iMODO.com!

NameSilo
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the iMODO.com thread!
Please feel free to share your experience and/or opinions. :tu:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hadn't checked the site in awhile, but my highest earner is now showing news in what looks to be Spanish. It was always English before and no settings have been changed. I checked settings and they're still in English....This certainly can't help my CTR

•••
I still can't log into my imodo account. When I try I get the following:

www.imodo.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 11/3/2008 7:13 AM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

•••
Use IE and you just skip the message.

•••
•••
Badger said:
Both points above are complete - if you believe you should have been paid and haven't been then please take this to PM or mail me..

:oops, missed the security cert post above - this also is in hand. It shouldnt affect functionality.

Thx

please check PM's and support tickets

Thank you

•••
Hi Ian

Can you tell me why you only pay out by cheque once a user has attained $1000 in due monies? Most of the other parking companies pay out at between $20.00 and $25.00. I have amassed $60.06 in revenue since November last year and can only get paid if I open an account with Paypal.

•••
IAN, i have sent you a PM with info on my missing payment.
I did sent messages before that via PM and through the IMODO form.
All I got back was silence.
I really do not think this is the right way to conduct a serious business. :|

•••
sorry fellas, had a bit of a family crisis...

Got most of the back issues done but ive been kinda sidetracked.

Ill see if one of my fellow directors can finish off where were at for now and ill follow up in a few days

•••
Just Checking

Hello All,
I have been searching for a reliable and a cash rewarding Parking Service and I happen to stumble upon this forum and I was wondering why I should join imodo.com. The reason why I ask this is because, I see a lot of problems by reading the threads of this topic.

Can anyone tell me with certainty I should consider parking my domains on imodo.com.

I am open to all suggestions, pros and cons, and any insight to this parking service.

I am currently on Sedo and Domain Sponsors but I can always look for a better parking service.

I have about 130 domains.

So, please, your inputs positive or negative would be greatly appreciated for me to decide whether or not I will be using imodo.com.

Thanks
Tony

Last edited:
•••
I put a bunch at imodo around 10 days ago. So far I've had about 1000 uniques, but only two clicks for 22 cents. I'm not sure this is a valid appraisal of imodo, though, because I haven't optimized the domains. I don't know how long this will take. If optimizing could get a decent CTR, imodo would be great, but as is, it's not too productive.

•••
Fair reviews... Refreshing to see :D

Established users will be pleased to learn that our development team have already re-tuned their attentions back onto iMODO development.

We also have some new premium templates on the way. Most of the bug fixes noted above are being fixed and we are looking to extend both the coverage of our premium templates and also who has access to them.

Were testing out some killer apps for UK domains at the moment and this seems to be going remarkably well. Hopefully we can also extend to other domains soon.

•••
Yahoo Feed at iMoDo??

Badger,

What about the Yahoo feed for the U.S.?

•••
Not being indexed by Google

I've noted in previous posts that my sites on IMODO have almost all been delisted by google. Before I thought that it might have be because of changes made by Google (there were all listed before), but now today I received this email from Google Adsense.

Hello,

While reviewing your ad implementation, we noticed that your robots.txt file is currently preventing our AdSense crawler from reaching a significant number of pages with ads in your account.

In order to serve targeted, paid ads to your sites, our crawler needs to visit your sites’ pages to determine their content. Please update your robots.txt file to allow the AdSense crawler to access all pages showing Google ads. You can allow the AdSense crawler access to your sites by adding the following lines to your robots.txt file:

User-agent: Mediapartners-Google*
Disallow:

Thanks for helping enable us to serve the most relevant ads to your sites. Please note that in the future, if we can't crawl some of your pages, we may disable ad serving to those pages.

By the way, I am refering to my sites using the legacy news templates, which were working well, and still do okay, but would probably do a lot better if they were indexed by Google. I am guessing most of the traffic coming from Yahoo?

I recently also set my non US traffic names to Premium templates and they also do okay, about the same when they were on the legacy templates.

