Dynadot

If you have to reveal one secret of your domaining success, what would be?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

i got no secrets...
nothing to hide, nothing to confess
whatever i get,
is because i was blessed
when it comes to ethics and morality
i pass the test
when it comes to doing the right thing
i try, to do my best

still, i walk my own path
even though the bricks were laid before me
choosing what i choose
rather than choices being made for me
feeding myself, rather than being fed
leading myself, rather than being led

i got no secrets...
nothing to hide and nothing to confess.
and it's because i was blessed, if i have any success.

dwjr. drops the mic and walks off stage

imo....

•••
No.1 secret of your domaining success:

Spend your time in the company of successful and clever people, ideally, these people should be more successful and more clever than you.

If you spend a lot of time in the company of losers, you will become one, sooner or later

:)

•••
Your time is your most valuable asset, so use it to study and learn. But it's extremely scarce, so you can't learn everything. What I mean is find your own niche, something you like and master it. That's the same reason we only have doctors that are authorities in their particular branch and not all branches of medicine.

•••
Two points:
One, keep on learning.
Two, patience.. patience

•••
Domains are a manna vehicle through which God's providence is able to manifest. God is on the throne. He resists the proud but gives grace give to the humble. Once you understand this, you realize that scarcity is an illusion and will begin to see the divinity and providence in every domain sale. You also gain clarity on dry spells when little or no sales happen.
Love it. I don't know why, but brings to mind the classic preach scene by Jackson in Pulp Fiction;

•••
Sorry Rob,

But this a load of drivel.....People don't need mumbo jumbo to feel grateful for a domain sale or persevere through the dry spells....

Haven't seen you post in a while, hope you're well.

Sort of Translation:

Embrace your gifts and be free to ask for guidance!

Regards

Last edited:
•••
One man's mumbo is another's jumbo... .

Some day you will discover that there is more wisdom in that statement than you realize.

•••
Well, I have definitely found otherwise and I have seen so many miracles for customers including just this week, so I am going to have to disagree.

And here is my favorite book of the last 400 years. I gave out so many copies in print that I just published it as a free eBook:

https://mysteryofprovidence.com/

Suffice it to say that we have been busy. And that is not "mumbo jumbo" either.
A miracle is a social construct where preceding causes are of sufficient mystery to invoke mysticism or divine intervention for an individual or group.

That said, as a meta, maybe we should all to some extent embrace the miraculous concept of a miracle to bask in appreciative joy for the wonder of what is!

Thanks for sharing your favorite book btw, I'll take a look.

Last edited:
•••
Just to re-cap so far we've had start with .com, go short, choose the profitable niche, invest in quality names, wait for the right buyer, shun sectors that don't spend big, investigate past sales, develop websites, operate under the radar, don't reveal your secrets, learn quantum algebra, be lucky, treat domaining as a hobby, act small time, ask for advice, go against advice, help humanity, preserve wealth, have a purpose, don't get married, embrace the non physical, invoke mysticism and trust in god.
Goes to show you'll need to find your own path.

•••
My advice:

"Balance and take accountability of your emotions just as you would your checkbook."

<rant>

To those who predominantly think in terms of valuing time and money (eg. your hourly rate), do you also have a defined value for your emotions, or an emotional rate if you will? The cost of triggering your emotions? eg. What is the cost you charge to allow a negative emotion to take hold?

Vice versa, what is the price of happiness? Or a single happy emotion? Can you apply the same high of a good day of domains to a friend or family members celebration? If not, that might be a sign your putting too much emotion into your domains, and a result of not having enough emotion left for the areas that (to many) matter most.

If you operate too much in the negative, you may be bring a volatile set of emotions home with you, or not have enough mental strength left to give YOUR emotions to those (yourself or others) who need it most. With this in mind, what is the price of getting mad? Can you put a dollar amount on what you're comfortable receiving to lose your composure? Is one hour of traffic worth, a situation at that point you have no control over, worth getting angry over? Maybe you lose one hour of pay? Or maybe it puts you at risk of getting fired? Different situations, different reactions, but the one thing nobody can take from us, is our emotion. Even when we lose them, an element of perception + strength + time will allow us to adapt and overcome.

Obviously, some situations are more compounded and require more internal strength to keep composure than other situations that might be irrationally blown out of proportion if emotions are already baselined high.. As we are all evolving, we can learn from the times we fall apart. Either by continually picking ourselves up when we fall down, or by gaining confidence by the more time you keep cool, calm, and composed. To eventually, our composure grows wiser, our skin becomes thicker, and the price of losing our cool or composure begins to commensurate with our growing confidence levels and true feeling of self worth (self worth being different than your hourly rate: speaking to the value of your emotions / hourly rate of your emotional deposits).

