, you'll need to sign out and sign back in to your alternate account with your associated email or phone number."[/FONT]

You can do this, but when you switch between accounts the one you are not using shows disabled or "Oh no :( , this page you are looking for cannot be found.

•••
Interesting question: do you have to accept the payments?

Can't sign up ouside USA - can't even get the app - but to transfer currency way cheaper try transferwise.com - does save a lot on transfers

•••
You can do this, but when you switch between accounts the one you are not using shows disabled or "Oh no :( , this page you are looking for cannot be found.
This isn't true if you sign out and create another account. I have 2 open right now.

$com
$way

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back