IT.COM

GoDaddy - Currency Switching Issue

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Every single time I log into GoDaddy my currency is being auto-shifted from USD (my default currency) to CAD, as apparently some bozo at GD thinks that your Geo location should automatically override your DEFAULT CURRENCY in settings.

This is getting really bad as I keep getting counter offers that I look at quickly (it's also a very small font + high rez screen) that I initially think are in USD - I sometimes have to stop myself from hitting "Accept" because my brain is always in USD-mode at GoDaddy.

Too bad their system consistently ignores my USD Default Currency Settings.

Someone needs to fix this ASAP as it's been this way since the Beta/Preview system was introduced. Before that, there was no problem.

@GoDaddy

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They wouldn't :( A few months ago something was changed on GD end. Struggling with them for months, similar case, but with GBP (British Pounds). To make things worse, I'm not in UK, but I see Pounds everywhere - either logged-in or no. Sent all the screenshots, videos, sessions etc. to my account manager - no changes so far...

•••
It does that since forever.

I just have to switch it back each time.

•••
It does that since forever.

I just have to switch it back each time.

I used to have a problem here and there with the currency switching, but now it's every single time I login, and that's new territory, at least for me.

And it only started the first time I got the Preview Build of GoDaddy 2.0.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back