Dynadot

debate Domaining is over. Domainers must now drop the domains.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Reallybigidea.com

THIS DOMAIN SOLD. Username is not valid.Top Member
Impact
Domaining is over. Domainers must now drop the domains.
Do you agree?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well even bodis just replied me that all rev down for all..or avg.. so its perfectly normal see to get half yer prev months revenue now.cause global economy affects everything.

•••
Drop all your domains and put the money into Dogecoin there is a massive sale on it. Domaining is over.

•••
Drop all your domains and put the money into Dogecoin there is a massive sale on it. Domaining is over.

Not as long as domaining provides me with a good and stable monthly income.

And Dogecoin. Are you serious, or was it a joke?! Down from over $0.6 in May 2021, to less than $0.06 now.

Last edited:
•••
Not as long as domaining provides me with a good and stable monthly income.

And Dogecoin. Are you serious, or was it a joke?! Down from over $0.6 in May 2021, to less than $0.06 now.
See Doge is 10 times cheaper now

•••
good and stable

the-mask-jim-carrey.gif

•••
See Doge is 10 times cheaper now

yeah, it is like people complaining that they can buy now 3 gallons instead of 2 gallons just few months back for the same money ))

Remember: 1 Doge = 1 Doge ))

•••
•••
•••
You can't know private sales. It doesn't matter "3L .coms, single words, liquids.". Every domain can be sold privately. Nobody has to disclose which domains they buy/sell at which price.

Short term probably not. If there's a downtrend, 5-7 years is not that uncommon. Not a big problem if you look at the bigger picture.

You can't know where is the bottom in a downtrend. Long time ago I bought a share from stock exchange which lost 80% in value, thought it can't go any down. It went another 50-60% down when I sold. Things could still be expensive after serious losses. You can't know where is the bottom. Watch the prices and volumes. This is one of the critical points showing the importance of sufficient and reliable market data. If market data show people keep selling for big losses, people may know something that you don't know yet. It would be a good opportunity to buy or good opportunity to stop bigger losses, it depends on from which point you are looking from and with which data set you rely on.

Once the economic downturn will come to an end, the funds will be there again with an even bigger demand.

It's usually correct if it's a standard, usual economic downturn. But what if it's not ?

Good domains are harder to come by every day. It's always been like this for the past 30 years or so.

You can't know the future especially in fast changing technology. Domains are part of information age technology and it may be the time for domains to retire. Also domains are bought by new startups. In economic decline, it's not difficult to guess there will be less startups, profits of existing businesses will go down. If overall domain prices go down, 3L coms, 1 words, liquids and all domains are affected. I don't think every cheap thing is an opportunity to buy. I did that mistake long time ago, had an expensive lesson.

•••
I don't think the metaverse will take off. Not all new technologies end up being mainstream.

It's usually the technologies that start off as being very boring that really take off decades later (antibiotics, microwave, internet, web, email etc.)

If human interaction through digital devices becomes the de facto way in which we socialize, severe mental issues will become a part of daily life and this will be the beginning of the collapse of the human civilization.

come on. its already started are u blind.. we spend 100 times more time with our fone than with others.

•••
I will do my part. If anyone has any LLL.com I will offer $10 over reg fee. :)

Beats dropping them.

As for the OP's post...No.

Brad
If you have a single English word , three letter dot com or similar DM I will bail you out for 10 dollars a name. Save yourself and get out now I agree.

•••
Domain prices keep breaking new records, just check dnjournal.

yea lol the name is dngear and tld is xyz.. 90percent of everyone else is having worst year

•••
I looked at his names. They are horrible. No wonder he cannot sell them.

Actually, he has a few decent ones, space destroyers .com good book or movie title, home on a lake com, same thing plus could be good for lake home real estate, so while nothing great, not all are horrible, nothing an easy sale in his batch, but a few are decent

•••
I don't think the metaverse will take off. Not all new technologies end up being mainstream.

It's usually the technologies that start off as being very boring that really take off decades later (antibiotics, microwave, internet, web, email etc.)

If human interaction through digital devices becomes the de facto way in which we socialize, severe mental issues will become a part of daily life and this will be the beginning of the collapse of the human civilization.
Yep, spot on there. On the meta, just because the big guys say it's so doesn't make it so and I think the consumers in the end will have the final say on this.