</rant>

That is a great post @Grilled! Very deep and true.

Mindfulness meditation is the greatest thing I learned to be calm and see through problems and even domaining, it is the key that helped with balancing emotions and clear the mind. In the end a domain name is just an illusion, just a word, just ones and zeros, a perception in the worldly ways, but we still need to survive with money. The important part is not get addicted and lose ourselves, but rather focus more on the things that truly matter in life, which are compassion and love for our fellow human beings and all of life and not to forget and see our self worth/love. If we can use the money we gain from domaining for a living and the excess profits for good to help others and ourselves inwardly, that is priceless. This is for any industry, money can bring evil. Use it wisely. Peace.

•••
Dot com is king. But, king alone cannot serve everybody. You need to appoint other players also.

So, don't disregard the potential of other extensions. But, be ruthlessly choosy in acquiring non coms.

•••
@Rob Monster

Being humble is nice, but too humble, and you stay hungry.

Otherwise... nice words :)

Some day you should talk to @Sacoplc about how he does domain investing. He does it in a very special way. Here is a hint:

It has been my pleasure to empower him.

Here is another one:

I am not saying we should not be diligent. Absolutely, we should be diligent -- put lines in the water in the form of landing pages that portray your domains in a good light.

At the same time, I would not underestimate the power of grace or providence. History records a few examples of people who really dialed in on that and were immensely productive.

Tesla, arguably the most prolific inventor of the last 150 years understood this well. He left plenty of hints as to the source of much of his inspiration.

upload_2021-6-7_21-55-4.png

upload_2021-6-7_21-55-46.png

Tesla's father was a Reverend in the Serbian Orthodox Church.

In Tesla's final letter to his mother, he humbly described his core work as an inventor was that he had served as a "vessel blessed with inspiration to formulate and explain it to mankind".

In the end, Tesla died single and close to penniless. Nevertheless, the eventual arrival of the internet that now funds the living of any domainer is arguably the derivative result of this diligent yet humble servant.

•••
•••
•••
Oh two things I forgot which are very important, learn from your mistakes and have patience. If you search my past comments, going back to 2015, you will see I owned PREMIERE DOT XYZ, CHEROKEE DOT XYZ INQUIRER DOT XYZ, preorder, michelle, gary, nsfw, and numerous other premium names, just crazy amount of high quality names ive forgotten about. I sold them for next to nothing, practically gave them away because I thought that's as much as it was ever going to be so I sold them for that. We are talking $5 to $10 here. You dont know how much it pains me when I see a domain that I had or had the chance of owning being sold for xxxx

I still have valuable names now but my portfolio is non existent for the most part because I gave them away. So something that might not be worth something right now, does not always mean it will forever, you don't know how trends will be in 5 to 10 years. I see huge potential with some of these extensions, granted there are more extensions that are worthless than others, but I still see potential, and if all you gotta do is pay $80 to lock it in for 8 years, why not? Especially if they are high quality names

Last edited:
•••
Domains are a manna vehicle through which God's providence is able to manifest. God is on the throne. He resists the proud but gives grace give to the humble. Once you understand this, you realize that scarcity is an illusion and will begin to see the divinity and providence in every domain sale. You also gain clarity on dry spells when little or no sales happen.
Sorry Rob,

But this a load of drivel.....People don't need mumbo jumbo to feel grateful for a domain sale or persevere through the dry spells....

Haven't seen you post in a while, hope you're well.

•••
•••
Adaptation through cultivating pickiness. For acquisitions, forming suitable attachments or 'love' for domains commensurate with asking price. Having more puzzle pieces to see and know more.

~
LoveDomains.com

Last edited:
•••
My advice:

"Balance and take accountability of your emotions just as you would your checkbook."

<rant>

To those who predominantly think in terms of valuing time and money (eg. your hourly rate), do you also have a defined value for your emotions, or an emotional rate if you will? The cost of triggering your emotions? eg. What is the cost you charge to allow a negative emotion to take hold?

Vice versa, what is the price of happiness? Or a single happy emotion? Can you apply the same high of a good day of domains to a friend or family members celebration? If not, that might be a sign your putting too much emotion into your domains, and a result of not having enough emotion left for the areas that (to many) matter most.

