Chieff

Established Member
Impact
I have suggestion that downvoting should be removed from forum

Downvoting facilitate mob mentality

Don't know why community like namepros still have it

Reasons:

1. It stops ppl from sharing different opinions
2. People don't want to see difference in opinion use downvote as a tool to pull down

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It has been months since the start of the thread but NP staff did not reply to this thread either Why they keep the down voting or Will they remove it?

•••
For the NPs Admins & Ownership ... Open / Public message:

Remove angry bird anon Up & Down voting before is too late. You know it is harmful / hate collector / and I know where this will end. (And you know I can predict the outcome based on external data ... Back in 2019 I warn you about the E RM promo but you didn't want to understand... + you allowed the dot Best CEO shameless shilling).

I'm asking to roll back, update ToS + start respecting what other people have to say & suggest - based on their experience. More and more positive thinking members starts to contribute ZERO. Only a bunch of us trying to bring common sense - the rest ... well, go figure.

Enough is Enough.

Regards

Last edited:
•••

NP staff playing their own play. They are rules makers here.​

Exactly. And the rules makers have created a section in this forum, Suggestions and Feedback.
That's why this thread makes sense.

•••
Oh come on! We are all grown-ups here, downvotes shouldn't stop you from anything, get some inspiration from @QUAD DOMAINS 😄
In other words those against anonymous downvoting haven't grown up
(y)

Impact scores are treated as a sign of how credible a forum's member is. Maybe they aren't a trustworthy sign for that, but willy nilly that's how they are treated.
Someone with a low Impact score is considered inexperienced.
Someone with a negative Impact score is considered a troll.

Maybe those against anonymous downvoting have more self-esteem than him and you and don't like to risk to be considered trolls.
That doesn't mean that we are snowflakes.

•••
Not sure why any’d want anon downvotes…
Thank you to all who voted in my thread:
Made it after i was Inspired by this thread!

IMG_5224.jpeg

https://www.namepros.com/threads/downvoting-should-not-be-anonymous.1302308/#post-8921983

Last edited:
•••
(y)

Impact scores are treated as a sign of how credible a forum's member is. Maybe they aren't a trustworthy sign for that, but willy nilly that's how they are treated.

Maybe those against anonymous downvoting have more self-esteem than him and you and don't like to risk to be considered trolls.
The fact it’s anonymous almost incentivizes the shilling.
The fact hurts impact score is insult to injury. Well said!!

Last edited:
•••
For the NPs Admins & Ownership ... Open / Public message:

Remove angry bird anon Up & Down voting before is too late. You know it is harmful / hate collector / and I know where this will end. (And you know I can predict the outcome based on external data ... Back in 2019 I warn you about the E RM promo but you didn't want to understand... + you allowed the dot Best CEO shameless shilling).

I'm asking to roll back, update ToS + start respecting what other people have to say & suggest - based on their experience. More and more positive thinking members starts to contribute ZERO. Only a bunch of us trying to bring common sense - the rest ... well, go figure.

Enough is Enough.

Regards
Keep anonymous upvotes.
i’m like that positive santa with upvote gifts.
Sometimes i give them to neutralize negative.

What you are suggesting is too radical, when NP moves to change at a snail’s pace. I would be delighted if anonymous downvotes are begone! You can do it, NP.

Last edited:
•••
•••
(y)

👎 So, the biggest issue with anonymous downvoting is that it doesn't leave ANY room whatsoever for context UNLESS the downvote is paired with a written explanation of WHY it was given. There are "default upvoters and downvoters". Default upvoters and downvoters are likely the people who lean too heavily into the NamePros badge count and profile stats rather than the actual content itself after so long. I could say "water is wet" and there are people who will downvote this simple, and true, statement by default because of QUAD's history of being downvoted. However, if someone more decorated like say @bobhawkes says "water is dry" he'll likely get upvotes by default. Regardless of whether it's true or not. People will likely downvote this comment just because of that last sentence. Thank goodness Bob likely understands the reason for the example.

🤐 The Namepros upvote and downvote system is flawed to say the least. It's one of the platform's value-reducing elements. The lack of context allows a skewed narrative to be sculpted about a poster even if they're respectful, convey a sound perspective and keep the conversation going despite mob-like criticism and downvotes. Unfortunately, Namepros doesn't offer badges for resilient posters. If you dig into Quad's posting history you'll notice we've NEVER been rude or anything. We've planted seeds for healthy dialogue; but have been met with resistance when the Namepros status-quo is challenged. This makes Namepros feel more like a "club" than an "open-forum". Nevertheless, they have the power to run it as they please; and anyone who doesn't like it can scadaddle. Even those who lead with healthy dialogue. It's one heck of a dynamic; and definitely seems like narrative control.

Last edited:
•••
@QUAD DOMAINS,
You are the classiest guy here and you dont deserve -199 impact (as of this moment)

You take everything in stride; and i strongly believe taking away anonymity would reduce it by 90% more. You’re a good man!! Not once lost your cool. Thank you.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
After 60 replies and 2K views and nothing happen - No reply No comment from the staff
So let forget about this one and move on to something else.

•••
After 60 replies and 2K views and nothing happen - No reply No comment from the staff
So let forget about this one and move on to something else.
Those downvotes are from me, @johnn.

•••
I think the downvotes must be from NP staff and I don't really care.
I am just telling the truth. It does not matter you downvote or not. They just ignore the request. Period.