And the socializing via digital probably has already become the de facto manner in which we do.. or at the very least, it is how we perceive it to be. We still have time to keep face to face sacred. There may come a time when the only safe way to interact will be through digital, so we should appreciate face to face as long as we can for the sake of our future generations.

•••
That's very negative talk, I don't see any economy collapsing yet and I don't see it happening anytime soon. Inflation is high, but that was to be expected after the pandemic and after you print trillions of dollars / euros / pounds etc. It will unwind in the next 12 months probably.

The domain market has been fairly even for YEARS, it's in not in a worse state than it was in 2019 for example, sales wise. The real problem I see is that it is not growing, but there's definitely money still left for people who are really into it.

Also, the past 2-3 years I noticed quite a bit more activity here compared to previous period.

another kumbaya guy..there was another around a day ago... u go round calling others negative when it's just being realistic... wars..famine...pandemic.. inflation... I guess that's not enuf for ya to call it a collapse

•••
Domaining is over. Domainers must now drop the domains.
Do you agree?

domaining will be over soon completely or in the way how it works today.

I partially agree, partially disagree. I disagree because it's not over yet. I agree because the end of domaining has started.

•••
Short term. yes. Long term. No.

Short term demand and supply data would be used to forecast short term, long term data would be used to forecast long term. Lack of data is the problem. So forecasting is not reliable based on insufficient data. As a comparison, money and capital markets are near-perfect in this respect, real estate is better than domain market for market data.

Demand will increase, supply decrease. > Prices will go up.

I don't think so for the short term and long term (5 years)

I don't think the demand is actually down, people are just more conscious about where they want to spend their money.

People (small investors) are selling their assets in order to finance their debts and increasing costs.

I'm not too worried actually. Domaining is no different from other investments when the inherit value of the domains are there. Beside the scope of this thread, crypto investors have a bigger problem atm, if you'd ask me.

Domains differ in terms of risks and profit expectations. For me domains are risky investments. Cryptos on the other hand are safer and offer higher profits. Also crypto market has sufficient price and volume data compared to domains, is easier to forecast with technical analysis as well as non-technical analysis. From investor point of view, entering to crypto markets requires less knowledge, holding crypto in cold wallets is safer than holding almost all type of assets including domains, no renewal for instance.

Anyway, the market could be trending downwards for a while but will usually go up again. Could take a couple of years which might be an issue, depending on your business model.

Could take 5 - 7 years in my opinion.

I think if you have the means to buy, now is the time to get better quality domains at a discount.

For highly skilled persons in quick buys-sells circles, maybe. I don't think that the next 5 years is the best time to hold domains for long term. Because overall domain prices will likely go down in inflation adjusted value for 5 years or so. Currently the main issue is to protect assets from inflation and other macroeconomic variables, lowering apparent risks, rather than increasing profits. Everyone is different. Someone may make good profits while almost everyone is trying to avoid losses.

These are my personal opinions, not professional investment advice.

Last edited:
•••
@DNGear Drop your XYZ portfolio. Stop making money
Disagree , she should gift her 10 best remaining names to me first. Let’s not be wasteful.

•••
That's only YOUR perspective, it's not the same for everyone else. Resell is still working - and well for some of us (although yes, pinpoint sales are good so your angle is a viable one)

See the sales reports thread. I'm reporting sales there almost daily, and my overall sales are increasing despite the market downfall, and continues / will continue to do so. It's not by accident, I've worked hard and getting better at the game - that's the simple answer.

If one can't get significantly better at what they are doing in such times, then yes, the solution is to bail out or focus on something that works for them.

why ain't a modest one
...so u say everyone whose sales are down now is cause they are not good enuf and did not improve.. what a sad case u are heh

•••
•••
Technologies go get obsolete and are replaced by better ones.

Domain names are foundational to the WWW, and this system of accessing websites through them has been working perfectly for over 30 years without any major changes.

For domain names to be dead, you will have to fundamentally alter the way in which the WWW works. I can't imagine that happening any time in the near future (read: 20-30 years down the line).

right. u cant imagine it so it won't happen. no comment.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back