Dynadot

Have you actually seen HugeDomain's domains?!

NameSilo
Watch
I've looked at them and to me none of them look like they'd sell. Looks like garbage to me...

Domains like Buybuybuybuy.com for example (I made that up)

How do they pull this off? Don't get me wrong, they have my respect. It's something I would never be able to do; building a monster business.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've looked at them and to me none of them look like they'd sell. Looks like garbage to me...

How do they pull this off? Don't get me wrong, they have my respect. It's something I would never be able to do; building a monster business.
Volume. The ones they do sell more than make up for the ones that don’t. Many/most of their names had previous owners so somebody already liked them at least once

•••
They also own things like...

SelfDrivingCar.com, CreditScores.com, YOL.com, RentalTrucks.com, HandTools.com, HomeDecorations.com, OnlineCampus.com, AutoAuctions.com, FastShare.com, RoofingRepair.com...

One of those sales pays for a lot of lower domains, and if 1 lower domain sells for $3000 that pays for the reg fees for hundreds of the lower quality ones, in hopes that another lower quality sells... Volume volume volume...

•••
•••
They also own things like...

SelfDrivingCar.com, CreditScores.com, YOL.com, RentalTrucks.com, HandTools.com, HomeDecorations.com, OnlineCampus.com, AutoAuctions.com, FastShare.com, RoofingRepair.com...

One of those sales pays for a lot of lower domains, and if 1 lower domain sells for $3000 that pays for the reg fees for hundreds of the lower quality ones, in hopes that another lower quality sells... Volume volume volume...
I didn't see those! Yeah those are phenomenal lol

Last edited:
•••
I didn't see those! Yeah those are phenomenal lol
Empty the search box, hit enter, then sort by price high to low... a lot of nice ones in there!

•••
Empty the search box, hit enter, then sort by price high to low... a lot of nice ones in there!
I see now! I can learn a lot just by studying their high price stuff...

•••
I set it to 500 domains per page... x700 pages... 350,000 domains

As of 2021 they have over 4 million... O_o

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think Hugedom is an affiliated ICAAN or Verisign partner so no need to pay for the renewals. Do you really think that HD spend 50 million dollars yearly for renewal on their junk domains?

•••
I think Hugedom is an affiliated ICAAN or Verisign partner so no need to pay for the renewals. Do you really think that HD spend 50 million dollars yearly for renewal on their junk domains?
Maybe... only because Huge Domains is owned by Turn Commerce, Turn commerce also owns DropCatch & NameBright... gotta come up with the tax write offs somewhere!

•••
Well, the end users that buy domains are not domainers, but businesses that need a name and usually don't care if it's too long or brandable enough. They just have the money to buy it. HG know that and also know that some end users would happily spend 2-3K for a name. In that sea of end users, some would even spend more for mediocre names.

Last edited:
•••
Really?? So if you're affiliated with ICANN or Verisign you don't have to pay for renewals?

•••
Volume. The ones they do sell more than make up for the ones that don’t. Many/most of their names had previous owners so somebody already liked them at least once

but if this is true then wouldnt domaining be simple and profitable for all or most whereby we dont particularly care about quality.. just have as many as possible..... oh and also... whatever happened to quality over quantity?

•••

affiliated how?

•••
u guys should begin this thread establishing their net profit margins...Roi etc... at this stage everyone here has no clue if they make net 5 dolla per year ...or 5k dolla... or 5milion dolla

•••
Really?? So if you're affiliated with ICANN or Verisign you don't have to pay for renewals?
It's just the ICANN fee that has to be paid for each yearly renewal, which is 18 US cents

So yes, every thing we pay for renewals/registrations above the ICANN fee is purely profit and operating costs to the registration service

Last edited:
•••
Where do I find 5 worded domains in mid range price ? like : themer.net, themes.com, zokol.com

•••
but if this is true then wouldnt domaining be simple and profitable for all or most whereby we dont particularly care about quality.. just have as many as possible..... oh and also... whatever happened to quality over quantity?
There is nothing in my quote that says they shouldn’t be quality

•••
It's just the ICANN fee that has to be paid for each yearly renewal, which is 18 US cents

So yes, every thing we pay for renewals/registrations above the ICANN fee is purely profit and operating costs to the registration service
In addition to the 18 cent ICANN fee, registrars pay $9.59 for .com’s to Verisign. Total cost a registrar pays for a .com per year is $9.77.

•••
There is nothing in my quote that says they shouldn’t be quality

ok but there was.stuff that said they are a quantity model no?

•••
ok but there was.stuff that said they are a quantity model no?
No, there wasn't. You have quantity decent names. Some are going to be better than others, like most portfolios.

•••
Would anyone buy any of their drops? I found one recently and thought it was good. But before buying looked it up and saw HugeDomains owned it for ~10 years (and tried to sell it). They didn't and eventually dropped it. Can't imagine I'd be able to sell it if they couldn't. Anyone have a different opinion?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back