Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

shayan

Established Member
Impact
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has tried to advertise their domain name using paid-advertisements on Instagram and/or Facebook? Would love to hear everyone's experience on this, even if you haven't but are considering trying. Please start share your input. Let's all discuss this opportunity!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Havent yet, but I thought about it a few times. Might try it some day eventually.

•••
I think if you have a few first name or last name domains then a well targetted Facebook ad campaign could actually work well..

However, if you have a business domain then probably best to set-up a targetted ad campaign on Linkedin - that way you can refine the target audience to MD/CEO or Owners. Let say for example you had a domain name like InsuranceQuotes.com then you could target the domain to people in the Insurance industry that have the job title of CEO/MD/Marketing Manager/Owner etc...

Last edited:
•••
yes we have experience with facebook and we get good results.

•••
By definition of good results, meaning your paid-ads have been received with direct buyers?

•••
•••
I will try Facebook ads, Adwords and Linkedin next month.

My domains are languishing in Sedo for many years. It has been 10 years since my last buyer.

•••
With Instagram do you mean using an influencer? Not sure how to convert that into a domain sale. It's more of the Kim K. crowd isn't it? :xf.laugh:

•••
Like you've seriously not sold a domain in 10 years😢

My domains are languishing in Sedo for many years. It has been 10 years since my last buyer.

•••
Like you've seriously not sold a domain in 10 years😢

I sold a domain in 2016 in this forum, but not in Sedo. :D

•••
Linkedin ads is expensive. I used Adwords and Facebook Ads.

•••
It's really good to use this.

•••
A friend of mine used the paid Facebook ads and said that they didn't have the expected result and the target group that he wanted to focus on was not reached so this led to the failure of the ads. In my opinion, working with an influencer will be more beneficial than the Facebook ads. Of course, it depends also on your target customers.

•••
•••

Can you give an example? How did you target the ads to relevant buyers? What was your ad spend vs. your return?

•••
I think Facebook ads really works quite well, if I remember well, I did this a few times and it delivered really good results

•••
I think Facebook ads really works quite well, if I remember well, I did this a few times and it delivered really good results

Can you be more specific? What did you advertise, who did you target?

•••

10 years no sale?!
Before going wild on FB and other ads, I'll suggest you post your domains in the appraisal section and see what others have to say about the names. Just my opinion.

•••
An acquaintance of mine is posting ads on Facebook and said it works for her. It took a few tries before she set the right audience, now she's satisfied with what she gets.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back