Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hello everyone,

It's the first time in my domain career that I've been scammed with no recovery in sight and I wanted to make everyone aware of this person and the trick used to scam people.

So there was the guy (Usman Jamal) who I've previously done small deals with like he was sending me funds to a service which is not available in Pakistan (company name removed for sensitive reason) and I was helping him to receive funds into his local bank account in Pakistan.

After gaining my trust with some small deals of low-mid 3 figure amounts, this time he asked if I can be of help again to receive his funds and to send him via crypto. He was actually selling a few domains to some individual and he asked me to receive money on his behalf from a 3rd party who was an individual and not any well-known company. I agreed to receive his funds and to give him money via crypto. This was a little suspicious to me but since I had done business with him in the past so I went ahead and helped him out.

After receiving funds in my (company name removed for sensitive reason) account, I paid him in crypto (equivalent to a little less than $500). In the next couple of hours, the guy who sent me funds initiated the dispute of not delivering the domains along with entire email communication as proof to (company name removed for sensitive reason) which doesn't seem associated with the person Usman Jamal

After going back and forth with the scammer Usman Jamal, he promised to return my money which he didn't and even blocked me on WhatsApp through which I was communicating. I tried to contact the individual who did the chargeback, but I got no response and eventually I had to accept that dispute in that person's favor because I was trapped by this scammer.

Lesson learned is that I'll never trust anyone for sending funds via crypto and not to accept any money coming in from any individual.

Below are the scammer details just in case he contacts you:

The names/alias he is using are Usman Jamal and Ahmad Jamal.

His bank account details are:
Account holder: Usman Jamal
Account number: 3047307900023049
Bank name: Faysal Bank

Account holder: Ahmad Jamal
Account number: 0504-0102705045
Bank name: Meezan Bank

His contact numbers are:
Phone numbers: +92-3414983122 and +92-3070663907

And physical address:
house#3585 railway road chowk shaheedan
Multan, Punjab, Pakistan

Email address: [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]

NamePros profile ID: https://www.namepros.com/members/mani0307.1004708

My suggestion for everyone is to avoid dealing with this scammer at any cost and not to make payments to anyone in crypto unless you trust that person completely. I did all this to help that guy but I got this in return. Anyhow, it doesn't mean I will change my nature of helping people but I'll be extra cautious in dealing. I also wanted to make everyone aware so no one else falls into such a trap.

Avoid buying any of his domains and you can easily know what domains are still owned by this person by doing a simple reverse WHOIS - https://www.whoxy.com/email/99692043 and https://www.whoxy.com/email/104784456

Thank you for reading and spreading this with everyone in your circle for everyone to know about this scammer and aware others.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My wife told me never trust anyone but her.

•••
•••
He scammed another well-known domainer successfully and was trying to scam another big one by selling a great 4L.

•••
Lesson learned is that I'll never trust anyone for sending funds via crypto and not to accept any money coming in from any individual.
Sorry for your loss, but this wasn't 'crypto' fault, and why did you hide that company name for 'sensitive reasons' (?) since they've scammed you, everything bad happened already, what are you sensitive about?

•••
Oh, my God,
I can't believe someone lied to you,
You should publish his company,
To avoid more people being cheated,
It is everyone's duty to fight cheaters

•••
Sorry for your loss, but this wasn't 'crypto' fault, and why did you hide that company name for 'sensitive reasons' (?) since they've scammed you, everything bad happened already, what are you sensitive about?
It was not any "crypto" fault. Mistake was from my side for not covering all my bases. It was just that I paid via crypto which I cannot reverse the transaction.

Sensitive due to the nature of that company not operating in Pakistan and naming that company won't be beneficial to anyone but of course I can share the name via DM if someone is interested to know.

I believe the shared information is good enough to understand the nature of scam and the scammer detail to remain alert.

•••
I believe the shared information is good enough to understand the nature of scam and the scammer detail to remain alert.
Well, agree.

Here are some crypto-friendly escrow services:
https://cryptoexchange.com/escrow/ (used personally)
https://www.uniscrow.com/
https://escrowdomains.com/ (held by Greenberg & Lieberman @stevanlieberman attorneys)

I've also seen that there is escrow support on XRP Ledger blockchain (https://xrpl.org/escrow.html), but didn't search for more info about them in particular.

Last edited:
•••
It was not any "crypto" fault. Mistake was from my side for not covering all my bases. It was just that I paid via crypto which I cannot reverse the transaction.

Sensitive due to the nature of that company not operating in Pakistan and naming that company won't be beneficial to anyone but of course I can share the name via DM if someone is interested to know.

Indeed, it is very unfortunate, may Allah reward you, my brother

•••
•••
Hope you make it back tenfold >:(

•••
This guy was working a long con it seems on multiple people. I knew him from some groups.

Sorry this happened to you but thanks for alerting others.

It’s sad but there is a nasty underbelly in this business like most others. What people will do when money is involved and they are desperate makes me always skeptical and cautious.

Scams like this have crept everywhere. The becoming friendly first makes it even more despicable .

•••
Thanks for the alert and for sharing the story, Abdul. (y)(y)(y)

Things (and shit!) happen. That's just money. Another life lesson, that's it.

But I would like to add that it is an absolutely standard scam also in the travel industry (I assume in many others too). I would be extremely cautious of any deal or operation where it's clear (or seems so) that there are more than two parties involved - 75% there is a scam scheme.

•••
Your help was grossly misguided.

Receiving money on behalf of another person is ALWAYS a bad idea. For instance, the accounting sending the funds could be a compromised account.

Plus, there are tons of fintech options available to process funds.

And when it comes to domain transactions, Dan and Daaz still offer crypto payouts.

He did not need ANY help.

That said, sorry about your ordeal

•••
it's so bad!!!
Kind and gentle people are becoming even more rare because of these shits... because we must call them with their real name.

•••
It happens
Lesson learned , look it this way !

•••
Sad reading this happened to you ABM.You will recover it all with a big sale .Karma will strike the scammer in a way he would not believe .

Thanks for putting this out there .

•••
Thanks everyone for all your moral support and suggestions. That matters to me the most. Also my main purpose was to make you all aware of this scammer and I appreciate your support.

Best wishes!

•••
•••
Hello everyone,

It's the first time in my domain career that I've been scammed with no recovery in sight and I wanted to make everyone aware of this person and the trick used to scam people.

So there was the guy (Usman Jamal) who I've previously done small deals with like he was sending me funds to a service which is not available in Pakistan (company name removed for sensitive reason) and I was helping him to receive funds into his local bank account in Pakistan.

Thank you for reading and spreading this with everyone in your circle for everyone to know about this scammer and aware others.

I definitely stick to primary escrow services on deals.
I only trust the money in escrow or banked.

Too many scammers moving thru the domain industry.

Glad you learned quickly.

•••
•••
ScamPros.jpg

•••
Thanks @AbdulBasit.com for sharing your story and for alerting about it.
I just can tell you to never ever accept payments in the name of someone else.
You can only trust yourself. Keep it simple.

•••
Thanks everyone for all your moral support and suggestions. That matters to me the most. Also my main purpose was to make you all aware of this scammer and I appreciate your support.

Best wishes!
Salam. Looking at that scammers profile here on Name Pros, he has been hiding among us all since 2017. One good thing is that he only stole $500 from you and not a domain name worth way more. Thanks for the heads up.

•••
Sorry you had to go through that. Fyi, Crypto had nothing to do with it.

From the movie ConAir with Nicolas Cage.

"There are two men that I trust. One of them is me and the other is not you."

Remember this in dealing with anyone online that you don't really know.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back