NameSilo

status-resolved Constant bumps on sales threads, is some what LQ. Why not introduce restrictions.

Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainDropped

Restricted (Market)
Impact
I think NP should at the very least put some type of limit into place in regards to the amount of bumps sales threads can use, or perhaps to charge for the bumps even. I have been looking at some threads recently and it's a little painful when you see someone trying to flog a dead horse with about 100 bumps/starts over and over again.

I want to see new threads on ones that I choose to watch, it's not easy to remember threads you looked at before, this leads to looking at the same old threads that are being spammed with the above. Or perhaps it's just me and nobody else see's this as pretty LQ?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is a rule in NP about Bump.

Min 24 hr / Bump is allowed. we should follow it ;)

•••
I think NP should at the very least put some type of limit into place in regards to the amount of bumps sales threads can use, or perhaps to charge for the bumps even. I have been looking at some threads recently and it's a little painful when you see someone trying to flog a dead horse with about 100 bumps/starts over and over again.

I want to see new threads on ones that I choose to watch, it's not easy to remember threads you looked at before, this leads to looking at the same old threads that are being spammed with the above. Or perhaps it's just me and nobody else see's this as pretty LQ?

Thanks

Most people choose to see what they want to see.

Rather than understanding their names either suck or are overpriced they continue to post them or bump them.

:(

•••
I agree,

I never Bump my listings for more than 4 or 5 times (just to try out different times) and even then I feel it's too much IMHO!

•••
We try to give members as much freedom as we can, but there are limits in place that restrict the number of active sales listings and how often a listing can be bumped. We allow members to choose how they use their limited quota. The more experienced members tend to put their allotment to better use.

I want to see new threads

There is a sort option at the top of the page: [B]Sort By[/B]: [URL='https://www.namepros.com/marketplace/buy-domains?order=post_date']New Listings[/URL] | [URL='https://www.namepros.com/marketplace/buy-domains']Recent Bids[/URL]

You can select "New Listings" and bumps won't affect the listings that you see.

Does that help?

•••
Actually, I may of jumped the gun with my assumption. Having looked I can see the bumps are in fact in intervals and such.

I assume then that there is a restriction in place already, whereby the thread OP can not abuse it.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back