Domain Empire

discuss Does BeverlyHills.com point to a tourism page? NOPE!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Very surprised at this. Go check out BeverlyHills.com. Before you do. what would you expect? some website with fancy expensive multi million dollar homes and other real estate? right right?

well you'll be surprised and confused as I was! go check it out. and then come back here to comment.

I was just randomly checking out the dotcom's of some of the most expensive places to live in the world as I own:

PollockPath.com (granted it's misspelling I admit should be Pollock's Path but Pollack Path still takes you to the same searches)
ChelseaKensington.com (expensive real estate in London)

two of the most expensive places to live in the world per square foot.

I was 100% sure I'd find some super luxury classy website on BeverlyHills.com but I was wrong!

beverlyhills.jpg

How can an obvious ultra premium domain like this have a website like that?

1. thee owner wants a truck load of money?
or
2. Beverly Hills already has BeverlyHills.org?

so they don't need the .com?

Think of this like a "case study".

Ask yourself.

What would I do if I had BeverlyHills.com?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I owned this amazing geo domain I would either develop it, try and sell it to a real estate brokerage or city media company, or just hold onto it as a great asset that will probably keep increasing in value as time goes on.

•••
I guess the type-in traffic is converting to a decent amount of sales and, as was just mentioned, the domain just keeps going up in value.

Owning the name ace (.com) too, the owner is likely in no desperate need to sell or develop for financial reasons.

•••
If I owned this amazing geo domain I would either develop it, try and sell it to a real estate brokerage or city media company, or just hold onto it as a great asset that will probably keep increasing in value as time goes on.

thanks but seriously. what do you think of that webpage? Ebay jewelry? seriously?
Wasted Opportunity.

and it redirects to Ace.com?

another thing too.

I see BeverlyHill.com is taken.

does the missing "s" at thee end ruin the value? as in Reg fee?

Last edited:
•••
Yea, I agree with EmotiveDomains, the owner doesn't look like they are in financial need to sell the name. They have an incredible portfolio of names. Also I agree, they are probably using the natural type-in traffic from BeverlyHills.com to gain exposure for the jewelry auctions you see.

•••
thanks but seriously. what do you think of that webpage? Ebay jewelry? seriously?
Wasted Opportunity.

and it redirects to Ace.com?

another thing too.

I see BeverlyHill.com is taken.

does the missing "s" at thee end ruin the value? as in Reg fee?

I think you'll also find they have lots of high quality domains all pointing to that site.

I can understand they wouldn't have time to develop all of them but yes, you'd think they'd put a bit more effort into the one site they all point to.

It's a nice problem to have though.

•••
Yea, I agree with EmotiveDomains, the owner doesn't look like they are in financial need to sell the name. They have an incredible portfolio of names. Also I agree, they are probably using the natural type-in traffic from BeverlyHills.com to gain exposure for the jewelry auctions you see.

I wonder if BeverlyHills.org prevents thee owner of BeverlyHills.com from becoming anything more than what you see on that page?

•••
I think you'll also find they have lots of high quality domains all pointing to that site.

I can understand they wouldn't have time to develop all of them but yes, you'd think they'd put a bit more effort into the one site they all point to.

It's a nice problem to have though.

a great "problem" indeed! :xf.grin:

•••
I wonder if BeverlyHills.org prevents thee owner of BeverlyHills.com from becoming anything more than what you see on that page?

Like jstenn13 mentioned, they have many great names. I just don't think they're bothered about developing.

I know I wouldn't be if I owned those names :xf.smile:

•••
If next month we see on DNJ that this domain sold for $2 million or more, would you be surprised? But few end users are willing to spend serious money on a domain name. Most pay reg fee and no more. Yet normal business expenditures will include spending thousands and thousands of dollars on marketing, professional services, business travel, IT costs, exec bonuses, etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back