NameSilo

How can I start selling?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey,

NPers I have a question, a beginners questions. How can I start making money off Amazon affiliates program and from other affiliate programs?

Basically I have a few domain names that I want to "open shop" with products from mainly Amazon. What do you think is the best way?

I was looking at WP Robot but want to see what else is out there.

I've also seen. ThisiswhyImbroke.com and it's amazing. Would like to achieve something like this.

Thanks for any advice! It's really much appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1) Don't start with a script or a technology or even a domain name - start with your topic, work from there
2) The days of quick and dirty money-grabs are pretty much over (especially if you're a noob)
3) Choose a profitable niche - preferably one that you know (or are at least interested in.)
4) Don't try to be everything to everyone - try to provide something really useful for a decent number of people.
5) Develop a site and content for your topic. Start small and grow the site later on.
6) Pre-sell products with your content. If you don't do this, you're playing a numbers game and you'll have little to show for it.
7) Post affiliate links for the products.
8) Build relationships and promote, promote, promote. You might be fortunate enough to get search engine love, but even is you are, don't put all your eggs in one basket. Search engines are fickle and have their own agenda (coughGooglecough)
9) Conversions (sales) are more important than clicks. Or traffic. If you can get a good conversion rate (percentage of traffic you send that BUYS), you can always get more traffic. If your conversion rate sucks, all the traffic in the world isn't going to make a profit.
10) Look for new opportunities Rinse and repeat.

Easy!

PS - I'm not a big fan of sites like the url you posted - the idea's been done to death and frankly most of those sites are a mishmush of "so what". But if you must, you need to be interesting and unique enough that people will subscribe to updates and follow you on social media.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the advice but I have some names that the only option is to open them as a shop.

I just want to have them open and have something there instead of a blank page. If I can make commission then that's fine.

I'm not trying to get rich, I just would like to have shops open and display products from a category that I choose.

Like if you view AllModern.com it's a sister company of WayFair.com they sell the exact product but it's on two different sites.

I have a domain name about Glasses, and the domain name is perfect for either a shop or a place where you would inquiry to get more info about glasses. Instead I would like to have products listed and send them to amazon maybe make some cash.

I'll dedicate my time to domain names that have more value and do different things but I don't want to have a domain there sitting doing nothing or not even trying to generate something from them.

•••
You DID say in your first post that you wanted to make money ;)

Shops are fine. But if ALL you have is a shop with the product info and images directly from someone's datafeed (Amazon or other) expect very low conversions and no search-engine love.

If you're OK with that, then any script will do. Just pick one. You could even do Amazon "AStores" and embed on your page.

AllModern is one of Wayfair's other domains and it addresses a specific audience (they also have a b2b supply and some others) - I never said there was anything wrong with having the same product on 2 sites, it's all in how you present it.

(Actually, Wayfair, formerly CSN Stores, started as hundreds of small niche sites, taking advantage of the very favorable way search engines used to treat exact match domains ...when that died down they consolidated under the brandable Wayfair name, bringing their established customer base with them. Hayneedle did the same thing.)

Personally, if I don't think a site's likely to earn its keep I'd just as soon put up a blank page ... if it's not going to bring in my hourly rate it's not worth an hour of my time ...but that's me :).

Good luck with it!

Last edited:
•••
http://www.prosociate.com/

The best out there.

Not to diss enlytend, but she is down on amazon.
Keep that in mind.

Funny how anti-amazon seo people say amazon shops are lousy, terrible, no good for seo, blah blah blah.
But thousands of people are making money with amazon shops.

Now the plugin above is the best I have found.

Got a few ideas on how to implement.

Oh, and that plugin does give you 90 day cookies!

•••
Not to diss enlytend, but she is down on amazon.
Keep that in mind.

I make very significant chunk of cash from Amazon - I'm really quite fond of them. What I don't like are automated amazon stores with no added value. Don't like them as an affiliate, don't like them as a shopper.

And it's a 90 day cookie BECAUSE prosociate adds products to the cart.

But since Prosociate adds the product(s) to the cart, Amazon extends the window to 90 days

Last edited:
•••
Nice ten point list enlytend

•••
I did very well with amazon for many years until they banned my state(Connecticut) because of our state tax or policy.

Not sure about the others but Amazon worked well for me.

•••
It's a good idea going for Amazon products.
First I would suggest that Amazon would be a start ( don't limit only to it ).
You should look for something automatic - there are option ( not sure how many for Amazon ), cause updating the site will be a problem.
Then promote, promote, promote!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back