•••
I think the downvotes must be from NP staff and I don't really care.
I am just telling the truth. It does not matter you downvote or not. They just ignore the request. Period.
i said me (not them, lol, since i believe in transparency)

Feb 28, 2023 is when thread formed… I have hope… Probably, too optimistic; but i will try @Bravo Mod Team one last time.

Last edited:
•••
I'm leaving this forum because of this shit. It's a very sick place with lots of anonymous downvoters. I don't feel comfortable here.
Best of luck to everybody.

•••
Yes its a joke. Keep anonymous upvotes but not downvotes.
If someone wants to lower your impact, show your np face and limit it to one
@abstractdomainer got hammered for prob 1000 invisible downvotes.
I tried to even it out but someone doesnt have a job. Where i am hard at work now
Amazing we can talk about the quality of namepros and have a paying member leave with no input from higher powers.
Make sure you cancel your upgrade @Blueleaf66 before you close your account. All the best to you.
Maybe this invisible downvoting costing them money will help make a difference to them.

If you dont improve things they wont go up in value
~Bob P

•••
I tried to even it out but someone doesnt have a job. Where i am hard at work now
Amazing we can talk about the quality of namepros and have a paying member leave with no input from higher powers.
Make sure you cancel your upgrade @Blueleaf66 before you close your account. All the best to you.
Maybe this invisible downvoting costing them money will help make a difference to them.

~Bob P
Thanks buddy. All the best to you.

•••

~Bob P
i forgot about @abstractdomainer
this is probably why he doesnt log in anymore.

@QUAD DOMAINS comes to mind, disgusting; what they do to him. Mel takes it all in stride; the nicest guy on NP; and does not deserve the negative impact;

at least @Blueleaf66 impact score exceeds his or her post count, blueleaf66 is still in a very good position.

All the best to you! i pray NP removes anon dv.

Last edited:
•••
Keep the anon upvotes; i like spreading positivity; even if it’s anonymous positivity.

But this is the only forum which seems to revel in anonymous negative downvotes. NP incentivizes bullies; it’s worse than twitter

Last edited:
•••

@QUAD DOMAINS comes to mind, disgusting; what they do to him. Mel takes it all in stride; the nicest guy on NP; and does not deserve the negative impact;

at least @Blueleaf66 impact score exceeds his or her post count, blueleaf66 is still in a very good position.

All the best to you! (And i hope NP removes anon dv)
Completely agree with you regarding QUAD. I don't get what's going on.

Personally, I don't care about the score etc.,but seeing lots of good folks being CONSTANTLY downvoted and experiencing it myself, I can't agree with this practice. So I just asked for account closure. Lots of good folks here, though. Really.

Last edited:
•••
@QUAD DOMAINS,
You are the classiest guy here and you dont deserve -199 impact (as of this moment)

You take everything in stride; and i strongly believe taking away anonymity would reduce it by 90% more. You’re a good man!! Not once lost your cool. Thank you.

Samer
@Samer,

🙏 Thank you so very much. Taking it all in stride has a lot to do with not wanting others to believe a downvote means you're wrong. There are likely tons of folks who stay on the sidelines of key discussions on this platform because they fear ridicule for having a point of view that's different despite being constructive. It's truly disheartening.

😡 There are some people in life that are led by negativity; and it's reasonable to expect folks like this exist on the NamePros platform. It's not fair; nor is it right. However, it's the reality. The gravity of this reality can be heavier on some days more than others; but it never steers QUAD from being a voice of reason, fairness and respect. Thank you.

👤Mel
QUAD Domains

Last edited:
•••

Personally, I don't care about the score etc.,but seeing lots of good folks being CONSTANTLY downvoted and experiencing it myself, I can't agree with this practice. So I just asked for account closure. Lots of good folks here, though. Really.
🙏 @Blueleaf66 Thank you. It's just as puzzling to have a negative score despite NEVER partaking in anything negative. (No cursing, no down-talking other members, no scathing critique of others' domain registrations. None of it.) Yet, there's irony in the fact some tenured NamePros members do these exact things and their "impact score" doesn't reflect it. There's obviously a bias on NamePros; but it's not enough to steer QUAD away from constructive dialogue.

🤝 After realizing logic and positivity are downvoted here, and mods reserve the right to dismiss whomever they please for ANY reason, it became clear contributing to this particular forum isn't about the domain investing more than it's about keeping the idea that "what's good and respectful is resilient" alive. Yes, better was once expected from the platform's members; but now it's about being the CHANGE you wish to see. This is one reason QUAD continues to post here; while appreciating individuals like you.

👤Mel
QUAD Domains

Last edited:
•••

All the best to you! i pray NP removes anon dv.

I am not a fan of anonymous downvoting. I have opened a thread in this section about it, at least once.

I have mentioned it many times in posts, in fact several of those posts have been removed by mods.

None of those downvotes are from me. On rare occasions, I will leave a dislike. But, that is public.

I think it is clear that certain subjects and users unfairly attract excessive downvotes.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
They removed your posfs. Off topic 😂
Threads like this boost our STR
I voted in your thread samer

•••
There are likely tons of folks who stay on the sidelines of key discussions on this platform because they fear ridicule for having a point of view that's different despite being constructive.
(y)

Downvoting doesn't help in any way to enrich a forum's life.
It has only an intimidating effect, it keeps people from posting opinions which they deem being unpopular within this forum.
The fear of becoming a target for the downvoting mob

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back