Dynadot

discuss China's domain name industry

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GuoYongan

Established Member
Impact
I have to say that china's domain name industry is very important. Because of the difference of lingustic, some valueless domain name that in a english speaking man may have great value in china's domain name market. so english speaking investors should put eyes in china's market.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Eh, it's dangerous to be Chinese on Namepros - you are going to be swamped by "please apprise xxxx" and "what does xxxx mean" posts and PMs ;)

•••
I just started investing in names and im curious about keyword+number domains. Alot of websited in this combination is being used by chinese companies and I would like to get your opinion on these domains. How valuable are these names on the chinese market?

pariss888
recycle888
888recycle
acquire8
all .com's
in china's market, combination is not a good choice, unless it' s less than four or five character. and the companies use combinations with numbers and alphabet are always small companies.

•••
Where to begin?
the most famous domain name forum is 域名城(domain cn)and if you have any question in doman.cn ,you cansend a email to me. i'm a staff in domain cn,but not a investor.

•••
888 is better, in chinese there are a saying :""888(bababa),发发发(fafafa)“:laugh:
Good point. :D
I think we like to repeat the same words three times.When a guest arrives, I'll say:

来来来 (come, come, come)
坐坐坐 (sit, sit, sit)
吃吃吃 (eat, eat, eat)
去去去 (go, go, go)

•••
I got snap8 (com) a while ago, I don't know if it's valuable
i don't think its a good domain name, in china ,we use pinyin but not english words, so a combination like "caifui+88" is better.

•••
In my opinion, it would be better to post all questions publicly in the thread rather than PM, even the silly ones :). We all can learn from each others.

•••
In my opinion, it would be better to post all questions publicly in the thread rather than PM, even the silly ones :). We all can learn from each others.
Very very well said. :D:D:D I learned this lesson and found a solution by charging a fee for private consulting. Some people don't want to reveal their domain names even though I don't include domain extension in my answers, so as a result I get some pocket money.

•••
Hi and thank you for this thread-I assume you speak Chinese and are an experienced domainer? We have been buying pinyin names such as zudeche.com (rental car) caifu.ch ( wealthy) Fangchan.ch ( real estate) We own plenty of .com pinyin names but I wonder what you think of the .ch extension for the China market-or even the .in ( India) extension. Thank you.
i have to say that in china the best .ch and .in is not a good investment choice, the most popular domain name is .com(gTLD ) and .cn(ccTLD). But a good pinyin like caifu.ch is also popular,and "zudeche" is not good because it's more than two syllables.

•••
•••
888 is better, in chinese there are a saying :""888(bababa),发发发(fafafa)“:laugh:

•••
You guys are like women. You don't know what you want. You just want to have it.

•••
Please have a look on the names I respect your opinion a lot so please see if you can throw some light specially Pinyin in .ws, Club and .biz extensions

Among your LLNN names, I particularly like WG37.com because WG is very versatile. It can represent many Chinese characters, such as 万购 (ten thousands of purchase), 外国 (foreign country), 武功 (Kung Fu), 王冠 (imperial crown), 王国 (kingdom), 玩够 (I have enough in this game), 网购 (Internet buying), and many more. This name can be used in many industries.

MF97.com is also attractive, because it can mean 美房 (beautiful home), a great name for those in the real estate business.

I know LLNNs are not worth much, but I believe they have great potential because LL matches Chinese companies' preference for 2-character names. Even foreign companies such as Microsoft and Google use 2-character Chinese names. So LLN and LLNN good second choice when LL is too expensive.

I'll stick to .com for end user purpose.

•••
I found out (though I'm not that sure) that "Y" is a chinese alphabet
"y" is an acronym for many Pinyin words, such as Yun (云 = cloud), Yao (要 = want), and Yong (用 = use)

how good are .cn domains with English keywords
English words are popular in corporate China, such as TenCent.com, SenseTime.com, and BabyTree.com. Some companies don't even have Chinese names. A good example is listed company VIPKid at VIPKid.com.

•••
where to begin?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Eh, it's dangerous to be Chinese on Namepros - you are going to be swamped by "please apprise xxxx" and "what does xxxx mean" posts and PMs ;)
D-: thanks for your kindful alert.

•••
If China has about 1.380 billion people, the rest of the world has about 5.745 billion people. While China is important, let's not forget about the bigger picture here. :D

•••
Thanks a lot for devoting time and replying. Honestly, these were random buying to test the water. If I can get any good return on them would be great.
Regards.
I think the time for LLNN has not come yet. It's a long term investment.

•••
Hi GuoYongan.

In your opinion, would you say that there is a market in China for VR dot-coms? For example, VRabc.com or VR123.com? I ask specifically relating to the letters VR in the Chinese domains, because VR is an abbreviation for English words?

Thank you for your time.

Regards
Clint.
yes ,vr is very hot, but we'd like to put "vr" at the end of prefix,like 123vr.com.

•••
in china's market, combination is not a good choice, unless it' s less than four or five character. and the companies use combinations with numbers and alphabet are always small companies.
I got snap8 (com) a while ago, I don't know if it's valuable

•••
short characters .lol is also very good :D

.HA would be better as it's more common than LOL and my exe's girlfriend last name was also Ha so common to Chinese too!

•••
I got acquire and recycle because it is a really good keyword. But after reading your messages I now see the importance of learning "pinyin". I might have to stop registering and start learning. :laugh:
Learn first, Invest next

•••
if you domainers have questions about chinese or china's domain name market , please send emails to me

•••
Chinese domaining is NOT new, so westerners trying to get the 'jump' on the locals in the Chinese name space is hilarious.

I'm seeing a lot of people hand regging total rubbish and others who are going to get eaten alive on the aftermarket.
Aren't you the same guy that's selling and probably hand reg'd ( please correct me if I'm wrong)
Best-Drain-Cleaning.com? "I see a lot of people hand regging total rubbish" I think was your quote above. Have a nice day.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back