If you operate too much in the negative, you may be bring a volatile set of emotions home with you, or not have enough mental strength left to give YOUR emotions to those (yourself or others) who need it most. With this in mind, what is the price of getting mad? Can you put a dollar amount on what you're comfortable receiving to lose your composure? Is one hour of traffic worth, a situation at that point you have no control over, worth getting angry over? Maybe you lose one hour of pay? Or maybe it puts you at risk of getting fired? Different situations, different reactions, but the one thing nobody can take from us, is our emotion. Even when we lose them, an element of perception + strength + time will allow us to adapt and overcome.

Obviously, some situations are more compounded and require more internal strength to keep composure than other situations that might be irrationally blown out of proportion if emotions are already baselined high.. As we are all evolving, we can learn from the times we fall apart. Either by continually picking ourselves up when we fall down, or by gaining confidence by the more time you keep cool, calm, and composed. To eventually, our composure grows wiser, our skin becomes thicker, and the price of losing our cool or composure begins to commensurate with our growing confidence levels and true feeling of self worth (self worth being different than your hourly rate: speaking to the value of your emotions / hourly rate of your emotional deposits).

</rant>

Last edited:
•••
@Brands.International. Mate one thing to avoid is blaming other people. Avoid it like you would driving a car on a steep downhill without brakes. "The reality these days: richer are getting richer, and poor are getting poorer" It doesn't get you anywhere at all mate cept down Bitterness Boulevard. Try this less oft recited music hall ditty instead "The reality these days: smart are getting smarter, and lazy are getting lazier". It's not the smart man's fault that the lazy man is lazy. "The reality these days: richer are getting richer, and poor are getting poorer" Which people are getting richer and which people are getting poorer? Investigate the facts everything comes down to one simple equation -:- TIME x ACTION = RESULT. Giving f--k all = getting f--k all. Our world is now 99 % asking for rights and 1 % taking responsibilities. 99 % are lazy 1 % are smart that would be why "The reality these days: richer are getting richer, and poor are getting poorer". I spent many of my formative years blaming the dark forces in the corridors of Westminster and it got me nowhere.

Last edited:
•••
Some day you should talk to @Sacoplc about how he does domain investing. He does it in a very special way. Here is a hint:

It has been my pleasure to empower him.

Here is another one:

I am not saying we should not be diligent. Absolutely, we should be diligent -- put lines in the water in the form of landing pages that portray your domains in a good light.

At the same time, I would not underestimate the power of grace or providence. History records a few examples of people who really dialed in on that and were immensely productive.

Tesla, arguably the most prolific inventor of the last 150 years understood this well. He left plenty of hints as to the source of much of his inspiration.

Show attachment 192387

Show attachment 192388

Tesla's father was a Reverend in the Serbian Orthodox Church.

In Tesla's final letter to his mother, he humbly described his core work as an inventor was that he had served as a "vessel blessed with inspiration to formulate and explain it to mankind".

In the end, Tesla died single and close to penniless. Nevertheless, the eventual arrival of the internet that now funds the living of any domainer is arguably the derivative result of this diligent yet humble servant.
If you want to empower them, Rob, tell them they should learn blockchain and crypto, and they should do it very very quickly. This will empower them 1000x comparing to domain names or anything else available atm.

Domaining is, unfortunately, a complete waste of time in 2021 when I compare it to what is currently going on on DEFI/NFTs/blockchain (unless you have a pretty good portfolio, and tbh, 99,999% of people will never have a good portfolio).

And even with an excellent portfolio, it is just a time waste anyway - when someone sells a domain for 50k, it is all over the Namepros, a big event. But for 50k, you can buy only some very average NFT, like some very basic, floor Cryptopunk...and these trade daily in dozens of transactions, and no one even cares anymore.

So instead of playing with domain names, crypto/blockchain/NFTs/DEFI is much more promising atm for those who really need to improve their situation. Just my 2 cents :)

•••
The only secret to domaining is the grind and the hardwork. It is all a matter of putting in the hours. If you put in the hour, there is no way anyone can fail, unless you think you are way too smart and start hand registering junk thinking yourself as a Visionary.

It is plain and simple. Put in the hours doing productive things. All the information you need is out there.

•••
•••
Not telling my wife I used the credit card.

•••
Hard work :xf.wink:
If hard work was the answer, the African slaves that worked the cotton fields in America would've been billionaires.

With that said, hard work can definitely help, but only after you've learned to work smart.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back