Dynadot

Do you have your own website?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

levinsondomains

Established Member
Impact
Hey folks,
I curious how many of you have their own website, and if you direct traffic to your custom landing page.
In addition, if you mind to share websites that you have that are not built with efty.
Thank you in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For those of you with your own sites just curious what you're doing to prevent fraud and chargebacks with domain sales.
Get yourself an account on 2CheckOut. That's what i use for my domain shop. Unlike Paypal, they are always at the merchant side, it's virtually impossible to get chargeback from them if the deal is legit. And the buyer can still pay with Paypal via them.

•••
I do indeed, it's:
upload_2018-7-16_19-40-52.png

Nothing to do with domains though I'm afraid. :cyclops:

•••
•••
Have been going back and forth on the idea of running my own website. A few months ago I started developing one on Nametree.com and I was getting quite excited about building it out and promoting it, but life got in the way and I started questioning whether the time I'd put into it is worth the return.

There's something awfully convenient about using an established marketplace to just list your names and wait- even though the commissions add up.

•••
DNStore.com
NameTrader.com

These 2 are awesome names.
I wouldn't go with the personal name.
I see these two names and I immediately know what this site is.

I decided to take @lennco's and @daica85's advice and go with DNStore.com. Thank you both. It's been a long journey getting here. I'll will be forwarding the others to DNStore.com. They are unlikely to be for sale.

•••
I had a portfolio site since 2008. :xf.cool:
But it got shut down back a few years ago because the hosting company I used go out of business.:dead:
Anyway, I just re-build my DomainProfolio website again since this month:xf.laugh:

sc1.png

sc3.png

Last edited:
•••
I left efty few months ago and created brands.international using wix.com solution - it makes me much more flexible :)

•••
I left efty few months ago and created brands.international using wix.com solution - it makes me much more flexible :)

Yep. It's always more flexible, and more work, running your own website. I actually like Efty. It does provide a great service to us domainers, for very cheap cost. I like the templates and landing page choices. And everything looks great. Integrated Escrow.com. There is nothing, not to like :)

•••
Absolutely, imo if you’ve been domaining for more than a year you should know that the real money is in websites! Of course, domains names are always nice to flip, but it is seriously amazing how much income you can pull in off a few websites.

Agreed! I actually started with building web pages ( as income generators not to flip) before stumbling upon the domain flipping scene. That being said websites do take a fair amount of time to run to be truly profitable and keep SEO up.

The one thing that kills me though is watching people pay to have their website designed and then have NO CLUE how to run it or make even the most minor changes. There are people I know who have paid 500+ just to end up with a drag and drop builder site and they can’t even figure out how to run those.

Not that I can complain too much I made a decent side job income for a time tutoring people on how to run their own sites ( and guarantee a few hours of my time was way cheaper than paying their developer to make even a few of their tweaks).

•••
•••
•••
Damn straight, I enjoy my hobby so much that I created a site to waste even more of my free time:

DomainRecap.com

•••
I curious how many of you have their own website, and if you direct traffic to your custom landing page.
I do. It has a contact form on it.

You don't need Efty. You can use Google Forms for free:
  1. Create a contact form in 5 minutes.
  2. Use your registrar's URL forwarding.
  3. Done.
You don't need anything else.

•••
•••
Brandshore.com with highly brandable domain names at very reasonable price (from $100) with FREE LOGO included. Check it out!

•••
•••
•••
Wow, is that your website?
I checked alexa stats and I see it is a pretty popular website, if it's yours then I'm glad we have someone who knows business on this forum.
Meanwhile my domaining website is below my avatar.

Thank you! I've been building it up for a while now. It might not look like much but it gets plenty of type in traffic from the crazy content that people have created on there.

Last edited:
•••
Absolutely, imo if you’ve been domaining for more than a year you should know that the real money is in websites! Of course, domains names are always nice to flip, but it is seriously amazing how much income you can pull in off a few websites.

•••
I'm trying to make a domain shop when I have time, it's not finished yet
DotKing.com

•••
For those looking for feedback on a website, you can get a technical check on your website free using this automated tool from Silktide (no association with company).

http://nibbler.silktide.com/

They only cover 5 of your pages (a paid service at Silktide will do them all and about twice as many tests in report), but they check a lot of things such as: whether you have used titles, proper use of header tags, meta tags, age of site (and domain registration), social media interaction (at least Facebook and Twitter), whether site is mobile friendly, how images are handled and scaled, how many sites link to your site, amount of text per page, how fast the site loads, how the site handles not found pages, whether analytics is used, etc. Very comprehensive.

I think combining automated technical evaluation with views of other users, as is happening here, give the best of both worlds.

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back