IT.COM

Epik.com Seizes Domain, Threatens to Transfer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Boutique Ink

Established Member
Impact
I previously transferred all of my domains to Epik.com because of @Rob Monster’s principled defense of free speech. But now, I’m questioning the wisdom of that decision.

An unnamed “complainant” claims to own one of my domains, and Epik.com is implicitly threatening to transfer the domain to them. (The complainant doesn’t own the domain; I do.)

Isn’t this a dispute for ICANN or the courts to resolve but not Epik.com?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Once the transfer has been initiated and accepted at the new registrar you can go into your Epik account and "accept" the transfer which will make it almost instant. Go to you transfers tab and then outgoing. Last time I moved some domains out it took 15 mins from start to finish.

On Epik’s dashboard, it appears I can only request domain transfer authorization codes one at a time. Is there a bulk option?

•••
You are upset because you wanted to bounce the name around to different registrars just to spite this person and be difficult.

The one who is certainly being spiteful here is the "client" who paid at least $1500 to file a UDRP ($1500 is the minimum), without having paid any money to OP at all, even for domain renewals.

Even at GoDaddy, I've seen some domains before where the ownership info said "Reclaimed Domains"... and I read GoDaddy reps say that's because if a registrant's payment bounced back, then GoDaddy will take the domains back and sell them in the auctions.

In this case, the "client" never even paid anything to OP.

It really wasn't good for either party to arrange the site setup in a such an informal way, for the domain registration and site development. But it's also not reasonable for the client to pay $1500+ for a UDRP instead of paying anything at all to OP.

Last edited:
•••
So as it can be seen from your other thread, there is a UDRP filed against your domain. Every registrar is obliged to lock the domain in such situation.

Epik locked the domain without a UDRP complaint. They said their internal review could take up to three weeks.

Last edited:
•••
I need a premium registrar for my best domains. (Cost isn’t the primary concern.) I’m looking for a company with a strong respect for due process and personal property rights.

Could someone suggest an appropriate service provider? It’s not Epik.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back