IT.COM

question Is everyone on NamePro's holding 6N.com & 7Ncom's

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Steve Feary

DomainSteveRestricted (Market)
Impact
Hi,
After speaking to many NamePro's members over the past few days, I've come to the conclusion that everyone seems to be holding their 6N.com and 7N.coms. The only names that are being traded are for peanuts.

Is everyone waiting for the 7N.com buyout?
What is your opinion?
Anyone selling elsewhere?

Regards, Steve

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I have few around 200, waiting for buyout
starting 1888....9888 all are gone
Now few ending 8881....8889 are left
after that price will rise after this month

•••
I have no numeric domains as I don't understand how a business would brand on a long numeric domain .

24.com or 247.com would work for a news channel

18.com might work for a fashion business

21.com might work for a nightclub

•••
Hi,
After speaking to many NamePro's members over the past few days, I've come to the conclusion that everyone seems to be holding their 6N.com and 7N.coms. The only names that are being traded are for peanuts.

Is everyone waiting for the 7N.com buyout?
What is your opinion?
Anyone selling elsewhere?

Regards, Steve
If everyone is holding their numbers and there are only a few on the market being sold for peanuts then what is going to happen when the market gets flooded when registrations are due at the end of the year? Burst!

•••
If everyone is holding their numbers and there are only a few on the market being sold for peanuts then what is going to happen when the market gets flooded when registrations are due at the end of the year? Burst!
This is one possible tragic ending... Subprimes of domains lol.
I have no numeric .com.

•••
My last one 876768.com is in godaddy auction now.

•••
I'm holding my premiums and slowly selling my worst 6n.coms although I don't have any really low quality ones left anymore. I'm selling around 30 of my lesser 6n's later this month on namejet. I will be left with over 100 premium pattern 6n's and 70+ of them have no 0/4 in them.

I am very bullish on 6n's with good patterns and don't plan on selling these for some months yet.
It is tempting sometimes to sell some as my ROI would be fantastic but patience is a virtue IMO.

N.B I have spoken to some huge owners of 6n's and they are doing the same as me, selling the worst (if at all) and keeping the better ones for a while.

Last edited:
•••
I only came here to say yes... As I read the title in the most recent feed as "is everyone on NP drunk"...

•••
N.B I have spoken to some huge owners of 6n's and they are doing the same as me, selling the worst (if at all) and keeping the better ones for a while.
Who's buying the worst ones though? I'm trying to shift my worse ones (which it seems everyone is) but no one seems interested. Everyone wants the good patterns.

•••
Who's buying the worst ones though? I'm trying to shift my worse ones (which it seems everyone is) but no one seems interested. Everyone wants the good patterns.

In today's market this is what is in demand.
No idea if the worst of the worst will rise again any time soon, Premiums patterns with/without 0/4 are doing very well.

•••
I only came here to say NO... currently no single numeric domain in my portfolio... ;)

•••
NO, not holding any of these.
I actively trying to sell these 7N. :)

5866587.com expires 11/19/2016
5877589.com expires 11/19/2016
6996959.com expires 11/13/2016
8992665.com expires 11/13/2016

•••
Always thought the numerics were too risky and you really have to keep up with the market.

Too much work, too much risk for a large investment.

I have a few numerics across a few different extensions that I bought a while ago.

I don't know what I will do with them yet.

•••
Have one 5N (14406) and few 7N of ABCBCBC pattern like

5 54 54 54
3 84 84 84
6 64 64 64

I prefer those to "chip" 6N that I cannot remember after few minutes... Remembering 5545454.com is almost as easy as remembering 554.com

•••
Chinese going to wait for you guys to let them drop then pick them up.

•••
•••
Chinese going to wait for you guys to let them drop then pick them up.

I am fine with holding good patterns. I am ok with 0,4. I am fine with Friday, 13 too, for that matter, as well as with 666...

•••
I do think many drops coming up, for me I did reg most of mine for two years in the expectation of a drop off in demand at some time, my names are for sale on sedo and godaddy, I do have about ten that I do the godaddy 7 day auction thing with, need to be a little proactive. Rest are listed as buy now. I think the idea of flipping these overnight was never going to last. The thinking was to buy good patterns and then do what some of the best domainers do, allow the market to come to you. Nothing wrong with selling a cheapie every now and then to get a little cash flow. As stated the 7n buyout may have an interesting effect. Where will all this be in five years I wonder?

•••
I think this market is cooling down but good patterns will see a rise in the near future. 6s and 8s are very prominent in Chinese culture.

•••
It seems the market on namepros lacks liquidity at the moment as many people seem unsure of the market. If you want to sell a 6N.com or 7N.com for a decent price immediately, it seems there have been no takers on namepros recently. On ename.com, there is very good liquidity with tons of buyers and sellers, but you need to be Chinese to sell domains there. Luckily, my wife is Chinese, so I have been selling domains there by setting up an account in her name. If anyone wants to sell their domains on ename.com, I could help. You'll need to trust me enough to transfer your domains to my ename account and pay the transfer fee (Y60, about $9). Take a look at chaomi.com first to get an idea of the going price in China. If interested, send me a PM and we'll discuss it--I will take a commission and pay you in USD or Chinese currency.

•••
I am selling but holding the yummy ones.

•••
I have 40 7N with 88 ( no 0/4)
5 7N with 888 ( no 0/4)

I can sell :)

•••
I don't have any, neither have any plans of acquisition.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back