Dynadot

Do you have your own website?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

levinsondomains

Established Member
Impact
Hey folks,
I curious how many of you have their own website, and if you direct traffic to your custom landing page.
In addition, if you mind to share websites that you have that are not built with efty.
Thank you in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I do indeed, it's:
Show attachment 93217

Nothing to do with domains though I'm afraid. :cyclops:
Wow, is that your website?
I checked alexa stats and I see it is a pretty popular website, if it's yours then I'm glad we have someone who knows business on this forum.
Meanwhile my domaining website is below my avatar.

•••
Thank you! I've been building it up for a while now. It might not look like much but it gets plenty of type in traffic from the crazy content that people have created on there.
If you're monetizing the website properly you could make 10k revenue per month easily.

•••
I have built hundreds of websites but it all boils down to the skills and software.
Wysiwyg is how I tought myself I used to use Netscape composer which is still better than what is around today and continually open it with notepad textpad or wordpad to modify anything and get the hang of what everything wrote. Eg learn to do a link, link and image, build a table , put contents in table, frames and so on till you know what your doing. I wouldn't even be able to use this forum properly if never picked up html.

•••
•••
I have my own website, domain portfolio, marketplace here:

https://namecape.com

Scripts / software developed and maintained by me.
Could be a bit daunting, but the pros certainly outweighs the cons.
Thank you.

•••
While i use Efty and Undeveloped, I think to be serious in domain name sales it is almost essential to have your own website as well. I have had one for about a year now, although I continue to expand and embellish it. Here is the link, and I welcome any comments and suggestions.

https://NamesThat.win/

I have moved away from using my site to directly sell domain names, however, and as you will see I encourage through links someone wanting to purchase to go to either a NC Marketplace listing or Undeveloped listing. I am happy to pay their commission for the ease and security of them handling the actual sale and transfer of the name.

I view my site as having the role of promoting the name, rather than direct selling. The most important parts of my site are a full list of all names I have, arranged alphabetically, and a thematic catalogue that for example lists the science, design, etc. names all in one place. They are linked from my main page, but you can also go directly from these links;

Catalog: https://NamesThat.win/categories/catalog.html

Full List: https://NamesThat.win/domains.html

I have a few Adsense ads on my pages. They only generate a tiny amount of revenue, so trying to decide whether to keep them or not, whether they turn people off.

I periodically check and find that in the niches that i specialize in, at least in Canada, I have achieved high ratings on Google search - e.g. if you search "science domain names" I am the third listing.

I have plans of increasing the amount of general content in the form of guides on various brand/name related topics that would be of value to startup or business owners in general, but have only a tiny amount of that yet.

Thanks for any feedback, and I encourage the OP to set up a website.

•••
@stub what do you think of this lander? http://onlinehustle.com/

I "hacked" another one and re-made it into this 1 the other day as a wordpress theme that you can install in a few seconds and easily change the contact info and background img for

Your host is going to happy with you hosting 500 copies of WP just to show 1 landing page per domain ;)

•••
I do have my own website, but it's currently under development. I'm planning to change it's name when it's re-opened. I have many options both brandable and EMD's. My shortlist is currently Stubbler.com, StubHD.com. StubWeb.com, DNStore.com, NameTrader.com. Any and all comments or recommendations are welcome :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
I do have my own website, but it's currently under development. I'm planning to change it's name when it's re-opened. I have many options both brandable and EMD's. My shortlist is currently Stubbler.com, StubHD.com. StubWeb.com, DNStore.com, NameTrader.com. Any and all comments or recommendations are welcome :)

DNStore.com
NameTrader.com

These 2 are awesome names.
I wouldn't go with the personal name.
I see these two names and I immediately know what this site is.

•••
Hi @frank-germany - thanks for taking the time to look and leaving your brief comment. I am assuming what you mean is that you find the matrix of image links on the main and catalog pages reminiscent of the era when html frames were in vogue, but if it is something else, can you please elaborate slightly. I really appreciate your input, and want to make sure I don't misinterpret.

Thanks.

sorry for sounding rude

I didn't mean to insult you at all

my feedback is
your page looks like it hasn't been updated since early 2003

that may not be an advantage to you

•••
Bookmarked this thread to go over it in the future to see what everybody is doing. I do have my own site, NameGala.com, I like the name but I've been flip flopping all over the place on developing it. Bought a couple of themes I liked, but then didn't like it when I activated them. Tried some other solution, then didn't like it. Right now using DomainFolio theme after seeing somebody else using it, DomainBrothers.com, which I kind of liked, but I have do a lot of customization. Obvious stuff like my logo not matching the current colors. Haven't updated it in awhile, so bit of a mess right now. One day, hope to do it up right.

•••
I am also currently developing my own site, hope to make it more functional in upcoming years.
https://www.startuno.com

•••
Wow, that is a fantastic set of resources related to domain name investing, really attractively presented! I really like how it is simple to find the category of what you want, like Escrow, and the use of the logos is an effective and clean presentation.

NP users if you have not already, check out his site! (at domlinks.com)
Thanks for the kind words. I don't get much time to spend on it but I have a few functions I plan to add to the site in the near future and hope to break down the categories more to make it even easier. Any links/sites you'd like me add just let me know. Thanks again.

•••
•••
One of the sites I am currently holding is https://learncrypto.com/ pretty much a basic knowledge base for learning crypto and the blockchain in general..

•••
I have 4,500 domains with major keywords listed on my marketplace at Hot-Domains.com

•••
•••
•••
Yep. It's always more flexible, and more work, running your own website. I actually like Efty. It does provide a great service to us domainers, for very cheap cost. I like the templates and landing page choices. And everything looks great. Integrated Escrow.com. There is nothing, not to like :)
Oh definitely, I like efty as well. I always recommend it as a good starting point for domainers, particularly if one can not make his own webpage. The reason I left efty was that it was not possible to arrange order in which domains appears on marketplace (now it is possible in latest version), and also I wanted to run my own blog and put some additional information, and efty at the moment does not allow that option. Saying that, it is very good solution for many people imo, and they are constantly improving afaik.

•••
For those of you with your own sites just curious what you're doing to prevent fraud and chargebacks with domain sales.

Eveything goes thru Escrow.com :)

•••
Haha. I might as well flush my money then. :xf.laugh:

I don't get your reply? The buyer pays all the escrow fees. I get the full (or agreed) selling price.

•••
Yep. It's always more flexible, and more work, running your own website. I actually like Efty. It does provide a great service to us domainers, for very cheap cost. I like the templates and landing page choices. And everything looks great. Integrated Escrow.com. There is nothing, not to like :)

they were not able to add my portfolio
of more then 5000 names

and that would be not cheap at all

so I established my own place

BuyUsedDomain . com

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back