Domain Empire

How can you get a GoDaddy assigned rep?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
A couple of years ago, I used to have a GoDaddy assigned representative for my account. It was great to be able to email or phone one person directly instead of churning in the general support mill. Then GD raised the bar as to how many domains you needed in your account to qualify for this, and I no longer had this rep.

Does anyone know whether GD still offer this service to larger account holders, and if so, how many domains you need to qualify?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So it's 250 domains AND spend $5k/year on a rolling basis??

•••
The article was written in 2013. The information it contains is not up to date.

Regardless, my question stands. Is anyone getting better VIP rates than DDC? I heard that they did offer slightly better rates, but my rep said no. I'm just curious if it was no for me, or no across the board.

•••
No clue what the exact qualifications are but have never had more than my current 500ish domains with GoDaddy, 99.9% .coms. Don't recall at what number of domains they let me in as have had an account with them for at least 12 years.

Regardless, my question stands. Is anyone getting better VIP rates than DDC? I heard that they did offer slightly better rates, but my rep said no. I'm just curious if it was no for me, or no across the board.

Assuming if someone was getting better rates they would be told to be hush hush so everyone else doesn't ask about it.

•••
The article was written in 2013. The information it contains is not up to date.
I don't think anything has changed since this update.

•••
I have a rep and the best price I received was $9.27 compared to my DDC price of $8.37

•••
All I can say is: depending on how much you spend... they'll bend over backwards for you. ;)

•••
I don't think anything has changed since this update.

Am I wrong to think that GoDaddy might be the best source of information for GoDaddy policies? :)

•••
They may have these so called rules in place but I didn't spend 2 grand in each half of the year in 2014 and I still have my rep. Personally I think it's on a case by case basis. I used to have over 2,000 domains at Godaddy and only have about 400 there right now. I have transferred many away. Last year I transferred away about 400 and only spent maybe $1,000 last year but I still have my rep. I spent well over $10,000 in 2013 and in previous years so I think they look at in a case by case basis. If you spend a lot with them at some point in time maybe they look at your whole history and use the rules but also bend the rules at times.

I've got over 400 domains and no longer have a rep. I had one, a few years ago, but when I dropped below 600 I stopped hearing from the acct rep. I meet the spending quota as well. I spend at least $4K. Who knows. I think its case by case as you said.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back