IT.COM

If you have to reveal one secret of your domaining success, what would be?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How much would you pay for such a secret?

•••
Well, I have definitely found otherwise and I have seen so many miracles for customers including just this week, so I am going to have to disagree.

And here is my favorite book of the last 400 years. I gave out so many copies in print that I just published it as a free eBook:

https://mysteryofprovidence.com/

Suffice it to say that we have been busy. And that is not "mumbo jumbo" either.
One man's mumbo is another's jumbo....we will agree to disagree...

Thanks for the link, but it's not not my cup of tea - going through a fantasy & Sci Fi stage atm....

•••
@barman I agree with the second and third chunks of your post. Actually quitting my day job was exactly the motivation needed to take domain monetisation seriously. It's not necessarily been a smooth ride but taking it more seriously than a side show provided the relative kick up the ass to start earning. One caveat is that I had 10 grand in the bank when I quit my day job.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Bob Hawkes Do have a blog that I can subscribe to mate?
By far the majority of writing is here on NamePros Blog, where I do one a week.
If you click on this link to the NamePros Blog, and then just above the posts on the top right there is a setting where you can watch the thread. If you select that, with email notification if you wish, you will get an alert each time that there is a new post.

I also post from time to time at NameTalent. I don't think I am supposed to put the link though.

Bob

•••
"If I have to reveal one..."

Get The First Mover Advantage.

But that's no secret.

•••
•••
Buy flowers.mobi for $200,000. Call yourself domain king.

•••
I Can't Call My Self A Successful Domainer

But The Only Thing That I Can Tell You That You Should Lose Some Money And Trying For A Long Time To Get Successful And There Is A lot Of Secrets That You Can't Imagine
So Just Keep Trying Don't Give Up

•••
Two words that start with the same letter and rhyme well together.

•••
•••
My advise: Learn how to distinguish between wholesale sale and end user sale at Namebio basing on venue.
Sedo, BuyDomains, Uniregistry, DomainMarket, NamePull are typically retail sales.

•••
•••
•••
Just to re-cap so far we've had start with .com, go short, choose the profitable niche, invest in quality names, wait for the right buyer, shun sectors that don't spend big, investigate past sales, develop websites, operate under the radar, don't reveal your secrets, learn quantum algebra, be lucky, treat domaining as a hobby, act small time, ask for advice, go against advice, help humanity, preserve wealth, have a purpose, don't get married, embrace the non physical, invoke mysticism and trust in god.
And don't believe the hype (see previous posts)

•••
I hate all the social media and closed-source devices and apps etc. , and I might be missing a lot. This might be secret of my failure (I mean, not being more successful compared to time spent on this). I could be 10x more successful if I used all the evil social media etc (for outbounding).

Last edited:
•••
•••
I learned it the hard way:

Save your secret - Oops, I revealed my secret !

•••
@equity78 Are you coming along for the ride mate?
1200x800.jpg

•••
Domains are a manna vehicle through which God's providence is able to manifest.

Amen.

A miracle is a social construct where preceding causes are of sufficient mystery to invoke mysticism or divine intervention for an individual or group.

+1

"The secret to success is constancy of purpose." -Disraeli

+100

Do not get marry.

1. A healthy network of authentic connections.
  2. Bonding (any bond is built on trust and trust is asset).
  3. If you're getting all the referrals/recommendations you need, you don't need to pitch/sell or use landing pages.
  4. Always ask questions instead of talking about the …. the whole time.
  5. If they care about your business culture, you know, long-term relationship is possible.
  6. All you need is courage and knowledge.
  7. Disappointment is the moment. Let it go: but & maybe, yesterday & later.
  8. Ego is your friend. A mismanaged ego can lead to a laziness and lacks of knowledge/skills. Train your dragon.
  9. Accept, most of your domain names are ready to be dropped, anytime.
  10. Besides Domains, most of us look at a lot of things and we’re into many businesses. (multiple income streams). You?
Regards

+10

•••
focus on domains within markets that are profitable

•••
I would say pick only domains that you would renew for next few years.
That makes a lot of sense, just like doing a job you love. If you love your job you are able to sustain the momentum even during hard times which in this context is a period of no sales.

•••
Don't be afraid to take an occasional leap of faith (aka "risk")!

Don't go way above your mean$, and use your best judgment and even wisdom if you've learned from your past mistakes.

•••
and if all you gotta do is pay $80 to lock it in for 8 years, why not? Especially if they are high quality names

I hear what you're saying. Focus more on long term renewals than on new acquisitions. Build a quality portfolio. Play the long game. Don't undersell your quality names. Have patience. Cheers.

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back