IT.COM

$cashtags - Post your "TAG" and "CASH" Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was at a tech meetup in Boca Raton, Florida and someone swiftly mentioned about "Cashtags"; I had no idea what they were.

I have been hesitant to post about Cashtags since I did not think it would have any relevance to domaining - this is not the case.

Fortune.com already posted wrote about it!

you can read the full article here - http://www.domainmagic.com/cashtags-social-networking-of-the-future/

I registered Cashtag / io and Cashtags / io

Would be interesting to see what 3rd party applications this would be used for development.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only available in the US

I'm in!

I live just north of the Canada/US border and already have a US bank account, credit card, Visa debit and mailing address, but still couldn't get the app on my Canadian device. I crossed the border today and bought a $99 tablet and was able to set myself up.

I have regular payments that I make via wire transfer and my bank charges $25 per outbound transfer and I have to set them up in person at the bank, hopefully I can convert the people I pay to accept payments this way.

•••
love everything about this, glad you found out about it early on and shared it with us jason

•••
Allow me...

$com

This will be the ultimate way to send money. Much better than PayPal imo.

•••
•••
And again, the registrars will be happy with domainers rushing out to reg any domain with cashtags, ct, etc etc.

But then, I am working on a site now (just need the logos redone to my liking).
Where domainers can get their own tags.
Who knew?

DNTAGS dot com

•••
$online

Hard to choose just one with so many words available!

Thanks for the heads up, Jason.

•••
Tell me more.

How can I create a new account with my iPhone? It would require a new card or email I guess.

I can't see how it's possible since only 1 app can be downloaded per unique device.

Well first of all I am not saying I'm going to do it. And second of all, I was only thinking out loud that it was technically possible.. to do with one "handle" at a time anyway.

But if the main hurdle was that you can only have one app per device, who's to say it's not economically worth it to procure a bunch of oldish, cheap phones, laptops, tablets, etc. simply to register several appealing handles?

The more practical aspect for us domainers may simply may be the improvement over Paypal:
  • 1.5% vs. 2.9% fee
  • Money immediately into bank account rather than online Paypal account
  • And it seems like it will be more user-friendly, simpler, easier to use, etc., etc.
My initial impression is that this will catch on and maybe we domainers will be some of the real first early adopters. Thank you to the OP for bringing this to light.

I re-thought my initial impulse to register my FirstLastname and went with a name I like of a domain I am working with and own, Qongo -- may switch the name of my business to it. I realized: most likely 90% plus use of my Cash account (if it takes hold) will likely be iused n domaining, rather than personal, so why not "brand" it.

•••
I thought $ on Twitter marked a stock symbol, IE $GDDY would display the latest ticker for GoDaddy.

•••
•••
@Keith

"Multiple Cash Accounts

"You can create different Cash accounts for personal and business use. Each account must be associated with a different email address or mobile phone number, but you can link the same debit card to multiple accounts.

"To switch between accounts on the same device, you'll need to sign out and sign back in to your alternate account with your associated email or phone number."

Notice it says "different email address OR mobile phone number."

Full article: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5187-about-square-cash#multiple-cash-accounts

•••
It seems wasteful to direct someone to the third party and lose that opportunity to retain them on site, or as inbound upsell etc.

I just don't get it, I suppose.

Yea I agree, since no api documentation or allowed for use, no one really knows how it's going to turn out; what applications you can use it for.

But from the looks of a #hashtag and social media and how that instantly came a hit; I believe people will just understand and adapt what a $cashtag is. I'm sure you will be able to eventually share your $tag through social networks; allowing payment gateways.

Say Lady Gaga has how many followers? idk, it's too late for me to check but prob over 13m. If she socially shares her $cashtag she can generate a few bucks for social prizes for example.

When you send payment your information is personally verified with the last 4 digits of your social. Unlike facebook and twitter which has a huge issue with this right now and trying to figure out how to remove millions of fake accounts.

Last edited:
•••
One thing for sure, that company is getting a lot of namepros members involved.
To what end, no telling.
Just another way to get money, give money.

And Dwolla is still better.
https://www.dwolla.com/

Here in Iowa...can pay the state for anything using them!

•••
I'm in!

I live just north of the Canada/US border and already have a US bank account, credit card, Visa debit and mailing address, but still couldn't get the app on my Canadian device. I crossed the border today and bought a $99 tablet and was able to set myself up.

I have regular payments that I make via wire transfer and my bank charges $25 per outbound transfer and I have to set them up in person at the bank, hopefully I can convert the people I pay to accept payments this way.
$bingo!

•••
A little hint. You can have up to 3 $cashtags per account. Happy hunting!

•••
•••
•••
Thanks so much; you are very kind!! - Instantly in my account for use; the Tuesday is when it will be cleared due to weekend. and no idea why I set it to business account.. can I switch back?

84RElDv.png

•••
I missed the link to register with, but hope you got my small thanks ($seed)

good one! little tip; all hacks are taken; I would grab $eed too; surprised it's still avail. just use a different email address

$save, $ave and pretty much all gone.

•••
I was going to grab a few hacks until I noticed u dont have to use the $ anyways, can just send people to cash.me/seed and it redirects to /$seed so having $eed for example is cool I guess but seems almost unnecessary and harder to type.
Try sending in the app. You have to type the $

•••
By Tuesday? What's the hold-up?

the funds are in my accounts immediately;
Go to your tag and put in a new one. Hit "set" and your done.

no! this will secure both names but deactivate your other one until you can switch back and forth.

Just logout and create a brand new account with NEW email!! thats all!! All your accounts with different email can link to same debit card!

•••
I registered HashtagBucks.com a few years ago and saw this coming but did not develop. I also have TagMuch.com HashtagJackpots.com HashtagMuch.com HashtagSponsors.com HashtagHello.com HelloHashtag.com

I grabbed $PAYDAYLOAN

•••
•••
•••
@Jason.tv Thanks for sharing! I had this opportunity with Twitter's hashtag but thought it was stupid conceptually. One must stay open to new ideas and ways of doing things especially in this industry.

Just shot a little something your way!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back