I think getting a Yahoo Feed and allowing the AdSense crawler to access all pages should be the most important priorities, although I can't complain as the service is free. Tks IMODO.

Last edited:
•••
TP said:
I still can't log into my imodo account. When I try I get the following:

www.imodo.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 11/3/2008 7:13 AM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

same case here :!:

•••
TP said:
I've noted in previous posts that my sites on IMODO have almost all been delisted by google. Before I thought that it might have be because of changes made by Google (there were all listed before), but now today I received this email from Google Adsense.

Hello,

While reviewing your ad implementation, we noticed that your robots.txt file is currently preventing our AdSense crawler from reaching a significant number of pages with ads in your account.

In order to serve targeted, paid ads to your sites, our crawler needs to visit your sites’ pages to determine their content. Please update your robots.txt file to allow the AdSense crawler to access all pages showing Google ads. You can allow the AdSense crawler access to your sites by adding the following lines to your robots.txt file:

User-agent: Mediapartners-Google*
Disallow:

Thanks for helping enable us to serve the most relevant ads to your sites. Please note that in the future, if we can't crawl some of your pages, we may disable ad serving to those pages.

By the way, I am refering to my sites using the legacy news templates, which were working well, and still do okay, but would probably do a lot better if they were indexed by Google. I am guessing most of the traffic coming from Yahoo?

I recently also set my non US traffic names to Premium templates and they also do okay, about the same when they were on the legacy templates.

I think getting a Yahoo Feed and allowing the AdSense crawler to access all pages should be the most important priorities, although I can't complain as the service is free. Tks iMODO.

Nick helped me check the robot.txt file of some of the domains and they seem fine. I don't know why Google sent the above, although I haven't checked all (500+) domains.

Also, I've noticed an uptick in Adsense income over the last few days and more domains getting indexed by Google again. I wonder if it has anything to do with the development team retuning back on the iMODO platform!

TP

•••
In the first four days of December, I have 449 uniques and four clicks for eight cents. The click through rate is pretty low, but again, this is without much optimization.

I am a little disappointed that a couple co.uk domains haven't done much.

•••
Same here. I had switched a few of my domains to Premium and Dec. has started out very very poorly. Thats why I'm still sticking with Legacy templates. In that regard, Dec. has started out very very well.

•••
Premium revenue stats are delayed for Friday / Saturday and probably Sunday

This is out of our control im afraid.. But im tentatively gonna say that this will all catch up on Monday..

•••
Update from Yahoo:

Reports for Dec. 4th through Dec. 7th are currently unavailable. The data is being reprocessed. Current ETA: 17:00 PST

Once again, sorry for the delay

•••
Has anyone been paid by IDOMO in the last 2 month ?

•••
Wow, I almost forgot about iMODO.com :blink:

•••
hawkv said:
Has anyone been paid by IDOMO in the last 2 month ?

Yup, everyone, as usual..

Oh wait.. IDOMO.. Cant comment for them - although it looks like they make some nice furniture.

•••
Badger said:
Yup, everyone, as usual..

Oh wait.. IDOMO.. Cant comment for them - although it looks like they make some nice furniture.

:bingo:

•••
I've uploaded a bunch of domains to IMODO.

How do I bulk change the template for a bunch of domains all at once, or for all my domains? Domains I uploaded earlier are showing a imodo template and domains I uploaded later seem to be parked on Streamic. For all the domains, rather than parking them, I want to have minisites and to monitor the (hopefully growing organic) traffic on them.

•••
Income dropping to zero

I was making 40-60 USD per day in my Adsense account using Imodo's Legacy template. In mid-April, all my domains reverted to Imodo's new templates with streemic parked pages even though my settings still was still set for legacy templates. My income (no longer on adsense, but on Imodo's stats) then fell and became erratic, averaging 10USD per day between April 15 to 30, with some days showing 0 income. I've been an ardent supporter of Imodo, but at this rate, I won't be able to justify renewing my domains. Anyone else have the same experience, or am I one of the last still using Imodo?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back