Dynadot

debate Domaining is over. Domainers must now drop the domains.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Reallybigidea.com

THIS DOMAIN SOLD. Username is not valid.Top Member
Impact
Domaining is over. Domainers must now drop the domains.
Do you agree?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will do my part. If anyone has any LLL.com I will offer $10 over reg fee. :)

Beats dropping them.

As for the OP's post...No.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
200w.gif

•••
•••
everybody is on different times. A baby is being born, and elderly person is dying, a traffic cop is hit by a car, someone is in an award ceremony, etc. You have to think if what is being said is just being said to you or for you to share with others. No matter what you are going thru, there are at least two paths from it. ty.

•••
I will miss this community.
Thanks, everyone.

•••
Maybe the moderators needs to start vetting new threads before they are published.

•••
Do you agree?

Maybe domaining is over for you, but not for everyone?

Your statement doesn't necessarily apply to the domain industry itself, but to any business ventures out there.

Bad investments and decisions often lead to different phases of frustration and in this case even having an individual trying to convince an entire community with a lot of success stories that it's not worth it anymore.

What happened? How is your experience in the domain industry so far? Without any context or evidence, your statement is nothing but a personal opinion based on an unsuccessful attempt to make it.

I really don't intentionally mean to sound rude here, but taking the time to clearly explain your point of view would be beneficial for everyone reading this thread, yourself included.

Last edited:
•••
Do you agree?
*Edit: to drop hand regs, meta, "brandables", hyphenated and low value domains.

Obviously LLL.COMs are worth something.

The problem is that you really need to learn more and improve the quality of your porfolio.

When i look at your domains (https://creativedomainnames.com/) then i can see that nearly all domains are hand-registered. That is not the way it works (in my opinion).

Domaining is not an get rich quick thing. And it is not an "i register a bunch of domains i like and be successful" story. You need to learn, study daily sales, test some things, buy at the aftermarket, look for valuable opportunities the others don't see and the most important: be patient....

Last edited:
•••
However many domainers would verify that prices are dropping constantly. Prices, demand and supply volumes would be good indicators of the direction. But having real numbers about the whole second hand domain market is simple impossible. So, providing proofs is simply impossible, at least for me.
Domain prices keep breaking new records, just check dnjournal.

•••
Honestly, if a website doesn't have an app I don't come back as it looks so unprofessional.
I would be pretty annoyed if I was trying to find a plumber or something, and I had to download their stupid app for that narrow use.

It would be easier just to call them or send an email, than adding some bloatware app on my phone.

Brad

•••
Ah it's fine. We get these doom and gloom threads ever so often. Usually from someone who thinks that just because it's the end of domaining days for them, it applies to everyone.

Of note always dig into an OP's post history if interested in the authenticity of their proclamations. Sometimes they just need to vent.

But yes, domaining is definitely over. Also, .com is done and web3 is a fallacy.

Chin-up OP, and what up? Looking at some of your domains in your signature, "weeekly" "seachr", consider a quality control issue in your personal inventory.

•••
Fake useless currencies are still worth 30k. Domains have value even without speculation. They have a long time to die.

•••
Honestly, if a website doesn't have an app I don't come back as it looks so unprofessional.
This website doesn't seem to have one. Goodbye :)

•••
•••
•••
I think trends are always dying and new ones beginning. So domainers should always be considering what is still worth holding, and what should be dropped. And at same time where the new opportunities are.

While their are definitely some storm clouds on the horizon currently, I feel confident that domains as we know them will play a central role in the online world for many years.

-Bob

Last edited:
•••
*Edit: to drop hand regs, meta, "brandables", hyphenated and low value domains.

Obviously LLL.COMs are worth something.

I see where you are coming from, from your other posts. No sales in the past 3 months... that is definitelly depressing.

But I would not call it quits yet. The truth is, the game continues.

It's just going harder and if you were on the edge previously, it would take you beyond the edge, where you don't wanna be (losses). But only if you don't up your game, which is what I have been doing lately.

Also, you have to rely much less on your preferences (as many domainers here do) and much more on what the market asks for. That means, more research, more expensive buys, pinpoint sales. If you have been doing inbound only, well, time for some outbound and a plan.

•••
I would be pretty annoyed if I was trying to find a plumber or something, and I had to download their stupid app for that narrow use.

It would be easier just to call them or send an email, than adding some bloatware app on my phone.

Brad
Sort of reminds me of when you sit at some restaurants and there's a little thing on the table that says "you can pay via the app, try it!". I just go up and pay anyway, screw the app

Last edited:
•••
Lol, app. Yeah. App killed the domain name.

It'll have to be a lot more than an app. Video didn't kill the radio star, btw.

•••
•••
Some was catched. Most was rereg.

*Edit the first post: the domainining is over since 2022 because nft, metaverse and global financial crisis (coming soon)...

And special for me: i can not anymore withdrawal funds from Afternic. I sold a domain successfully transfered to the buyer but not received the money.
So as others have said, domaining might be over for you. It is not an easy field and there is no shame in that.

However, others are still making plenty of sales.

To make wide projections based on limited personal experience is a logical fallacy.

As far as Afternic goes, have you contacted their support?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
this reminds me of a U2 song, Where the streets have no names. Nothing on earth will not be labeled. Its just not in us. If we dont know the name we will describe what we see anyway til there is a name for it. Thus if you come to the internet you will enter something on the keyboard. You wont just look at your computer off and then get up and say well that is a computer. You have a directional path on the internet just like in life and you will follow the signs to that destiny. Its just a natural and system flow of things. ty.

•••
Ironic, asking why a thread keeps up. Whilst posting a reply. Should I give the solution?

•••
Let me help out. I'll pay 20$ for all your LLL.com and LLLL.com.

I want to drop it for you so you don't drop em for free.

As for the OP's post= Maybe😏

•••
A statement that is obviously false.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back