Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

podaf

Established Member
Impact
Hello
I have renewed some domains at epik .com on 6/1/2023
They took payment. but they didn't renew my domains
I have contacted them Yesterday. There is no answer until now.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Honestly Speaking, everyone saying they're facing renewal and registration issues.

But why i've not faced a single problem on epik and i have almost moved 15 domains from epik to dynadot for fasttransfer...!!

Even i sold a .co domain on afternic 3 months ago even this domain was expired and in i think grace period or something and when i try to renew this showing additional cost of $80 then i talk to epik support then they remove additional cost and i renew in normal fee.
And then i got auth code from epik and was also afraid if this transfer not complete but, this transfer was quick and was very happy.

So, i'm really surprised, why you guys facing registration and renewals problems.

Thanks,
Ali

•••
Honestly Speaking, everyone saying they're facing renewal and registration issues.

But why i've not faced a single problem on epik and i have almost moved 15 domains from epik to dynadot for fasttransfer...!!

Even i sold a .co domain on afternic 3 months ago even this domain was expired and in i think grace period or something and when i try to renew this showing additional cost of $80 then i talk to epik support then they remove additional cost and i renew in normal fee.
And then i got auth code from epik and was also afraid if this transfer not complete but, this transfer was quick and was very happy.

So, i'm really surprised, why you guys facing registration and renewals problems.

Thanks,
Ali
What you are talking about seems to be mainly transfer related.

The issues are with registrations and renewals. People were paying for them, and they were not being processed in a timely manner, if at all.

The ICANN breach notice references "hundreds" of these issue with registrations and renewals.

https://www.icann.org/uploads/compliance_notice/attachment/1205/hedlund-to-royce-1jun2023.pdf

Brad

Last edited:
•••

The issues are with registrations and renewals. People were paying for them, and they were not being processed.

The ICANN breach notice references "hundreds" of these issue with registrations and renewals.

https://www.icann.org/uploads/compliance_notice/attachment/1205/hedlund-to-royce-1jun2023.pdf

Brad
Brad, i can't say anything bad about epik if i'm not faced a single problem there, i'm attaching a proof where i have transferout many domains.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230612_085340.jpg
    Screenshot_20230612_085340.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_2023_0612_085306.jpg
    Screenshot_2023_0612_085306.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20230612_084936.jpg
    IMG_20230612_084936.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 65
•••
Last edited:
•••
Brad, i can't say anything bad about epik if i'm not faced a single problem there, i'm attaching a proof where i have transferout many domains.
Alright, no one is asking you to say anything bad.

You popped in the thread and said your transfers worked. Cool.

The overall problems with registration and renewals have been well documented on here, Twitter, Trustpilot, etc. They are also outlined in the ICANN breach notice.

Transfers have not been as big of an issue, at least outgoing.

The issue was mainly when money had to leave Epik's system, probably because they stiffed all their registry partners.

Saw this from a tweet on 6/9 -

Today I am pleased to announce that the $1800 invoice I submitted in March 2023 to renew my domains has been processed and my domain names have been renewed

So it took them like (3) months to process those renewals, which is absurd.

It takes every other major registrar under a minute basically.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Thanks,
Ali
If you have any .xyz domains at epik ( expired), check at time can't renew or transfer out.... Problem not solved

1st self asked,

👉Why suddenly remove online chat or support
👉Why stooped custom mail reply ( I not received reply, my 30 days ago message)

•••
If you have any .xyz domains at epik ( expired), check at time can't renew or transfer out.... Problem not solved

1st self asked,

👉Why suddenly remove online chat or support
👉Why stooped custom mail reply ( I not received reply, my 30 days ago message)
No i've transfered only .com and .co domains and i don't have any .xyz domain on epik....
But honestly speaking, i'm using epik last from 3 years and not occured any problem on there or might be possible this problem facing who has large amount of order, but in my case in 3 months i just renewed 20 .com domains in a single day.

•••
Alright, no one is asking you to say anything bad.

You popped in the thread and said your transfers worked. Cool.

The overall problems with registration and renewals have been well documented on here, Twitter, Trustpilot, etc. They are also outlined in the ICANN breach notice.

Transfers have not been as big of an issue, at least outgoing.

The issue was mainly when money had to leave Epik's system, probably because they stiffed all their registry partners.

Saw this from a tweet on 6/9 -

Today I am pleased to announce that the $1800 invoice I submitted in March 2023 to renew my domains has been processed and my domain names have been renewed

So it took them like (3) months to process those renewals, which is absurd.

It takes every other major registrar under a minute basically.

Brad
Yes, i'm also saying, might be possible this renewals problems only facing those, who have more than $1000 order.

•••
•••

The issues are with registrations and renewals. People were paying for them, and they were not being processed in a timely manner, if at all.

Brad
No no, i've also renew few .com & .co domains as well, in last 4months, but not faced similar problem that op mentioned in his thread..

Last edited:
•••
My life destroyed.

Huge volume my domain dropped, because not work renew and transfer out.

It's unacceptable situation.

But it's my fault, I trust and registered name and continue renew.

•••
My life destroyed.

Huge volume my domain dropped, because not work renew and transfer out.

It's unacceptable situation.

But it's my fault, I trust and registered name and continue renew.
I would file a complaint with ICANN, regarding renewals. This is relevant to the issues with their current breach notice.

https://www.icann.org/compliance/complaint

The fault is with Epik. They were not able to carry out the basic functions of a registrar.

They should be forced to provide reasonable compensation for every domain that was lost due to their incompetence.

Brad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back