IT.COM

.tv FirstName.tv

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Coopey

Member of the YearVIP Member
Impact
I have a bunch of these (mostly relatively common, Western European languages, female names) that I have collected, of which a good portion I will likely sell in a month-or-two.

There are some popular sites e.g. Justin.tv and they are one of the better 'vanity' extensions in my opinion.

Obviously it all depends on the name, and how much someone (probably with that name) is willing/able to pay, but does anyone have a rough opinion what they're worth? Any anecdotal evidence on the value of firstname.tvs?

S~

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Sid, have not seen you for awhile all the best with the baby.

Heather sold in the Snapnames auction for $1150, Kathleen was not bid on. Joe,Jodi and Kurt got no bids either.

I have sold some female names in the $25 to $70 range nothing more. I currently hold a couple but they have personal meaning (one of my sisters names, and the other niece name which also has other meaning). I think you need to get lucky to get bigger sale, meaning you need the right person to come along and want the name. I would imagine many named Joe watched the snapnames auction but did not feel the urge to bid for the name. Best of luck selling and more importantly best of luck with the birth.

•••
This subject came up shortly ago in another thread. But in the case of Justin, I think it's meant to be "just in". I have my first name and I like the idea of owning these types! Please PM a list of your names but only if you intend to sell :)

•••
^^^ hahhaha i never even realized that, Just In,
always thought it was some guy Justin's site
wow:lol:

•••
Its Justin because the founder name is Justin. Its supposed to be the male first name. You were right BD.

•••
^^^ hahhaha i never even realized that, Just In,
always thought it was some guy Justin's site
wow:lol:
:lol: I promise, it took me a minute to put it together as well.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Its Justin because the founder name is Justin. Its supposed to be the male first name. You were right BD.

Well he got 2x the meaning with that one!

•••
Kieth said:
This subject came up shortly ago in another thread. But in the case of Justin, I think it's meant to be "just in". I have my first name and I like the idea of owning these types! Please PM a list of your names but only if you intend to sell

I thought I remembered the discussion, but a forum search didn't turn up satisfactory results! I will try again.

Heather sold in the Snapnames auction for $1150, Kathleen was not bid on. Joe,Jodi and Kurt got no bids either.

I saw Heather sell and Joe not (too high a reserve on that one I thought). Didn't see the other two.

I have sold some female names in the $25 to $70 range nothing more.
I think you need to get lucky to get bigger sale, meaning you need the right person to come along and want the name.

Pretty much what I would have expected. The only sales I've found so far are all around the $30-$50 mark.
I'm not hoping or expecting to get lucky, but if/when I sell I'd like to recoup costs.

Best of luck selling and more importantly best of luck with the birth.

Cheers Ray!

S~

Last edited:
•••
i have about 75 first names now, some very frequent and picked firstname.tv for a site exclusively for these names
Sold gerald.tv recently at sedo and i think that many people
like to have a video site with their name

•••
Sold gerald.tv recently at sedo and i think that many people
like to have a video site with their name

yep! 4 months ago steve.tv went on auction at sedo and only sold for $450, I was on the phone with my friend Steve at the time and he did not want to spend the money..

With Jason.tv I get around 100 users a day from people confused with Justin.tv

thanks,

Jason

•••
i think reserve of $5000 for joe .........TOO HIGH FOR A SALE

•••
yep! 4 months ago steve.tv went on auction at sedo and only sold for $450, I was on the phone with my friend Steve at the time and he did not want to spend the money..

With Jason.tv I get around 100 users a day from people confused with Justin.tv

thanks,

Jason

Steve.TV is a great name.

It's too bad that I didn't know about the auction :(.

I would've made a better offer for it.

•••
i think reserve of $5000 for joe .........TOO HIGH FOR A SALE

I think quite the opposite.
Of course resellers dont have any motivation to pay that kind of money but first names .tv's aren't made for resellers.

•••
wasn't the reserve $1,000 for joe.tv?

Jason

•••
•••
There are still great first names to reg available at the mid xxx range.

No reseller is picking them up at this price.

If GoDaddy sold premiums I'm sure most of them would have gone - most in the general public would not understand that the names are available at other registrars.

If you have Top10Name.TV then you can ask X,XXX+ but if you have an available name like Adrian.TV then it's $500 from the registry. It's dependent on someone who wants to have their name.

You might have Top10Name.TV and not sell it for anything and have PilotInspektor.TV and sell it for $1K. It's probably the most volatile/unpredictable investment.

I wouldn't recommend owning lots of them and hoping for a sale - when it comes to first names people are happy with .me, .im, .ws, .anything and will settle for cheaper options. I think.

A name like Joe is slightly different because Joe is a very brandable name. Everyone knows a Joe :)

I'd personally rather have my nickname.. which I do... but the .com version ;)

Last edited:
•••
What you think abou surenames
Mine works well for my emails

•••
•••
I think first names are worth to invest - why not? Maybe some new Justin will appear.

I personally have only 5 girls names in Polish :)

Don't know about surnames, cause I had a problems with my surename dot tv domain - people had some negative emotions about it (especcialy in US - dunno why) - it is nice sounding - genovese.tv
Who knows.

•••
If you have John.TV then you can ask 2K if you have Adrian.TV then it's $500.

Well, I have John but not selling for $2K atmo but I do know that resellers wont pay more than $2K-$3K even for this popular firstname .tv.

Anyone that has a popular first name .tv domain its wiser to hold than to resell cheaply just to learn later it has been sold for lots more. This happened to me once, wont happen again(it wasnt a first name .tv).

•••
Well, I have <COMMON FIRSTNAME> but not selling for $2K atmo but I do know that resellers wont pay more than $2K-$3K even for this popular firstname .tv.

Anyone that has a popular first name .tv domain its wiser to hold than to resell cheaply just to learn later it has been sold for lots more. This happened to me once, wont happen again(it wasnt a first name .tv).

Sorry. I should not have used a specific name but it's hard to make a point without doing so. You're lucky to hold one of the most likely used examples My point was purely pointing out the obvious that some of the Top 10 world names are worth holding. Yours has a double meaning going for it also! I didn't intend to put a specific value on it !

I'm editing my prior post and this should you want to do the same. I don't want to involve/interfere myself in anyone elses domains :)

----

Using example domains causes issue - I need to continue to remember that. It's like the feted example.com!

Last edited:
•••
Well mentioned first name is a very common one so I was expecting to be commented here at least once.

•••
Well mentioned first name is a very common one so I was expecting to be commented here at least once.

Cool :) John.TV is, imho, the BEST one. lol!

•••
maybe followed by steve ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back